• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Playstation Classic Version ?

iUmbrella

So I am playing the game again on the European PS Classic and was confused about some modes etc.

So I started to play the game and loads of new stuff like the extra costumes and forest waking up on the balcony did not work or simply happen but now im playing the game on Advanced all those things including the new camera angle changes happen so what's the deal.

Is it all directors cut but those things only happen if you play a certain difficulty similar to the Wii version of re4 where you can skip the maze if you pick the easy difficulty or is one the original and one the directors cut.

Anyone who has directors cut should be able to help out on this one, I wish they just labelled the different modes as like in the DS Version.

Bran

Independent Film Director
So I am playing the game again on the European PS Classic and was confused about some modes etc.

So I started to play the game and loads of new stuff like the extra costumes and forest waking up on the balcony did not work or simply happen but now im playing the game on Advanced all those things including the new camera angle changes happen so what's the deal.

Is it all directors cut but those things only happen if you play a certain difficulty similar to the Wii version of re4 where you can skip the maze if you pick the easy difficulty or is one the original and one the directors cut.

Anyone who has directors cut should be able to help out on this one, I wish they just labelled the different modes as like in the DS Version.
If I remember correctly (it's been a long time)... classic has the normal amount of enemies and the items are in the original place. Advanced has more enemies, and puzzle items are in different areas. I think.

iUmbrella

So, standard and beginner are the normal version of resident evil but the arrange mode is the directors cut version

Ikawaru

I know I wanna play the DualShock ver so bad but I am European aka uk so I cannot

I would advise NOT playing the Dualshock version because the music is so terrible that I had blood coming out of my ears. Worst $20 I've ever spent, and gladly stuck to the original North American longbox version, because I missed the original (non Dualshock) Directors Cut release in 1997.

Last edited:

iUmbrella

I would advise NOT playing the Dualshock version because the music is so terrible that I had blood coming out of my ears. Worst $20 I've ever spent, and gladly stuck to the original North American longbox version, because I missed the original (non Dualshock) Directors Cut release in 1997.
Sorry but that's exactly why I wanna play the DualShock version to experience the bad music and see if its as bad as everyone says especially the basement music although I have heard that one and to play it with DualShock along with any other changes like title cards etc.

Is there anyway to play it outside of America?

Top Bottom