• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Rain611

You can't kill me.
D4 plays a lot like Path of Exile. The beta did anyway. My husband and I pre-ordered the game so we will have early access to it, so we'll see if the game has any changes compared to the betas.

Ikawaru

I did like PoE but not enough to finish it. Hopefully D4 can round off the edges of what I didn't like of PoE.

My favorite game in that genre is easily 'Grim Dawn', easily one of the most highly addictive games I've played!

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Well, it finally happened... Metal Gear Solid 3 IS getting a remake.

And what they did show looked absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, what they showed... wasn't much. Add in the fact that it's gonna be internally-developed by Konami with their track record as of late and I have reason to worry.

It appears Konami are trying to win back good will of the fans like Capcom has in the past 5-6 years and the Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 remakes would really go a long way towards that if they're any good, but then again, I'm instantly reminded of what they did with Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and retain heavy skepticism.

Frag Maniac

And what they did show looked absolutely amazing. Unfortunately, what they showed... wasn't much. Add in the fact that it's gonna be internally-developed by Konami with their track record as of late and I have reason to worry.

It appears Konami are trying to win back good will of the fans like Capcom has in the past 5-6 years and the Silent Hill 2 and MGS3 remakes would really go a long way towards that if they're any good, but then again, I'm instantly reminded of what they did with Contra: Rogue Corps and Metal Gear Survive and retain heavy skepticism.

Yeah I saw that a couple days ago, nice trailer. (y)

Ikawaru

The new 'Alone in the Dark' prologue is out, and it actually looks pretty promising! I really dig the aesthetics and the classic survival horror atmosphere. There's no combat in the demo unfortunately, which may be worrisome, and I'm afraid the game could be a bit on the short side, but what is there certainly looks decent!

Will see how reviews hold up once it releases, if the length of the game and the combat is largely criticized, then I will wait until it comes on sale before I try it out. I really hope this one doesn't fail and there's no reason for it to do so if they just keep this game at a reasonable length and make the combat not suck :]

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld

The trailer was very underwhelming. As you mentioned it was super short, and a missed opportunity to play more of the song in my opinion. (I was waiting for the drop but it never came. :cry:)

I want to be excited as Snake Eater is my favorite MGS, but I'm very skeptical regarding Konami at this point. After their handling, or lack of handling, of Castlevania I don't have super high hopes for Snake Eater. Especially given that we were shown so very little.

I hope it turns out wonderfully, despite the fact that I do not own a PS5 and have no plans of purchasing one at this time, but Konami doesn't fill me with confidence.

Frag Maniac

The trailer was very underwhelming. As you mentioned it was super short, and a missed opportunity to play more of the song in my opinion. (I was waiting for the drop but it never came. :cry:)

I want to be excited as Snake Eater is my favorite MGS, but I'm very skeptical regarding Konami at this point. After their handling, or lack of handling, of Castlevania I don't have super high hopes for Snake Eater. Especially given that we were shown so very little.

I hope it turns out wonderfully, despite the fact that I do not own a PS5 and have no plans of purchasing one at this time, but Konami doesn't fill me with confidence.

Clearly it's more an announcement than a full game trailer. I wouldn't be surprised if they have more to show on down the road when the time is right.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
@Frag Maniac I understand that it's not a full trailer, but you'll forgive me if I don't understand the hype behind what we were given. Yes, MGS3 is being remade. Yay! But Konami hasn't really had the best track record with anything other than pachinko machines in forever.

I'm sorry that I'm not stoked at them throwing their fans a half-hearted bone that primarily follows the food chain before you get a two second look at Snake and get an even smaller clip of the song that cuts before it really even gets going. If they don't screw it up, great but at this point they're going to have to prove to me that it's good; I'm not just going to assume the best.

Frag Maniac

Yes, MGS3 is being remade. Yay!

And that's the only message really being conveyed with this trailer. Other than that, it's pure speculation and choice as to whether those viewing it are hopeful, or skeptical.

I know a TON of games that come to PC these days are releasing in horrible condition, but I still can't help but be hopeful it will at least be as well done as MGSV was.

The only thing I worry a bit about is whether it will have a lot of hand to hand boss fights, which IMO Konami does a bit too twitchy and arcade looking. I don't mind a good melee fight, I'd just rather see that part of it be more of a remake than remaster.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I don't really like placing bets on Capcom, Konami, and Squeenix because they're just too damn BIG so I feel like I'm getting cheated even harder if they don't deliver.

Really? You're still gonna doubt Capcom fresh off of having their most profitable year ever and putting out AAA hit after AAA hit (Monster Hunter World and Rise, DMC5, REmakes 2 and 4, and now SF6 is getting rave reviews) the past few years? I think they've earned the benefit of the doubt with their latest track record, Capgod is back and I couldn't be happier. They've had the EA of Japan moniker during most of gen 7 and a good chunk of 8 and apparently only had $100m in the coffer at one point, it's amazing how much they've turned thing around. I just wish they didn't cancel the Dino Crisis remake they were supposedly working on, which they kinda made up for that with Exoprimal. It's basically if Dino Crisis and Anthem had a baby and it looks pretty cool.

