• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Thinking about getting a 3DS

Meg

So bin ich eben
Hey everyone, I've been thinking about getting a 3DS for awhile now. If/when I do get one, I know I'm gonna have to get the Scribblenauts games because I love them. I also really like Professor Layton and Pokemon.

Other than that, I'm not sure what other games I'd really want to play. Do you have any recommendations? :happy:

Turo602

The King of Kings
Oh, the 3DS is definitely worth the purchase. It's easily becoming one of my favorite Nintendo platforms since the Gamecube.

Anyway, I'd really recommend looking at their first-party stuff, since there's a lot and they're really good. For Example:

Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario Kart 7
Super Smash Bros.
is coming out soon.
If you haven't already got them on other consoles, Resident Evil: Revelations and Donkey Kong Country: Returns.

Just to name a few.

Reactions: Meg

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Definitely worth it. And if you're weighing the options of 2DS vs. 3DS, the 3D capabilities are awesome, and definitely worth the extra few bucks. Turo already named some cool games, but there's also:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
The 3DS is awesome, I would fully recommend getting one. As well as all the games mentioned above, I would also recommend Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D. While it isn't a story title, it's still a lot of fun, particularly with a partner, and you can get it pretty cheap now. And don't forget that the 3DS is backwards compatible, so not only do you have the 3DS games to choose from, but the DS ones as well (I'm assuming you don't already have a DS here). Bear in mind, though, that these games will still be displayed in 2D, and online systems for the DS games won't be available as Nintendo closed the wi-fi service for DS. :smile:

Meg

So bin ich eben
I've actually never played a Mario or Zelda game. (Shock horror, I know it's weird.) I know they are all pretty much the same, so does it matter which ones I pick up first? Or are some way better than others and therefore instant-mustbuys?

Also, I played a Kirby game before and loved it. I think a new game just came out too. Does anyone have it yet?

Turo602

The King of Kings
I've actually never played a Mario or Zelda game. (Shock horror, I know it's weird.) I know they are all pretty much the same, so does it matter which ones I pick up first? Or are some way better than others and therefore instant-mustbuys?

Well, the ones currently on 3DS are all very different from each other. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a classic 2D platformer, meanwhile 3D Land is an evolution for the series. I'd definitely say the must buy is 3D Land. As for Zelda, it's the same case. A Link Between Worlds is a brand new installment, but looks and plays like some of the older 2D titles, and Ocarina of Time is a remake of the most iconic 3D game in the franchise. They're both great games, but I think you should go with Ocarina of Time 3D first so you can feel what most people felt when they fell in love with the series.

Also, I played a Kirby game before and loved it. I think a new game just came out too. Does anyone have it yet?

Not me, but from what I've played of Kirby games, they're all pretty similar. I'm not the biggest fan but the one on 3DS looks pretty good.

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
The 3Ds is absolutely worth owning. I've had my XL since December and have done a good 85% of my game playing on it since... And the game I bought it for (Smash Bros.) hasn't even come out yet!

So far, my favorite games have been Mercenaries 3D, Snake Eater 3D, Luigi's Mansion and the latest Mario & Luigi RPG.

MissDomino

Premium
I haven't played my 3DS in a while, but I'm definitely happy with it. If nothing else but because all of the Atlus games on there (Shin Megami Tensei 4, Devil Survivor, Soul Hackers and a few more coming up).

I definitely recommend looking into Shinobi. If it's still as ridiculously cheap as last time I saw it, you got nothing to lose too :D

Loki

The Trickster
Premium
I love my 3DS and It does have a load of good games on it now! Both the Professor Laytons on it are great, I still need to play Layton vs Ace attorney. I also really like Kingdom Hearts DDD, MarioKart7, Ocarina of Time and Revelations of course. I also really want to get Fire Emblem Awakening as I've heard a lot of good things about it but haven't had a chance to play it yet.

L

Lurker
Definitely worth it. And if you're weighing the options of 2DS vs. 3DS, the 3D capabilities are awesome, and definitely worth the extra few bucks. Turo already named some cool games, but there's also:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
I will totally second these, especially Fire Emblem Awakening. I've sunk at least 100 hours into that game.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
My game recommendations :
Resident evil revelations
Resident evil : the mercenaries 3D
Mario kart 7
Kingdom hearts DDD
Super smash bros (when released)

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
I might get a 2DS. I have to find some great games that are exclusive to the DS/3DS, though. So far the games I want is stuff like Chrono Trigger, Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil: Deadly Silence, Resident Evil: Revelations, etc. All games I already own, but I want to take anywhere I can fit a 2DS.

Top Bottom