• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Thoughts on Chris' "personal trauma"

bmh

One of the interesting plot tidbits that has been released to tease us poor unsuspecting RE fans is that Chris experienced some sort of personal trauma in Eastern Europe 6 months prior to the game. I'd like to shoot off a few thoughts on what it might be and invite others to do the same.

• His team was wiped out and he narrowly survived
  • Claire died
  • Jill died (again...)
  • Another major RE character?
Obviously I hope none of the characters we know and love have died, but it would add a tragic plot point to the story, one that would get the emotions of the fans going. Simply killing off his team, while it would give the character something to grieve about, really does nothing in terms of affecting the fans of the game. That's something the first few games did fairly well character development-wise; they got you invested in characters and then threw plot twists in that left you with a WTF just happened here. IE the betrayal of Wesker and Barry, Barry saving Jill, the whole Ada Wong thing, Brad Vickers death, Steve...etc.
Any other thoughts?

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
RE Damnation will come out before RE6 as a fill in the gaps thing for the fans like Degeneration did with RE5, maybe we'll get some answers there :)

I love both Claire and Jill so I hope they didnt die, but I'd rather have Jill dead than in a relationship with Chris.

maybe it was Barry, or maybe he ran into Jessica, everyone's forgotten about Jessica since we've seen that new girl thought to be Ada lol

bruno

Chief Researcher
The new RE6 trailer suggests the "B*tch" (Ada? Carla?) killed Chris' teammates while he and Piers were helplessly watching. I think that's all. I mean, this game was foccusing in casual players, who don't care about other characters or why Chris would be sad if they'd die.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm a fan of this...I like the new emotionally distraught Chris...Mainly because it gives him more dimensions, not that he was mearly a 2D character before...

bruno

Chief Researcher
I'm a fan of this...I like the new emotionally distraught Chris...Mainly because it gives him more dimensions, not that he was mearly a 2D character before...

I think Chris was always like that, except in RE1. In CV, he was worried about Claire and in RE5 and Revelations, about Jill.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I think Chris was always like that, except in RE1. In CV, he was worried about Claire and in RE5 and Revelations, about Jill.
I agree he was always like that...I think now he's letting it show more than he ever has though...

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Doesn't the new movie staring Leon take place during Europe during "War time"?

If so, I think its a very good possibility that the war that was mentioned to take place months before re6 may be the very same on in the movie and thus A LOT of questions could get answered. But If that is true the movie most likely will not be released until after RE6. maybe around november or december, that way it could tie up any loose ins RE6 may create and Capcom can make some extra money on the side...

bruno

Chief Researcher
Doesn't the new movie staring Leon take place during Europe during "War time"?

If so, I think its a very good possibility that the war that was mentioned to take place months before re6 may be the very same on in the movie and thus A LOT of questions could get answered. But If that is true the movie most likely will not be released until after RE6. maybe around november or december, that way it could tie up any loose ins RE6 may create and Capcom can make some extra money on the side...

Everything seems to indicate it's the same war. Even though Chris might be present (he could be the silhouette in the trailer), I don't think they'll add anything vital to RE6. Unless, possibly, the introduction of the J'avo BOW, which was said to be introduced in that war, and there's other BOW's (like Lickers) in Damnation
Damnation has been rumoured to be released near the end of the summer (late August/September). However, I don't know if this had been officially confimed or not.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hmm...I wonder...Does this mean Jake will possibly make a cameo in RE: Damnation...I mean..He WAS present during this war after all...Assuming it's the same war of course...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Do you guys think that Jill will get referenced in re6?

I'm sure she will...RE games always reference past characters...RE2 has DOZENS of them, even a hidden Rebecca reference, RE3 references Chris at one point if I remember correctly, RE:CVX references Leon, RE4 references the issue with Umbrella as a whole, RE: Damnation references Chris, and RE5 references Leon...So I'm sure they'll reference her in there somewhere...

Hey, did you guys loose the meaning of the word "reference" while reading this :p

theinternat

Queen Internet
I'm sure she will...RE games always reference past characters...RE2 has DOZENS of them, even a hidden Rebecca reference, RE3 references Chris at one point if I remember correctly, RE:CVX references Leon, RE4 references the issue with Umbrella as a whole, RE: Damnation references Chris, and RE5 references Leon...So I'm sure they'll reference her in there somewhere...

Hey, did you guys loose the meaning of the word "reference" while reading this :p

lol maybe you will search chris' desk and find a saucy picture of jill in a basketball outfit

Top Bottom