• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Was Rebecca named after the Cheers sitcom?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Something came to mind at work earlier. The show Cheers had two lead women who more or less were involved with Sam, Diane Chambers and Rebecca Howe. I realized Rebecca from Resident Evil shares the first name from one of those women and the last name from the other. **(insert the now absent laughing smiley here)** I know it's more than likely just a coincidence, but I couldn't help but think someone from the Resident Evil team watched Cheers. :p

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Actually it may very well not be a coincidence...televison shows, video games, and movies do stuff like that all the time...for example if youve seen the show "Supernatural" then you know the character Bobby Singer...well hes named after one of the executive producers Robert Singer...Bob being short for Robert as most people know...

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Oh I get what ur saying I don't think its a coincidence. Kinda like how Isaac Clarke from Dead Space was named after Isaac Asimov and Authur C. Clarke?

Top Bottom