• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What Consoles Do You Own/What's Your Primary Platform

Turo602

The King of Kings
So it's a simple question, what consoles do you have and what has been your primary platform this gen or just in general?

Currently, I have an N64, Gameboy Advance SP, Playstation 2, Gamecube, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, and Switch.

I've never been a fanboy for a particular brand as I grew up around all of them and got to enjoy each, but I did have a preference for Nintendo up until they started to fall behind with the Wii and lost tons of support. So the Xbox 360 was my go to platform and I've stuck with Xbox since, mainly because I prioritize Halo and Gears of War over anything on Playstation, which hasn't quite had anything that has felt like a major must have to me. Plus, I already had tons of games on the 360, so naturally I wanted to continue playing certain franchises on an Xbox console. I still love Nintendo though as they have lots of my absolute favorite franchises, and I do have a soft spot for Playstation as they still have enough exclusive games that interest me. However, in terms of where I spend most of my time playing games, it's definitely been Xbox.

Reactions: Jen

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I used to own a Nintendo with an adapter to also play Game Boy games on it, and considered getting a PlayStation 2 at some point, but decided I didn't need it. The reason I'm sticking with my PC - besides being utterly unable to play shooters with manual aiming without a mouse, a fact that nearly caused me to miss out on my favourite game ever - is because of the many things I can do with it, gaming being only one of them.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
I own:

N64
Super Nintendo
Gameboy Advance x 2
Switch
PS3 x 2
PS4 x 2
PC

My main go to is the PS4 (my husband and I both have one so we can play games together that only have network multiplayer ie ESO and Killing Floor 2). PC is my second choice, on which I play all of my ZOOTRs.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
Several of my consoles were shared with my siblings because we couldn't afford much growing up. It seems like I have quite a lot, but they were shared over many Christmases and birthdays.

I'm going to organise these roughly in the order we got them. I own:

PS1
Nintendo 64
Sega Megadrive II
Gameboy Colour
PS2
Nintendo Gamecube
Gameboy Advance
Xbox 360
Nintendo 3DS
Wii
Wii U
PS4 Slim (I also had the normal PS4 but that broke)
Nintendo Switch

My main console is my PS4, however, my Switch definitely gives it a run for its money. I like Sony exclusives (and adore The Last of Us in particular), and it's just an all round good console. But I've always loved Nintendo too. The Switch didn't appeal to me when it was first announced, but I've now racked up tons of hours on it.

Like @Turo602 said above, I don't really fangirl over one console. I'm open to trying anything and I've grown up with all different consoles. At the moment though, it's definitely PS4 for me (especially with The Last of Us Part II coming soon), but there's definitely a healthy dose of Nintendo Switch in there.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I currently own the following:

PS4
Wii
PSP
XBOX360
PS2

I only USE the PS4 for all realistic purposes here. My fiancee and I love having the PS4 set up for all of our entertainment needs. It is just so easy and I am more of a Sony person. I'd love to own a VITA and Switch as well, but I can play my friends at work if I need to!

What have I owned though? Glad you asked!

PC, Atari, SNES, Sega Genesis, N64, PS1, PSP, PS2, Xbox360, Wii, PS4, Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance. Most of these are broken or at my parents' house in storage. When I had my new house inspected this week, I found a Dreamcast in the basement. My secret hope is that they leave it there! haha

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, as I have two roommates, and we all play each other's consoles, this one's pretty fun.

PS4 and Switch are our Go-To's. The one's we play the absolute most.

However, we've also been playing both the PS2 and the PS3 as of late.

Rarely played are our Gamecube, N64, PSone, NES, and SNES.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Atari 2600
NES
Sega Genesis
Game Boy/Color/Advance
SNES
PlayStation 1
Nintendo 64
PlayStation 2
XBOX
GameCube
XBOX 360
PlayStation 3
Wii
XBOX One

The Atari, N64 and XBOX (which is broken) don't get much use, but the others get a pretty steady amount of playtime.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I currently own PS3, 360, PS4, Switch.

Previously owned SNES, Genesis, N64, PS2, Xbox.

PS4 is my go-to platform. If a game's on Switch, I get it for that (except MK 11, which I got for PS4 because of my fighter arcade stick), PS4 for everything else.

Mr.R

Back in the day, I was a very Sega children. I had a Genesis (Mega Drive here in Brazil) and a Sega Saturn. I don't have those consoles anymore sadly and selling them is something I regret. I also had an R-Zone (don't ask...) and a fami-clone (Those were very popular in South America. Mine was shaped like an N64 joystick with 80 NES games built in and I bought in mid 2000's because...why not? I would say half of those were good, but they were mostly 1st generation NES titles, like Excitebike, Spartan X, Super Arabian and so on. It had Super Mario and Contra though.)

Nowadays I'm mostly a Sony guy, because its exclusives suits me more. I own a Ps1, a PS2, a PS3 and a Ps4. I still use pretty much all of them, except my PS1, because its ac adapter is malfunctioning. I also have a Game Boy Advance, but thanks to cellphone emulators I don't use it so much these days (But it was a blast to play the GBA Castlevanias back then, especially Aria of Sorrow. Fun times).

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Back in the day, I was a very Sega childrenI had a Genesis (Mega Drive here in Brazil) and a Sega Saturn. I don't have those consoles anymore sadly and selling them is something I regret. I also had an R-Zone (don't ask...) and a fami-clone (Those were very popular in South America. Mine was shaped like an N64 joystick with 80 NES games built in and I bought in mid 2000's because...why not? I would say half of those were good, but they were mostly 1st generation NES titles, like Excitebike, Spartan X, Super Arabian and so on. It had Super Mario and Contra though.)

Nowadays I'm mostly a Sony guy, because its exclusives suits me more. I own a Ps1, a PS2, a PS3 and a Ps4. I still use pretty much all of them, except my PS1, because its ac adapter is malfunctioning. I also have a Game Boy Advance, but thanks to cellphone emulators I don't use it so much these days (But it was a blast to play the GBA Castlevanias back then, especially Aria of Sorrow. Fun times).
Hear ya being a Sega child. My favorite system of all time is the Dreamcast.

Ayen

Resident Critic
I own the following:
Nintendo 64
Nintendo GameCube
PlayStatoin 2
PlayStatoin 3
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
Nintendo DS
Nintendo 3DS
Xbox 360

And while I didn't own it I was also able to play the NES and Sega Genesis consoles because my older brother owned them. Good times.

I don't have a primary console for the current gen yet, unless you count the PC.

Top Bottom