• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Was Capcom ripping off Gears of War?

Caffeine Addict

Ages ago, I came across a video where they showed characters using a slide in a children's play area in both games. This was to prove that Capcom may have copied Microsoft.

I believe the idea of you being in a war riddled environment is the same too. The gameplay is very similar, and there's soldiers that aid you in combat. The NPC ones, plus in the co-op mode.

In addition to this, if you look at the largest Locust, they actually look like the ogre things that pursue you in RE6, during Chris Redfield's scenario.

But I mean, Capcom has copied games before. Even The Last of Us is a lot like Resident Evil: Revelations 2. The fight with the Vulcanblubber in the hut on the beach is exactly like when you meet a Bloater for the first time. It even attacks you in an identical manner. It launches fire, though, and Stalker type enemies will try to ambush you.

Ikawaru

I think the term "Ripping off *X game*" seems kinda pointless because everyone rips off everyone to some degree, especially a huge corporation trying to sell millions of copies of games. There's gonna be some degree of rip-offs from everyone. Games generally sucked from 2005-2019 (imo) so the 'rip offs' that occurred during that time period were bad ones, naturally.

Top Bottom