• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The most EPIC REtribution Battle EVER!

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Also:

Talks like this are why i like this forum so much. We've got completely, polar oppsite opinions on this, but we can talk about it, in a civil way. Not like the rest of the savage internet haha xD

Aleck

Biohazard
Nah i don't know. I mean it doesn't share story with the games past the absolute basic, and even that has dissapeared now, the main character is entirely new for the films, game characters are nothing more than just a quick 'Oh, that's Leon', when Leon is INTEGRAL to the story.

If it's THAT different, why even call it Resident Evil? Because it gets to a certain point where it's NOT Resident Evil anymore, i disagree with saying 'The Resident Evil movies are a completely seperate entity to the games' because they're not, they're meant to be Resident Evil, and Resident Evil is the games, they ARE Resident Evil.

I respect your opinion, but I still enjoy the movies and they're just a different alternate RE Universe in my eyes. I like that they created an original character for the movies and the Alice in Wonderland nods. I suppose it wouldn't have been a bad idea to call it Alice in Zombieland. :p

I can see why the RE game die hards hate it so much though. I also hate the inconsistencies, but they're overlooked since I enjoy the character of Alice and the plot(weak as it might be) so much. They're somewhat of a guilty pleasure too. Overall, I'm not entirely opposed to the Alice story being the driving force in the movies however, I would have woven in more development and other stories with the RE Originals. That way they'd be more than just cheerleaders or tools for Alice to get from point A to point B. I would also give the characters better direction. For example, I would have asked Li Bingbing to approach the character of Ada with more confidence so she wouldn't come across as shy or timid. That really irked me. And many fans crapped all over Sienna's performance for giving a "robotic" and "wooden" performance ignoring the fact that she was controlled by the appliance on her chest which subsequently caused her to act that way. I dunno, maybe I should write the next reboot,:confused:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Nah i don't know. I mean it doesn't share story with the games past the absolute basic, and even that has dissapeared now, the main character is entirely new for the films, game characters are nothing more than just a quick 'Oh, that's Leon', when Leon is INTEGRAL to the story.

If it's THAT different, why even call it Resident Evil? Because it gets to a certain point where it's NOT Resident Evil anymore, i disagree with saying 'The Resident Evil movies are a completely seperate entity to the games' because they're not, they're meant to be Resident Evil, and Resident Evil is the games, they ARE Resident Evil.
But the movies are BASED on the series. Not movies OF the series. Oh, and I agree. I love this forum for the exact same reason. The members of REN (Usually) are good people!

Aleck

Biohazard
But the movies are BASED on the series. Not movies OF the series. Oh, and I agree. I love this forum for the exact same reason. The members of REN (Usually) are good people!

I know I know... On the brightside, they're eventually doing a reboot and will hopefully do something that is alot more faithful to the video games and won't involve Milla or Paul in them. I'll personally miss Alice, but will look forward to seeing what they do with the story the next time around. I would love to see the mansion from the games in the reboot.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I know I know... On the brightside, they're eventually doing a reboot and will hopefully do something that is alot more faithful to the video games and won't involve Milla or Paul in them. I'll personally miss Alice, but will look forward to seeing what they do with the story the next time around. I would love to see the mansion from the games in the reboot.
I agree with you there. Maybe something closer to the George A. Romero script.

DarkAngelEyes24

GOTCHA'! I actually wanted to watch this movie.... but.... this....

The only good thing about the fight scene, is that the screen writers let Jill kick Alice's ass. Other then that its okay. I hated the fight between Leon, Rain and the other guy.

Top Bottom