• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Official Resident Evil Frustration Thread

Some Nights

No Shape
So post in here whenever something Resident Evil related frustrates you. Games, movies, or books it can go in here.

My most recent case:
I was playing Resident Evil 2 and I made it to the last boss. I got backed into a corner and ended up in an endless hit cycle of sorts. My last save was before the lab. It was my own fault but my reaction was pretty much this.

View attachment 229

I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one making mistakes like this that result in unimaginable rage. So share your own stories.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
The movies... The movies. That's all you can say.

I also remember in Code Veronica I had the worst time with the tyrant on the jet... Ough, almost had to restart the game... Actually I think I did. Huh I need to replay it soon.

Storyofmylife

The watchful protector.
Code Veronica and those damn Bandersnatches! I'd always be pretty much out of ammo when I encountered them in the game, as well as the Tyrant on the plane.

The most frustrating and possibly funniest though were the sharks in REmake. I have a very ridiculous fear of sharks, so everytime I'd have to drain the water in the lab I'd do it with my eyes closed mostly and die. They did a good job of working on a lot of people's biggest fears in that game though, I just cannot stand sharks. Haha Recently in Batman: Arkham City when I was in the penguin's layer I did NOT think an F-ing shark would come out of nowhere if Batman jumped in the water. That scared the sh*t out of me and that game isn't even supposed to be scary!

Silverback

Moving Mountains
Fighting G4 in Resident Evil 2 can be tough. Getting bitchslapped across the room on a near constant basis is not fun. Then he just corners you and devours you.

zombinater007

The movies... The movies. That's all you can say.

I also remember in Code Veronica I had the worst time with the tyrant on the jet... Ough, almost had to restart the game... Actually I think I did. Huh I need to replay it soon.
well you can use the B.O.W. rounds on him then spam some acid rounds then hit the switch. can be done in a minute

but one thing i hated was carrying ashley through the village in RE4 shes such a whiny mother

Some Nights

No Shape
Code Veronica and those damn Bandersnatches! I'd always be pretty much out of ammo when I encountered them in the game, as well as the Tyrant on the plane.

The most frustrating and possibly funniest though were the sharks in REmake. I have a very ridiculous fear of sharks, so everytime I'd have to drain the water in the lab I'd do it with my eyes closed mostly and die. They did a good job of working on a lot of people's biggest fears in that game though, I just cannot stand sharks. Haha Recently in Batman: Arkham City when I was in the penguin's layer I did NOT think an F-ing shark would come out of nowhere if Batman jumped in the water. That scared the sh*t out of me and that game isn't even supposed to be scary!
Sharks, nasty creatures. I can't play the Tomb Raider games because of them. At least in RE you aren't underwater/swimming with them.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Not being able to strafe in the games that I have played. I mean, what kind of craziness doesn't let someone with a pistol in their hand move around to aim better? The enemies seem to be able to run around with their weapons raised, so why can't I?

Also, some of the puzzles - I'm not a very clever person and the bizarre logic required for some of those brainteasers is waaaay beyond my capabilities. I don't like getting overly frustrated with a game all because there is no rhyme or reason to how you figure out such and such in order to get to the next part.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Getting stuck in RE1/REmake even tho I've played tru it several times. Somehow I always manage to get stuck in the mansion and can't figure where I'm supposed to go lol. And the game doesn't try to help you out at all. You have to figure it out for yourself or go online for help.

Like the part in REmake where you're in the mansion and you have to find a certain key. I remember that you have to use the dog whistle to call the dogs, kill them and then take the dog collar which has the key. Prob was tho I could not remember where to find the dog whistle so I raged xD

bruno

Chief Researcher
Haha, I've only played it twice but I think the dog whistle is the study in the east wing, 2nd floor (the room with the door that only opens from the inside, and where you have to save Rebecca from the hunter), and you have to use it in the balcony near the dining room (west wing), 2nd floor.

Larae

Candy Tactician
Going for an A rank with zero saves in RE2 is extremely frustrating.

When I got to the end boss of disc 2/Claire, I discovered that I didn't have enough ammo, and you can't use special weapons or first aid sprays.
Mother of Cod.

VP-70

The Confucius of ReNews...Cheers KK.
I get frustrated at running out of bad guys to pop bubble gum at.

Top Bottom