• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Want to play your old RE discs but your PS is broken? Read this!

Mr Sunshine

Probably most of you already know but there are some freeware programs in the net called emulators. You can easily download one(prefferably ePSXe 1.7), adjust the settings, insert your disks and play your favorite playstation games on your PC! The are a lot of forums which can help you with the installation issue! If you haven't done it yet just try it! I have replayed RE 1,2 and 3 this way!

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
wow thanks for this "news", its not like this has been discussed a tonne of times on this site

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Don't be a dick, man. He just wanted to share some info.

I just want to add for those of you who want to do this in a legal fashion: Provided you own a PS1/PSX console and a copy of the game you want to emulate, then emulation is perfectly legal (as far as I'm aware that is).

Sexta_PT

i play all the old RE's in emulators because i dont have the consoles but i have the original game.

Sexta_PT

i just downloaded the emulator, not the games.

but what is illegal besides the downloading of the game, is to download the console bios(which dont come with the emulator) withouth having bought the real console.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Excuse me for asking a stupid question, but why would anyone download the console BIOS to run the game on a PC?

Mr Sunshine

Excuse me for asking a stupid question, but why would anyone download the console BIOS to run the game on a PC?

The console BIOS along with some plug-ins is needed for the emulator to run properly. You run a PS game on a PC because your 15 year old playstation works better for frying eggs than playing games.

Top Bottom