• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 3 Remake Uptown map

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Even though the uptown area is included in this remake, its not that explorable and is basically rushed through as apart of an extended chase sequence with Nemesis. Not only that, but there's not even a map for this area in-game.

I decided to take matters into own hands and create a simple fan-made map for the uptown area. When you get this nice overview of it all, it feels strange that Capcom made the effort into designing such a large area that's not really part of the actual game. It also makes me feel disappointed that we were not able to backtrack into this area like in the original game.

Nevertheless, here's the map I made. Its not 100% to scale or accurate, and I also gave all the named locations a green color even though you cannot enter all.

Uptown-re3-remake.png

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love it. I SUPER wish we could see more locations in this game. Maybe there will be DLC that lets us explore even more locations?

Jonipoon

I love it. I SUPER wish we could see more locations in this game. Maybe there will be DLC that lets us explore even more locations?
Thanks. I think this area would be perfect for backtracking later, since Jill says "Alright, let me grab my..." in the intro before Nemesis smashes through the wall. In other words, there might be a reason for her to go back to her apartment to finally grab that "thing" whatever it is.

Another reason to go back would be because of Dario Rosso. His role was already small in the original, but in the remake he actually has less screentime! I remember reading some rumored leaks a few months ago that suggested we would be looking for Dario's daughter some time in the game, but it seems this was either false or Capcom decided to cut it out. In fact, in the remake Dario doesn't even mention that he has a daughter (sigh, more lost opportunities). I think it would be amazing if Jill found Dario's daughter, brought her back to the warehouse and then advised them to go to the subway. Not only would this extend the game and enable us to backtrack this amazing uptown area, it would also flesh out Dario's character and tie up his story instead of dismissing it completely.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I'd nominate you for a job at Capcom. How is your Japanese? haha.

But yeah - I'd love some more time just exploring and seeing the town. I'd love to do more in Jill's apartment. There are so many cute Easter Eggs in the beginning and we could really flush that out by seeing more of Jill's day to day life through the lens of the destroyed apartment building or her favorite clothing stores, grocery stores, etc. Sometimes it feels like Jill is a stranger in her own city because of her lack of familiarity with the area.

Although this is a new world and the comics are not canon, there is a comic that shows Dario with his family up until this point where his wife and daughter are killed by zombies because he was too much of a coward to help them. It's dark, but maybe he still believes they could have survived despite knowing the truth and have you look for them. Yikes.

Jonipoon

You should check out Sphere Hunter's new spoiler review for the game, she's got the best idea yet that would actually be the most realistic DLC that Capcom could actually pull off: A sort of "Jill's Nightmare" DLC that takes place entirely inside Jill's head while she is unconscious from being infected by Nemesis. In this nightmare sequence (which has the same grey color grading as the other nightmare sequences) Jill "wakes up" at the same spot beneath the Clock Tower, and then has to traverse up the Clock Tower after receiving a call from Carlos that there's a helicopter coming to get her. Then she has to solve a few puzzles while at the same time being chased by Nemesis in his original form. It would be super cool and be a great throwback while at the same time fleshing out Jill's PTSD even more, giving the Clock Tower its well-deserved respect, and adding one more stalking sequence with Nemesis in his original form. At the end of the nightmare sequence Jill reaches the top of the tower, but the helicopter with Carlos inside gets blown up by Nemesis, and then Nemesis throws Jill off the building -and as she is about to smash against the ground she wakes up in the hospital. Voila.

I forgot about that comic with Dario. I didn't read it but I remember reading about that on the RE wiki page. That's why its such a shame that he's still such a coward in this remake.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
@Jonipoon That is such an awesome idea! And since Jill fell unsconscious by the clock tower, it wouldn't be far-fetched at all for her to dream that she's there.

As for that "thing" she wanted to grab before Nemesis attacked, though, I think she was just referring to her pistol.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I ended up watching Sphere Hunter's Spoiler Review of RE3R. I love Suzi's calm, but effective tone. She could narrate a butterfly falling asleep and I'd still be intrigued. And honestly - I love this concept - but you have actually improved her idea since listening to it. She said that Jill should have this Nightmare while knocked out during the train crash. Which could work because she is from Raccoon - she would know she'd be there around the Clock Tower I suppose. But her T-virus fueled Nightmares are and even better spot to have her hallucinate.

Top Bottom