• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Thoughts on the music!

Noble Alfred

Honestly, I think the remake music is generic, boring and dull. I don't give rats ass if it is fitting if it's so generic.

I want great music not "fitting" boredom. When I switched over to the original tracks my enjoyment went way up.

Last edited:

Res_Veteran

I Work For Umbrella
personally I enjoyed the remake soundtrack I don't enjoy games with a soundtrack that is thrown right in your face from the get go and I didn't get that with the remake soundtrack,

I will admit it was highly enjoyable playing the game with the OG soundtrack it gave me the nostalgic feeling of being back in 1998 playing Resident Evil 2 just with far superior graphics and visuals,

Capcom knocked it out the park with the 2002 remake of the original Resident Evil and they have done the same with Resident Evil 2.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
It does't feel like "Resident Evil" which imo is a sin in itself. Some tracks are amazing as all hell, but they feel out of place in the game.

I.E Save Room theme.

It's actually a good song, but I dunno if I would ever associate music that soft with Resident Evil.

Rain611

You can't kill me.
To be honest I didn't even notice most of the music in the new soundtrack and ended up pretty quickly switching to the original. I thought about switching back on my next scenario just to see if I can hear it this time lol. I'm pretty good at tuning music out as I work at a grocery store so maybe when I go for a more relaxed play through I will hear it. Or not. I don't know.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I thought it was woven into the game seamlessly, and it works better when walking into new rooms compared to the original soundtrack. Nothing beats that classic Main Hall theme though, and I wish that they'd kept at least that one closer to the original. Kind of like the REmake from 2002 did an updated version of the old Save Room theme (real nice!!!).

The only thing I prefer in the new soundtrack is the Mr. X chase music. That is INTENSE, and suits the situation much, MUCH better!

Mr.R

I think the original soundtrack is pretty much imprinted on our brains by this point. It's hard to dissociate RE2 from it. Most of the time, the new soundtrack did nothing for me. I was neutral. There are some good tunes though. Mr.X chase music, like Jonipoon said. The Plant zombies tune is very, very tense in a dissonant way. It got me on my toes the first time. Also, the music on the last boss (with the opera vocals. I think it's the same for Leon and Claire) is pretty epic too.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I did my first two runs with the original soundtrack. Didn't mind it. Not too memorable but I could have gotten used to it had there not been an option for the original soundtrack. It works well in this new game nor would have I been upset if that was the only music in the game, but because the original soundtrack is also there, I see no reason to go back to the new soundtrack.

Top Bottom