• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Umbrella Corps. Reveal Trailer

Fenris

Wolf :)
If you treat it like OP Raccoon City or the Chronicles games, it could turn out to be a fun "pastime." I just hope there is more to it, than just multiplayer matches... I just hope the style of the game will not adapt into the main series.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I don't think this and RE0HD are going to be the only things we see next year. I am still pretty certain we'll get a major RE, likely late in the year. Bear in mind, both this and RE0 are early year releases.

IntoxNitram

Honestly I think this makes a lot of sense on capcoms part. They have kept it enough away from the Resident Evil series to show that it isn't how they envision the future of RE, I genuinely believe they have learnt that survival horror is the main way forward for the main series after its recent successes. Its a spinoff, which means it's easy enough to build a market for this game without too much cost to them, but still can offer something that gamers of today want to keep everyone happy. I guess core RE fans will be unhappy, its not something that catches my interests either, but it's not meant to. That's why its a spin off.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
Honestly I think this makes a lot of sense on capcoms part. They have kept it enough away from the Resident Evil series to show that it isn't how they envision the future of RE, I genuinely believe they have learnt that survival horror is the main way forward for the main series after its recent successes. Its a spinoff, which means it's easy enough to build a market for this game without too much cost to them, but still can offer something that gamers of today want to keep everyone happy. I guess core RE fans will be unhappy, its not something that catches my interests either, but it's not meant to. That's why its a spin off.

Extremely well-put!

In YouTube comments all I'm seeing is complaints. It annoys me. If it doesn't interest you, don't buy it. You don't have to make annoying Youtube comments if you think it looks bad.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
I saw this yesterday and I literally brought it up on my phone and watched it before class..... seriously wtf? I was disappointed because it's Resident Evil, for the 20th anniversary to boot. Yet I am excited because it looks like it'll be a lot of fun and it beings a twist to the FPS genre. The PvPvE concept looks cool and hopefully the Zombies will react to the players aggressively unlike Titanfall where they feel purely cosmetic. Plus the icepick looks like A LOT of fun, as does the dodging mechanics. Even if it may be a QTE that is triggered when they characters get close.

With this being said I get a feeling from the trailer that the game may have originally been a different title that they converted to the RE universe for it's universe or because they felt it wouldn't sell as it's own IP. Or it was supposed to be a sequel to Operation Raccoon City. Which wouldn't make sense from Capcom's perspective.

The question I have that I don't see many people bringing up is the new Umbrella logo. It looks awesome but it also looks sleek as if it is "new". Rather this game is canon or not, I want to know where it fits in the timeline. I was originally thinking during the evens of RE2 and RE3 but it's hard to tell. Is the logo change purely cosmetic for the anniversary like many games do OR does is it a new logo as Umbrella has possibly been rebuilt?

Just some food for thought I had when I was thinking about the game. Either way one thing is for sure.... This game looks fun! Which is an important key point. It is a stupid concept that shouldn't be part of the Resident Evil franchise.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I do think a random non-canon game that seems to have no storyline whatsoever and seems to be only multiplayer is a weird way to celebrate the 20th anniversary to a series that has a long and powerful story and history. I don't understand why they're saying it's for the 20th anniversary when really, the Zero HD Remaster is the real celebration. It goes back to when the story began, with awesome modern updates.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I see a lot of people, not just here, seeing the 20th Anniversary logo and thinking Umbrella Corps is how they're celebrating it. But who says this and RE0HD are the ONLY things we'll see next year? Both are slated for first quarter releases, meaning there is still 75% of the year unaccounted for. I doubt very much that these two games are all we'll see next year.

Venomous Oddball

Also Known as Maddy
I see a lot of people, not just here, seeing the 20th Anniversary logo and thinking Umbrella Corps is how they're celebrating it. But who says this and RE0HD are the ONLY things we'll see next year? Both are slated for first quarter releases, meaning there is still 75% of the year unaccounted for. I doubt very much that these two games are all we'll see next year.

The thing is, they put "20th anniversary" in the Umbrella Corps trailer and not in the Zero one, which kind of makes it seem like this is the one that's meant to be the actual celebration, though I guess that doesn't actually mean anything.

IntoxNitram

The thing is, they put "20th anniversary" in the Umbrella Corps trailer and not in the Zero one, which kind of makes it seem like this is the one that's meant to be the actual celebration, though I guess that doesn't actually mean anything.
http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard20th/en/sp/
On their site they list it as an offiial part of the 20th anniversary. What is more interesting is the Resident Evil 2 remake and 'various other projects' in the works. I definitely think we will see more before the end of 2016.

ResidentDevil

RE Mania
http://www.capcom.co.jp/biohazard20th/en/sp/
On their site they list it as an offiial part of the 20th anniversary. What is more interesting is the Resident Evil 2 remake and 'various other projects' in the works. I definitely think we will see more before the end of 2016.
I hope that this is just a tip of iceberg for the 20th anniversary. I think this game might have difficulty maintaining the playerbase considering the fact that there were many instant negative reactions after the announcement.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I wanna know is there going to be any kind of campaign or single player mode ?? If this is an online only multiplayer game I wont waste a penny on it!!! I did like ORC ! That atleast had a story and campaign , I dont know what to think of this ?

Airaku

Stray Jedi
WOW! You guys are going to be disapointed in this. The animations look like ****... That's the nicest way to put it. I have never seen such phenomnal A.I. in my life. Resident Evil is a series that is known for it's A.I. and this game tops it as it's peak. *sarcasim* This guy bumps into the zombies and they completely ignore him.

It appears to me like Capcom put almost no effort into the game. I'm pretty confident that this a free to play game.

Check out dat gameplay tho!

Top Bottom