Konami? It looks like they're trying to stage a comeback with the MGS3 and Silent Hill 2 remakes and 2 other new SH games, but do you really trust them with their recent track record? Metal Gear Survive and Contra: Rogue Corps were hot garbage and Super Bomberman R was amazingly mediocre when it should've been a surefie hit. And of course they've had their share of shady microtransactions, selling save slots and other shenanigans which I still haven't forgiven them for. Maybe these and other remakes (Metal Gear 1 and 2, let's gooooo) will change my mind, but I'll always have my doubts until they give me reason not to doubt them, anymore. Show me, Konami.

They've got a ways to go to winning back their fans, but at least they're trying as opposed to locking everything behind Pachinkos and celebrating Castlevania's 35th anniversary with NFTs. That's a start at least.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

I'd have more faith in Konami if they hadn't kicked Kojima to the curb and treated him like garbage banning him from the award show. Then again, Death Stranding was shockingly bad in my eyes. Even though we're just talking a remake regarding MGS3, I don't have a lot of hope that the remade parts will be anything as inspiring as Kojima did with the series, but of course I'd be delighted if they end up proving me wrong.

Ikawaru

Confirmed! Can't wait to try this out, hopefully they've learned to code better and ironed out all of the issues that plagued '3' and this could be straight up survival horror opium.

But wait, there's more! Apparently they are also coming out with 'Ebola Village'. Normally I'm not a fan of knock-offs but something tells me I could make one Hell of an exception with this one! Take the premise of 'Village' and actually make it a real survival horror game and add some better thematics and consider myself sold.

I guess sometimes you have to leave it to the Indie scene to "correct" something that shows promise but needs some refining.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I'm glad it doesn't look to be a retread of Vice City's very Scarface '83 depiction of Miami, and we're seeing some more of the redneck and ghetto sh!t you know goes on down there because of the Florida Man phenomenon.

SaddlerFan

I'm curious as to see what R* is going to do with GTA VI. I really hope it won't be a repeat of what happened to GTA V, what with all the single playder DLCs either getting scrapped or turned into content for the multiplayer mode. I mean we all know a GTA VI multiplayer mode will be there, given how much money GTA V's multiplayer mode has made them, but still - maybe this time they'll give the single player version at least SOME attention. Can only hope, I guess.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I'm intrigued by the idea of having two criminal protagonists that share a romantic bond, not only is it a fresh thing in the GTA franchise but a concept that's been proven to work very well in storytelling all across the board. I'm looking at Bonnie and Clyde, Thelma & Louise, and True Romance for some great comparison. Of course with writer Dan Houser gone from Rockstar there's a slight worry that the story might not be on par with what the studio has put out before, but it's too early to tell and I don't wanna be "that guy". Even so, no matter how the story of the game turns out, one can at least always count on Rockstar delivering a masterful gaming experience. I mean the game looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL, and is bound to have me engaged for 1000+ hours.

Ikawaru

Dan Houser is what made a Rockstar game a Rockstar game so I don't see much hope for GTA VI. The games will continue to sell like hotcakes though either way unless they really screw it up big time, especially since this new generation of kids (gen Z) are a bunch of lunatics and probably even more thrilled with criminology in video games than our generation was.

II skipped GTA 5 because the shock value of these games wore off sometime around GTA 4, I did like RDR2 but not enough for a replay it so yeah, I will happily pass the torch to the youngsters with these games especially if it means playing them will stop them from robbing the grocery store I currently work for.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
This isn't a game that I've played personally but I've been watching a lot of Lethal Company videos and am loving the content.

It's such a simple game with a blend of humor, horror, and teamwork. I've mostly binged on Markiplier's uploads though there are clips and uploads from so many others that have me cracking up at the gameplay.

Frag Maniac

Are we just gonna ignore the big trailer drop for GTA6?

-Florida Woman Approved

I just hope the story, characters and dialog are written more maturely than GTA V. There's not much to go on by what they've said and shown so far, but I kind of get the feeling the two main characters shown here are more about desperation than living the high life that Michael starts out with in V. It seems to have a tone of them being more down to earth and valuing their bond with one another too. I'm sure they will eventually rise up to become a bit wealthy, as we see in all GTAs, but if the characters are written in such a way that they stay true to their roots and old friends, it won't matter. I also like the Tom Petty song used in this trailer, and hope it's a sign that the music in this one is better.

Last edited:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I hope Palworld creators did a lot of research on how to legally copy someone's work or Nintendo's legal team and the Pokemon Company are about to be in for a good time.

Top Bottom