• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

(Versus series) Resident Evil(1996) Vs Resident Evil 3:Nemesis(1999)

Which game takes round one?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wesker90

Inviting anyone to give their own stat comparison head to head in a standard which entry is simply put better between the two?

Pros and cons, Analysis or just anything to summarize which title is superior.

images

Vs
images

If it hopefully gets enough traction I'll continue on to the next round and perhaps even start a bracket tourney

RipvanX

RE3 controls the best out of the classic games and has the most replayability with its live selection choices and ammo crafting system. The dodge is a bit hard to master but once done it opens up more strategies in the game. RE1 OG feels barebones and more stiff in comparison.

Once you know the plot twists of RE1 there is really not much takeaway from the game. There is very little interaction between Jill and Chris compared to Jill and Carlos. RE3 did a better job portraying Jill’s struggles through a zombie infested environment and this is only amplified by the Nemesis. RE1 OG has no stalker like enemies.

My vote is RE3.

Ikawaru

My opinion is probably biased because of nostalgia but nothing beats the atmosphere, sense of mystery, and the cheesy character charm RE1 had, I doubt anything could recapture it.

I beat 'Nemesis' dozens of times just like the next fan and love almost everything about it from the crafting to the replayability, to the UBCS but at the end of the day it is another entry of the series that started with RE1, therefore is an extension to it.

Turo602

The King of Kings
Appreciate the tag, but I'll be honest, I love this concept of thread but I just don't have much to say about these particular games. I never played the original Resident Evil, just the DS port and the REmake, which have both been credited as superior versions of the original and I have no real nostalgia for RE3 as I've only ever played it once like 13 years ago. I guess I'd give the edge to RE3 as it's a much more niche experience amongst the others and is still quite a unique game even after its remake. Resident Evil 1 on the other hand just doesn't interest me after REmake and Deadly Silence.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Not a fan of forced discussion, but this forum is pretty low on interesting topics nowadays so I might as well drop of a few.

The main issue I have with this comparison is that I don't consider it fair to compare sequels to the original - whatever the series. The first game in any series will always be somewhat experimental which makes for an unjust comparison to later games. You might as well have made a thread called "Resident Evil 1996 vs Resident Evil 2" which would be just as problematic. Comparing the original RE2 with RE3 however would be a more interesting discussion, but I think we've done that before.

pa-pappys8675309

I started on 2 & 3 so I don't have any sentimental attachment to 1 as being my intro to the series, so I'll go with 3 over both of the others though the 2 disc version of 2 seemed longer. My reasoning for preferring 3 is as stated above the characters mobility like dodging and iirc you could re-aim to target different monsters in a group by tapping R1 or R2 repeatedly, and the viewpoint would change to slightly overhead in some situations which was very helpful in those old graphic interfaces. I want to hit the hunter who's about to leap, not the one next to him lol.

Top Bottom