• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) The stars office is missing something

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

I just realize recently that both in the original resident evil 2 and in the remake, the stars office only contain the surviving member of stars desk, Chris, Jill, Barry, Rebecca and wesker...
Why they didn't put the other member desk in the office?

The only answer i gives to myself is that they take out the desk of the other member after they die, and that Chris wanted to maintain wesker desk to analize it...
However the other desk could not have fit into the room since the stars member are at least 10 - 12...
Probably Capcom didn't care about putting the other member since they weren't relevant to resident evil 2 story and only put the desk of the 5 main stars member...

I think this is a bit weird, they could have at least explained why the other desk weren't there, right now it look like Enrico and the other were sitting on the corridor near the stars office during day work XD

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Maybe alpha and bravo were in two different rooms and Rebecca was moved to alpha teams room when she was the only surviving bravo team member. Perhaps their office was in one of the areas you can't access in the game.

Or better yet, they worked different shifts and shared the room/desks.

D

Deleted member 21244

Maybe alpha and bravo were in two different rooms and Rebecca was moved to alpha teams room when she was the only surviving bravo team member. Perhaps their office was in one of the areas you can't access in the game.

Or better yet, they worked different shifts and shared the room/desks.
Could be, or maybe the original stars office was located in a different area, but after the mansion incidet, since only few members remain, the office was changed to the one seen in the second floor... But this doesn't explain how wesker desk was still present

ToCool74

Veteran Member
Could be, or maybe the original stars office was located in a different area, but after the mansion incidet, since only few members remain, the office was changed to the one seen in the second floor... But this doesn't explain how wesker desk was still present

Wesker's desk most likely stayed due to Chief Irons attempting to cover everything up at the request of Umbrella, maybe he thought it would not be the right move towards that objective if suddenly the Captain of STARS was deposed and thus they perhaps explained it as Wesker being on "vacation" in order to keep up the ruse but as you can see in RE2 that did not stop someone (perhaps Chris,Jill, or Barry?) from going through his desk to find out more about Umbrella and chances are what they found in that desk is what eventually lead to Chris going to European Branch of Umbrella since he suddenly "got info" on that branch from somewhere.

D

Deleted member 21244

Good answer tocool...

But iron could have simply take wesker desk out saying that he was dead in the mansion just like the other member of stars... Even if I don't know what irons say to raccon city citizen about the sudden disappearence of more than half of the stars member

D

Deleted member 21244

Budget cuts or game designers not given enough space to work with? You make the call!
I don't think it was budget cut since they could have simply put more desk and a greater room in there, they probably just put the main stars character desk because they were the most important to th resident evil series, the other were simply dead and never mentioned again

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think it's just one of those classic instances of story tropes in films and video games where you accept stuff that doesn't make entirely sense because it serves the story well. It's called suspension of disbelief.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they replaced the pic of Jill's supposed boyfriend with a dog pic in the REmake, which made for a good round of Jill furry comments in YouTube vids and forum posts, lol.

Bestiality implications/jokes aside, I was curious to see what he looked like since it was blurred out in the original.

D

Deleted member 21244

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that they replaced the pic of Jill's supposed boyfriend with a dog pic in the REmake, which made for a good round of Jill furry comments in YouTube vids and forum posts, lol.

Bestiality implications/jokes aside, I was curious to see what he looked like since it was blurred out in the original.
Probably because they wanted to have Chris and Jill in a relationship since this was already implied in revelations that Chris and Jill had feeling for each other...

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I thought being a S.T.A.R.S. member would come with certain perks. Like, a private gym and sauna or something. :p

Haha I bet even real law enforcement wish they had their own private sauna/gym. I know a lot of police stations offer those things to all of their employees though so it would have been awesome if CAPCOM went into more detail with that too. Maybe they can work those details into the REmake 3?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 21244

I was replying re 2 remake just now and i reached the stars office and j just realize that the office actually have all the necessary desk for all the stars member, and even more chair for people to be able to sit

Also the desk that belonged to the dead stars member have box on them, it seems like the remaining stars member boxed all they re comrade item to probably send them to they're family... This was actually a nice detail

I was probably blind to not have spot this in the remake, Capcom did it well this time

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom