• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What are you cooking?

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Let's revamp this thread again, I missed seeing you guys cook.

Here's something I tried out last weekend with a friend that was easy to make but turned out great: panko fried chicken with roasted veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, beetroots, parsnips) together with an aioli sauce. There's also some garlic and leaf spinach for extra taste.

recipe1.png

Rain611

You can't kill me.
Let's revamp this thread again, I missed seeing you guys cook.

Here's something I tried out last weekend with a friend that was easy to make but turned out great: panko fried chicken with roasted veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, beetroots, parsnips) together with an aioli sauce. There's also some garlic and leaf spinach for extra taste.

recipe1.png
This looks lovely, I'm sure it tasted great.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Since moving in with my significant other seven months ago, I've been working on perfecting my cooking skills and whipping up some "quick" dishes.

Not many pictures to share of some of the meals I have done (the presentation is still in the works lol), but made some bomb-ass Adobo/Italian/garlic/onion chicken with artichokes the other night with a side of alfredo and veggie-based pasta. No pics to share on that though.

But I did whip up a quick and easy Bruschetta/Caprese salad and had to get a pic. :p

lz1H2k3.jpg

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Oh man, I love bruschettas, they are the perfect brunch appetizer and you simply can't go wrong with them. Looking tasty!

Ikawaru

Breakfast: Kefir (plain), nonfat Greek yogurt (plain), whole grain shredded wheat (non frosted), wild blueberries, walnuts (chopped), 1 (one) pasture raised egg (raw), 1 (one) supplement pill of curcumin.

All stirred into a bowl and eaten with a spoon. Eaten twice a day.

Dinner: Whole tomatoes (canned), extra virgin olive oil, iodized salt, whole grain thin spaghetti, walnuts (chopped), spinach (raw, a couple handfuls), broccoli (raw, one handful), onion (raw, cut in half and then chopped up), cauliflower (one handful), 2 (two) eggs (hard boiled), 2 (two) supplement pills of curcumin.

COOKED IN MICROWAVE NO STOVE NECESSARY

First cook eggs, place 2 (two) pasture raised eggs in microwave safe bowl, fill with cold water about 1/2 inch above eggs, pour in some iodized salt and cook for about 10 (ten) minutes on high heat. Let cool, remove shelling, and set aside.

Take a microwave safe bowl and pour enough extra virgin olive oil to cover the whole bottom about 1/8 inch high, put in a few shakes of iodized salt, take a small handful of spaghetti and crush it up down the line about 4 times, put in another few shakes of iodized salt, pour whole tomatoes on top of spaghetti and press down on tomatoes gently with a fork to get the juices out, cook for 44 (fourty-four) minutes on medium heat (with a 1100 watt microwave of course), once done, let sit for a few minutes and then put in spinach, mix it up, then add onion, cauliflower, broccoli, eggs and stir them all in. Place chopped walnuts on top. Enjoy!

For desserts or when I want a snack: 1 (one) square piece of 85% dark chocolate, 3-4 times a day usually.

No picture necessary, use your imagination. Not the greatest diet in the world by any stretch of the imagination but it is what I eat every. Single. Day.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

Last night I cooked one of my fave meals that's also quick to do. I buy 2 Lb bags of Argentine Red Shrimp. This is a flash frozen product, but they're easy to thaw quickly by trickling cold tap water over them. Normally they are sized in the 16-20 count per lb category, but this time they had 8-12 count ones. I only had to use four of them vs my usual 6 to make a serving, as they weigh about 2 oz per shrimp with shell. They come with EZ Peel shells, so are pre split and deveined. At most you occasionally have to wipe a small chunk of vein out at times with your fingertip, which is easy while peeling.

I get a serving of jasmine rice started in my rice cooker, peel the shrimp, then when the starch starts bubbling on the rice I start getting a dab of olive oil hot in my small sauté pan. Once the oil barely starts smoking I dump in 4 oz of frozen stir fry veggies. Once all sides are coated in the oil and they look slightly browned a bit, I drop the temp and add a bit of sweet chili sauce, stir, and let simmer while the rice finishes cooking. When the rice starts crackling a bit I take the pot out of the cooker, put it on my silicone hotpad, which doubles as a trivet, then tuck a tea towel over it and put my stainless Dutch oven pot over it inverted to keep it warm.

By now I've lowered the veggies to the lowest temp (in between Off and Warm), and have put heat to my large stainless fry pan with a good sized dab of olive oil. While it's warming up I season the peeled shrimp with granulated garlic and Italian seasoning. When the oil just barely starts smoking I put all the shrimp in seasoned side down in the outer edge of the pan, then quickly dump the rinsed and drained shells in the center, and season the other side of the shrimp. I cook them for 2 min, then flip and cook the other side the same. As soon as I plate the shrimp I take the hot pan off the heat and put a small dab of olive oil in the center, then quickly spritz the outer edge of the pan with a small lemon oil squeeze bottle.

The lemon oil quickly softens the browned bits in the pan from cooking the shrimp, which makes it easy to take a spoon and deglaze the pan, creating a nice fond that has a lot of the red shrimp color and flavor from the shells. I then spoon this evenly onto each shrimp. I then take the Dutch oven and towel off the rice pot, and scrape it onto the other side of the plate with my rice paddle to about a 6" circle, put a small dab of hoisin sauce in the center, and spread it to about a 3" circle. I then fold the outer edge of rice over onto the hoisin, and smash it out to 6" again to make a rice/hoisin sandwich. I then dump the stir fry veggies onto the rice and spread them evenly over it.

With this dish I normally have red grapes or a wedge of cantaloupe, but when our red cherries are in season here (like now) and priced well, I make a small single serving fruit salad out of diced cantaloupe and pit and halve about 8 cherries to top it off. The nice thing about this dish is it can be done in well under 30 min, and doesn't require anything to be thawed overnight from the day before. The cleanup is also relatively quick and easy.

Last edited:

Ikawaru

The Ultimate Breakfast Concoction

Take 1 (one) bottle of kefir (plain, 4 cups) pour it in a gallon jug, mix in 1 (one) chopped banana, 1 (one) cup of raspberries, 1 (one) avocado (very messy process but very worth it!). Take a handful of almonds and one spoonful of organic kelp powder* and pour them in as well. Optional: a handful of crushed shredded wheat.

Shake the Hell out of it and you're good to go. Take 1 (one) acetyl-l-carnitine supplement for extra mitochondrion energy boosts.

You really want an energy rush in the morning w/o aid from Umbrella Pharmaceuticals?? I dare you to give this a shot! :D

*Go easy with Kelp Powder! The iodine content in that is intense and too much can actually trigger an auto immune response where your immune system attacks your thyroid and shuts it down, which leads to nasty hashimoto's disease, or hypothyroidism. If you want to be safe, eat a brazil nut beforehand which is absolutely loaded with selenium, which helps your thyroid function better.

Top Bottom