• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) The ups and downs of Resident Evil 2 Remake

Zacmac90

This is my opinion of what was worth a thumbs up or a thumbs down in Re2, if you disagree please feel free to share if you might have different opinion

Thumbs up:

Leon Kennedy: Capcom def did a good job remaking Leon, RPD's newest and unfortunely only police officer standing. This Leon I def think looked acted and sounded the part of a fresh faced rookie with the worst first day of all time.

Visible injuries- One of my biggest complaints over the years, if a Zombie bites your neck you should have a bite mark(s). The groaning and heavy breathing when injured is a nice touch of realism and attention to detail.

The Licker: If you thought these bastards werent as scary or dangerous as you remember, Capcom told us to "Hold our beer". Id be lying if i said i didnt have a near heart attack.

The zombies: No longer can you go to the next room and think you are safe. These stiffs wont just break through the windows but the doors too. No longer is clearing a room a no brainer (pardon the pun) you gotta be smart with ur bullets.

Marvin: Despite still being a minor character, I loved how he got more screen time and fleshed him out more. Seeing and hear him in pain knowing he was on burrowed time was still a downer for me. What esp got me was the tone in his voice when he told Leon, "Its too late''

Mr. X: I truly believe until Nemesis is remade, Mr. X is the most popular BOW in the RE franchise with the phrase "Mr.X gon give it to ya'' becoming synonymous with Mr.X thanks to fans and DMX. Also he follows and hunts you down no matter where you go so you're never 100% safe. Damn you Capcom Lol

Thumbs down:

Claire: My problem with Claire wasnt with her voice actress or even her face but her attire. Might just be me, but it reminded me of Code Veronica era Claire not Re 2 Claire.

Sherry: Like with claire, might be me nitpicking but Sherry is like what 12 yrs old during this time? She looks more like a 7 or 8 year old.

The scenarios: I get you cant make em too different but I wish the majority of it wasnt exactly the same.

All in all I was def impressed with the game, it met many of our goals and hopefully lead us to RE3 remake down the road

Top Bottom