• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you thinking? General Gaming Edition!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The new artwork for the next Tomb Raider game is exactly what we were all afraid of. Yup, they've finally decided to give Lara Croft the infamous "dude"-face.

tomb-raider-dev-reveals-lara-crofts-official-redesign_n3gq.1200.jpg

It really doesn't matter that she's wearing a more classic outfit either, since they've decided to make her stubby (possibly as a compromise to make up for her revealing more skin). So this is supposed to be a unification of reboot Lara and classic Lara? She looks like neither. Combined with the recent leaks and rumors about the next game focusing on Lara Croft teaching a group of young raiders about tomb raiding, this is starting to look like a trainwreck in the making. What a shame considering the recently released Tomb Raider I-III Remastered Trilogy was SUPERB. Alas, it was developed by another studio called Aspyr so that might explain why they respected the character and history of the games. Crystal Dynamics on the other hand seem to be all about deconstruction and disrespect.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Honestly, if they’re going for more realism and still trying to stay true to the source material, then I think they nailed it. That OG pic really ain’t doing favors to the argument here.

Last edited:

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member

The general gaming section is turning into Silent Hill, but I watched this video analysis of Silent Hill 3 and just loved it. This girl tackles my feelings for this installment and for Heather’s character beautifully.

Ikawaru

Well this is cool, not sure how many posters on here would be interested, but I'd personally jump at an opportunity to try one of the most visceral, atmospheric survival horror games ever created, and totally refined to function on consoles.

Unfortunately there are no women on the games so some people might find it a little too hyper masculine (that's how it is in Eastern Europe, sadly), but if survival horror is your bag and you haven't played it, it certainly gets (most) everything else right, that's for sure. Its based on hard science fiction (or, "science gone wrong" could be a more apt term) , not occultism or spirituality so it's technically closer to 'Resident Evil' than 'Silent Hill', even though it feels like a totally different beast gameplay wise. It does have some psychological horror elements though, which some SH fans could find appealing.

Cons: Lack of women could be disparaging for some people, restricted to 1st person, lacks RE/SH style puzzle solving which would have been a nice addition.

Pros: Everything else!

@bSTAR_182 , although SH4 was ported to PC and and is available on GOG (which I am finishing up as we speak), none of the other games were ported or remastered for newer systems, which gives me a little hope that remakes for those games are on the drawing board, but of course that probably all depends on how well SH2R does commercially.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
Currently playing OG FF7 since I haven't gone to the PS5 Generation yet. It's nice to be able to play a classic game and have a speed up button to get through the grindy battle parts.

Also, SUPER addicted to Hades. The only issue I am having is that my daughter just turned 5 months old and is sleeping in a bassinet in my bedroom where I am playing Hades, so I cannot play after 8:30 PM, her bedtime. In small sections, the game is fun!

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
According to recent reports resident evil 9 will most likely be an open world game
I certainly hope not, but it depends on the scale of the "world".

Semi-open world à la the original RE3? Hell yes. Large empty open world with filler missions? Nope.

Top Bottom