• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Third CGI Movie?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Capcom initially intended on releasing three CGI Resident Evil films. A trilogy Staring Leon S. Kennedy. Well, we're two down. Degeneration and Damnation. But where is the third? It's been over two years since they released Damnation, and we still have NO info on the third and final entry into the Cannon, CGI films. Do you guys think they still plan on making it?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
When the rumors about Leon and Hunnigan's voice actors working together again came up, I immediately thought that's what they'd be working on. And, of course, if they are working together again, still I think that.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
When the rumors about Leon and Hunnigan's voice actors working together again came up, I immediately thought that's what they'd be working on. And, of course, if they are working together again, still I think that.
When and where did those rumors happen!? Do you have a link?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Here's one of many (they all have basically the same info): http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21439/20140507/resident-evil-7-leon.htm

It was one of the first "RE7 IS REAL ZOMG!" rumors I heard. Of course, with the latest NewsBot rumor of a spin off game (three returning characters, two female/one male, one never having an in-game appearance, etc.), I'm tempted to think maybe there's some truth. Perhaps we'll be seeing Hunnigan, a second, returning female and someone like Frederic Downing. Speculation is fun!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Here's one of many (they all have basically the same info): http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/21439/20140507/resident-evil-7-leon.htm

It was one of the first "RE7 IS REAL ZOMG!" rumors I heard. Of course, with the latest NewsBot rumor of a spin off game (three returning characters, two female/one male, one never having an in-game appearance, etc.), I'm tempted to think maybe there's some truth. Perhaps we'll be seeing Hunnigan, a second, returning female and someone like Frederic Downing. Speculation is fun!
Oh wow...I never gave THOUGHT to Frederick Downing...

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Just me..but I'd like to see a cgi movie without leon. Hes great and all, but there are plenty of other great re characters that need some love *coughrebeccacough*
But a 3rd cgi movie would be good. The last 2 didnt get me fan-girling, but id still watch it.
I think it can star Leon AND another great character...Like they did with Claire and Ada...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Just me..but I'd like to see a cgi movie without leon.

No, it's not just you. They overuse Leon in the movies just like they've recently been overusing Chris in the games. Yeah, Claire was in Degeneration too, but not really anything but an accessory. It's Leon and Angela who got most of the action, and whoever may be in the next CGI movie, what's for sure is that if it stars Leon, they will once again disappear in his shadow.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
To be fair though, they stated from the beginning that it would be " A Trilogy Staring Leon." So he kind of is supposed to be in the limelight...I understand there are other characters. And that they should have screen time too. But given what we already know Leon does, it's easier to use him, and then have the others join in. For example, it's PROBABLY easier to use Leon and then add a reasoning for Rebecca to be there, rather than just open up with her after her being gone for ALL these years. Plus, Film is a different Medium than video games. Film is a bit more accessible, so it's better if you want to get sales, to go with a well known character. Leon is arguably the most popular Resident Evil character to NON Resident Evil fans...

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
It's only been two years. I think they definitely would still make another.

Awaii-Lynne

momma cosplayer
To be fair though, they stated from the beginning that it would be " A Trilogy Staring Leon." So he kind of is supposed to be in the limelight...I understand there are other characters. And that they should have screen time too. But given what we already know Leon does, it's easier to use him, and then have the others join in. For example, it's PROBABLY easier to use Leon and then add a reasoning for Rebecca to be there, rather than just open up with her after her being gone for ALL these years. Plus, Film is a different Medium than video games. Film is a bit more accessible, so it's better if you want to get sales, to go with a well known character. Leon is arguably the most popular Resident Evil character to NON Resident Evil fans...
I wouldnt mind if they brought rebecca back, I just dont want her to become a shadow...but it wont happen, at least her returning wont happen...yet lol. We never know what will happen in the furure re movies (cgi of course)

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
There was a time when I would have loved to see Rebecca return, but now that we have adult Sherry, who is basically the same character with a different hair colour, I no longer care to be honest. If the third movie is going to be set between the events of RE6 and 7 (which seems likely, since Damnation was set between 5 and 6 and Degeneration between 4 and 5, I believe), I'd like to see Sherry by Leon's side. It would make sense, since she's another recurring female character he's had dealings with in the past, just like Claire and Ada from the first two movies.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
So let's see

Leon:

2 CGI movies (main character)
1 Live action movie (secondary character)
4 Video Games (main character)
3 Video Games his name was mentioned in

and he might be a main character in a third CGI movie

egregious zombiemasher

F.O.S solo KAT
i think that "special agent" concept of leon`s made him the most accessible character to be used in the cg movies, so no wonder that the developers announced him for the trilogy. Can`t say the same about games though.

Kayowakimono

霧敷砂子
I'd like if they would bring back Leon as the main character in 3rd CGI movie and I would also like to see Helena Harper, Sherry Birkin or Jill Valentine as featuring character together with Leon.

Top Bottom