• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 This game isn't bad all.

I think it's a great game, and a great RE game. Sure, it's not survival horror, but I think RE is changing for the good. I'm not the only one that thinks this, right?

Dr. O-T

Master Blaster Dr. O
Totes, good game indeed though not too friendly to the nostalgi-gamers who want survival horror, but who cares Resident Evil is Resident Evil even without it.

Mr.Burton

REN's #1 Barry fan
It is good that the series is going in a new direction, if it didnt the series would not have got as popular as it did. I would however like to see a return to the roots, atleast with one more title... then they can do what they want.

Revelations is coming to consoles soon. I played it on the 3DS and it is a great mix of action and survival horror. I'll get it again cause it was so good.

weskerondope

for some reason i think revelations is the worst resident evil game (of the main series)
it tries to be old school but fails very hard, but of course being such a fanboy i did have a little fun playing it
and i might give it one more chance on xbox 360 too

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I haven't played it yet because the PC version only comes out next week, but from what I've seen so far, it doesn't look any worse than RE5, which I liked a lot. I'm also one of the few people who actually enjoy Operation Raccoon City, so I guess there's no way RE6 can disappoint me (not any more than it already has thanks to its idiotic story, that is). The music in Mercenaries sucks, though.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
I agree with Wesker. Revelations is dissapointing. Ive not even bothered to fully complete it having owned it 6 months. I agree it trys to be old school and fails. I also feel raid is way inferior to mercenaries. and the enemies look awful. Javos and zombies are way better than those naked mummified things.

Albert

Tʜᴇ Gᴏᴅ
Premium
I agree with Wesker. Revelations is dissapointing. Ive not even bothered to fully complete it having owned it 6 months. I agree it trys to be old school and fails. I also feel raid is way inferior to mercenaries. and the enemies look awful. Javos and zombies are way better than those naked mummified things.
It would seem like the reviewers always get everything upside down, eh? lolz

ToCool74

Veteran Member
I actually loved Revelations.

Great gameplay
Great atmosphere
Great Unlockables
Great blend of Survival horror and action (something RE6 failed at doing in my opinion).

The ONLY thing I had against it was the lack of variety in enemies.

And as far as the topic goes, RE6 is a good game, but far from being considered a "change for the good" for the Resident Evil series in my opinion.

The main focus should never be action or horror.

Survival horror should always been the main focus, after all, this is what the series was built on.

But I agree with the series needing to evolve, but not at the cost of its identity.

hell, Capcom themselves even seem to be realizing this and have even said they are considering going back to the series "horror roots" with RE7.

If the series was actually changing for the good than it would have sold over Capcom's expectations (which it did not) and Capcom would not be reconsidering their approach.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
Revelations is everything an evolving Resident Evil is supposed to be, yeah it would have been nice to have more enemies but I was fine with those creepy Oozes, but it was a perfect modern RE game.

For RE7 they need to have that perfect blend of action and horror, if they go full action, it'll be the crappy RE6 all over again, if they go too much into horror alone, it will still fail, it needs that perfect balance of action and horror.

What I think should be done is do what happened with RE4 as well, when you played RE1 for the first time, you didn't know what was going on and it added that tension and mystery, then when you played RE4 for the first time, you went into it expecting to fight zombies again, but instead you had something else, there was these mind controlled people and you didn't know what was happening, adding the tension and mystery again as you progressed. Revelations had a little of that but I would love for that to happen again big time in RE7, I don't want another generic action game from Resident Evil.

MissDomino

Premium
RE6 is downright fun. Even better playing with good friends.
The story isn't perfect, but every game has it's flaws. I'm going to be honest, RE5 and 6 are my two most played Resident Evil games, even though neither is exactly my favourite. Games that are more focused on the story, like the older RE games, I need a long break before I can play it again. This is so I can forget what happens and it makes the game feel fresh again.

Revelations was definitely very enjoyable, but again, it's one of those games that I need at least a year or so to be able to play it again, so I can forget the story, forget the layout of the map and be surprised again. Otherwise it'll feel like a chore rather than a mystery.

I would love to see Resident Evil return to it's roots, but I enjoy what we have now as well. No doubt about it.

Leo33322

Whoever Ada Wong works for
Of course you're not alone. Re is a bad ass series with bad ass characters ans my favorite character of all time is Ada :) re is a wonderful game with great story lines.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Of course you're not alone. Re is a bad ass series with bad ass characters ans my favorite character of all time is Ada :) re is a wonderful game with great story lines.

uh, I don't think he is referring to the Resident Evil series itself, but just Resident Evil 6.

Judging by your post, you seem to be under the impression that he means the whole series.

Leo33322

ToCool74 said:
uh, I don't think he is referring to the Resident Evil series itself, but just Resident Evil 6.

Judging by your post, you seem to be under the impression that he means the whole series.
So?... RE6 is in the RE series

ToCool74

Veteran Member
So?... RE6 is in the RE series

....your obviously missing the point here.

So let me elaborate on it further,

You where commenting on how good the Resident Evil series is.

The guy is specifically asking for people's thoughts on whether or not they think the Resident Evil 6 game is good, not if they think the Resident Evil series itself is good.

So your post really did not answer his question.

I only pointed it out just in case you misunderstood him possibly.

Leo33322

Apparently I'm an antagonist for defending my statement over someone declining it. Someone who called me a child has told on me. When you correct someone you should word yourself wisely instead of saying you're wrong multiple times otherwise you're obviously going to get the person mad.
Calling someone who is not new to the forums "new" is insulting, I could report you....
Sorry ;)
It would also be nice for an apology back, then I will edit this txt further.

ToCool74

Veteran Member
You're obviously stupid. No **** he said the RE6 game. Did my post dramatically impact your life so that you had to reply twice to make a fail pathetic attempt at correcting something already flawless? I'm clearly taking my opinion further and mentioning I'm a fan of the entire re series (INCLUDING RE6 in case you are too stupid to realize it's in there); therefore I AM answering his question by saying the game is awesome and you're a complete idiot. Don't say another word you make yourself look bad lol....

*Sigh* new members these days.

They seem to just neglect to read the freaken rules.

I was just trying to help you out since I thought you may have misunderstood since you didn't mention or refer to RE6 in your post.

You only went on about how great the whole series is.

You could have explained "without insults" your point of view like you just did but you decided to be immature jerk and throw insults into it.

REPORTED.

And by the way, the only one looking bad here is the guy who needs to childishly insult other members in order to get his point across.;)

You're obviously stupid. No **** he said the RE6 game. Did my post dramatically impact your life so that you had to reply twice to make a fail pathetic attempt at correcting something already flawless? I'm clearly taking my opinion further and mentioning I'm a fan of the entire re series (INCLUDING RE6 in case you are too stupid to realize it's in there); therefore I AM answering his question by saying the game is awesome and you're a complete idiot. Don't say another word you make yourself look bad lol....
That is pretty childish....

Top Bottom