• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tomb Raider 2013

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
Alright I'm playing the game for quite a while now and everything is really nice but there is one thing I need to say:

the quick time events in this game are the worst I've ever seen in any kind of game so far! At the beginng the button you have to press is kinda diaphanous but seriously once you see the button and I press it immediately it shows that I failed. How am I supposed to know the right button if I can't see it?!

Yeah, the quick time events at the beginning were very annoying, but there seems to be a lot less of them further on in the game.

Genie

I'm loving the game so far [: But I agree that the button pressing during the quick time events is a bit frustrating :'D

Meg

So bin ich eben
I GOT THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION!!!! I picked it up today and am counting down the seconds until I can play it. :eek:

UPDATE: Best freaking game I've played in a long time. @.@

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
For the love of Odin, the ending is EPIC! :eek: Does anyone else think so?

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
For the love of Odin, the ending is EPIC! :eek: Does anyone else think so?

No idea, I've just started playing the game lol. But I'm liking it so far. Tbh tho I'm a bigger fan of the old TR games and this one feels a lot different from those.

Alright I'm playing the game for quite a while now and everything is really nice but there is one thing I need to say:

the quick time events in this game are the worst I've ever seen in any kind of game so far! At the beginng the button you have to press is kinda diaphanous but seriously once you see the button and I press it immediately it shows that I failed. How am I supposed to know the right button if I can't see it?!

Those quick time events are frustrating. I've already failed them repeatedly, I actually thought maybe I have to hold the button or keep pressing it. But no, you have to get the timing exactly right :mad:

Fenris

Wolf :)
Done with the game :) I have to say it's one hell of a game and I really enjoyed it.

The gameplay was awesome, the graphics were impressive (even for today standarts) the story was "okay" in my opinion (maybe there should have been some sidestory as well) But I have to say it didn't turned out as I thought it would.

I have to say Tomb Raider is really an awesome game and I would recommend it to everyone who likes adventure games!

SPOILER *** I enjoyed the part where Lara finally got her twin pistole and shoots Mathias straight to hell. And I actually tought, that Sam would somehow get possessed by her ancestors and tries to perfom the ritual because she believes it is her destiny and then she would betray Lara and the others and team up with the cult***

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
I rented the game yesterday and I stopped playing today out of boredom, it's an ok action/adventure game, but a terrible Tomb Raider game. There is nothing in this game that made me a Tomb Raider fan, nothing at all.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
i feared that Wesker so never got it. The things I liked about Tomb Raider where the ancient tombs and egyptian style ruins.I liked the ambience and the whole climbing around and avoiding wolfs and crocodiles. My favourite memories of tomb raider are the first cave in Tr1, Venice in Tr2 and the jungle of TR3. The new one looks a bit like Far Cry, action based shooter on an island setting. On the reviews i read they said the highlight of the game is actually after completing it, going back and completing small 'challenges' to find collectables that are more like the old Tr puzzles.
After surviving hours of gameplay on Dead Island, and then less on Far Cry 3 (over rated) i really couldnt stand yet another 'island' action game this soon.

Top Bottom