• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil Survivor (PS1) This game should be remade as DLC

RedfieldFan

Wouldn't it be cool if they remade RE: Survivor as a DLC or bonus campaign for the 3make?

The story short and simple (and could be reworked a bit).

They could give you the option to choose between 1st person or 3rd person.

As the story is considered canon, it could be a great inclusion for newer and older fans alike.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I love that idea. I actually love the original Survivor. It was a fun, arcadey experience. But I think it would definitely be too much work for them to remake the whole game as DLC.

If anything, they should just give us the original game, slightly updated as a bonus when you beat the Mercs or whatever.

D

Deleted member 21244

It could be to much for just a dlc just like UniqTeas say, they should do a whole new game but I don't know how much survivor could be entertaining...

also I don't personally want a remake of survivor or other game in the series, I don't want a ****ing remake for every resident evil game that was released but just for the 3 game that really need a remake, resident evil 2 3 and code veronica x, since 2 has been remade and 3 its just 3 month to be released, the only left is code veronica, remaking the other game is just useless...

RedfieldFan

It could be to much for just a dlc just like UniqTeas say, they should do a whole new game but I don't know how much survivor could be entertaining...

also I don't personally want a remake of survivor or other game in the series, I don't want a ****ing remake for every resident evil game that was released but just for the 3 game that really need a remake, resident evil 2 3 and code veronica x, since 2 has been remade and 3 its just 3 month to be released, the only left is code veronica, remaking the other game is just useless...
Imo a remade RE: Survivor would be a lot better than something like the non-canon Ghost Survivors scenarios. I might be to big for DLC but not as an unlockable like 'Separate Ways' or 'Lost in Nightmares'.

I agree that Code Veronica should be the final game to be remade. Hopefully we'll get that remake some time in the next few years, maybe for PS5.
0, 4, 5, 6, Rev and Rev2 are all fine as they are and don't need remakes imo.

Normally I wouldn't suggest that spinoff games like Survivor should be remade, but being as short as it is, it might as well be. As said, it would certainly be more interesting that the Ghost Survivors.

D

Deleted member 21244

Imo a remade RE: Survivor would be a lot better than something like the non-canon Ghost Survivors scenarios. I might be to big for DLC but not as an unlockable like 'Separate Ways' or 'Lost in Nightmares'.

I agree that Code Veronica should be the final game to be remade. Hopefully we'll get that remake some time in the next few years, maybe for PS5.
0, 4, 5, 6, Rev and Rev2 are all fine as they are and don't need remakes imo.

Normally I wouldn't suggest that spinoff games like Survivor should be remade, but being as short as it is, it might as well be. As said, it would certainly be more interesting that the Ghost Survivors.
Survivor is to much for a dlc, ghost survivor was free and required zero work by Capcom since used resident evil 2 asset and model, and I appreciate the fact that it was free at least and provide some extra content to re 2... Remaking survivor should require a full work by Capcom since it's an entire game and they had to remake the story as well, while ghost survivor didn't require much effort

Ark2000

I'm also a big fan of RE Survivor, it was always one of the RE games i'd play a lot back in the day. Of course it's not as good as some of the others from those years, but i don't think Survivor deserved the bad reputation it has, amongst some people at least. And IMO, it has pretty good soundtrack. I think it would have worked as DLC, but yeah, it is too big for something like that, specially if the DLC would have you going through all twenty or so locations.

Top Bottom