• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ?

THATsumthin_TTV

I am stuck on top of the parking garage at the beginning of the game where Jill drives the car into Nemesis. I've tried over 30 times and he always kills me before being pushed off. There's literally nothing for me to do besides hold the gas pedal down and it never works. Any helps would be greatly appreciated.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
From what I remember (This is PS4 controls) - you have to press X three times to get the car started. Then hold R2 to accelerate in to Nemesis. Then, when he stops the car, you have to hold R2 again.

If that isn't working, there may be a glitch in your system.

THATsumthin_TTV

Right, its very straightforward but the R2 gas pedal circle NEVER finishes. It always gets about 80% done and he kills me. I've noticed other people's videos the circle seems to go a bit faster and I'm not sure why. Tried holding R2 the whole time once the car starts, tried starting R2 a second time once she hits Nemesis, tried spamming R2, nothing different each time.

D

Deleted member 21244

Right, its very straightforward but the R2 gas pedal circle NEVER finishes. It always gets about 80% done and he kills me. I've noticed other people's videos the circle seems to go a bit faster and I'm not sure why. Tried holding R2 the whole time once the car starts, tried starting R2 a second time once she hits Nemesis, tried spamming R2, nothing different each time.
Definitely a bug or else, you just need to hold R2... You can even hold it before it happear, like i do

THATsumthin_TTV

Thanks for the advice guys, just making sure Im not the crazy one here lol. Still the same thing every time, I will contact them and see if they can help out a lifelong fan. I dont WANT to finish this game, I NEED to haha

pedaltothemetal

I had this same problem where the bar would only ever fill to about 80% before dying.

My refresh rate was 144 and framerate was set to variable. I was able to get past the bug by setting my refresh rate to 60 and my framerate to 30. The timing was still pretty tight, but it fixed the problem.

RipvanX

Hopefully incidents like this will send a message to the devs to stop with QTE nonsense. Only a handful of games implemented them successfully where they were in perfect harmony with the gameplay. RE4/5 and KH2 did it right. A QTE where we hold a button is pure nonsense. It sounds like you would have an issue with a later QTE where you have to hold a joystick up as well.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
The Stick of Truth had some trolly QTEs. The one during the alien abduction was such a difficulty spike I had to have my husband do it for me. He's the best button masher I know lol. But yea. I don't really like QTEs in games, I don't really see the point. Especially on something as trivial as starting a car. It serves its purpose better during things like the RE4 knife fight.

RipvanX

That’s what makes me a bit worried of a potential RE4 remake. They should keep those iconic moments in the game with Ada and Krauser. Completely reimagining it to the point it’s unrecognizable like RE:3 would really **** off even more people. QTE’s have a purpose but like anything else, too much can be a bad thing.

Maybe this will be fixed when the previous RE Engine games get ported to PS5/Series X.

shortround

Old thread, but are y'all playing on 144hz monitors? Apparently some of the QTEs in RE4 got way harder on PC at 60fps. Maybe it has something to do with the framerate like that

Top Bottom