• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 The Mercenaries in this game...

iProinsias

This is my question

People complain mercs is to easy and un-original

Now it's harder and people actually CAN'T melee your way through therefore resulting in death....
You say it's cheap....?
Last time i checked zombies don't follow rules...

What? I'm not asking them to follow rules, I'm saying at a certain point its like the game spawns them (the more difficult ones) so close to you you dont have any breathing room.

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
What? I'm not asking them to follow rules, I'm saying at a certain point its like the game spawns them (the more difficult ones) so close to you you dont have any breathing room.
I think most of the enemies are scripted, and come out of set areas. A good example is the police men, they always come out of the corner, nearest the combo time, and near the restaurant containing a Red herb. In said corner, is a barrier they climb/crawl through, the first set of police come between 15-20, armed with machine guns, If you are ready in that corner you can drop them straight away. So my advise is learn every enemie , that keeps killing you, and find their entrance point, so you can plan accordingly. The fat guy usually comes out of the Arcade, at around 50 combo, then the 2nd two fat guys come from opposite ends at about 100, then the ones i watch out for are the magnum police about 120, they spawn the same place as the other police men. to me you just need to learn the map a lot better, learn where to be to stay in cover and kill the harder enemies before they can do anything

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
i quite find myself "liking" Mining the Depths even more and also choose it as my top/defult choice when i do a "Duo" (Online-play). the steel beast map, in which i sometimes chose when i do a "solo" play, just to merely have a practice/test play with Ada (hoping i can find a good vantage points of her). i have tried Sherry for the first time on Mercenaries on the steel beast map, and her weapons load out is very good, i especially like her "Lightning Hawk". (but as far as my top/defult choice, character wise it would be Helena *defult* and as for map it would be "Mining the Depths")

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Yeah Mining the Depths is definetly awesome map, i like how the main area looks a bit like a gladiator arena, except frozen. I think my favourite character is Chris default, but i would like to get good with Ada, as the bow head shots are so satisfying!

iProinsias

I think most of the enemies are scripted, and come out of set areas. A good example is the police men, they always come out of the corner, nearest the combo time, and near the restaurant containing a Red herb. In said corner, is a barrier they climb/crawl through, the first set of police come between 15-20, armed with machine guns, If you are ready in that corner you can drop them straight away. So my advise is learn every enemie , that keeps killing you, and find their entrance point, so you can plan accordingly. The fat guy usually comes out of the Arcade, at around 50 combo, then the 2nd two fat guys come from opposite ends at about 100, then the ones i watch out for are the magnum police about 120, they spawn the same place as the other police men. to me you just need to learn the map a lot better, learn where to be to stay in cover and kill the harder enemies before they can do anything

Good advice, thanks. I know where all the time crystals are, but I guess I don't know which enemies spawn where. You seem like someone that'd be good to have as a partner.

Edit: one other thing, where is the combo bonus in Urban Chaos? Ive had partners get it in matches but I dont know where it is? (this question is to anyone who knows)

TheVacantThrone

He's a mental giant, TECH N9NE!
Good advice, thanks. I know where all the time crystals are, but I guess I don't know which enemies spawn where. You seem like someone that'd be good to have as a partner.

Edit: one other thing, where is the combo bonus in Urban Chaos? Ive had partners get it in matches but I dont know where it is? (this question is to anyone who knows)

There's on right on top of the bridge you can walk up, if you look to the top of it from the floor. And there's one outside the map a little bit, if you head to the 4 corners of the map and look out, you'll see it. They're bright green.

iProinsias

There's on right on top of the bridge you can walk up, if you look to the top of it from the floor. And there's one outside the map a little bit, if you head to the 4 corners of the map and look out, you'll see it. They're bright green.

Ah, thats what that is. Thank you.

Sonnentreppe

wordy agronaut
I have yet to get higher than a B, which is depressing, as I wish to unlock Carla sooner than later.

However, what I dislike most of all is the lack of variety in maps. The game gives three, and then I have "High Fortress" from my pre-order. I know the rest will *probably* be released as DLC, but right now, the extra map is useless to me because none of my other friends have it...

ResidentE

I really like Mining the Depths stage, the enemies are different to Urban Chaos. It is because they are both 'zombie' stages and the other stages are all the new Javo or things that can shoot as well. I much prefer zombie stages .
Anyway on Mining the Depths you get the screamer guy (hannibal lectur) as you say, you also get zombies with dynamite sticks, and if you get a 70 combo you will get the weird yellow dog-fish boss, then more screamers. Where as Urban Chaos is the fat guy boss,lots of bloodshot and more armoured guys.
Catacoombs is a good one, you get all the skeleton type zombies, a fat boss, plus the titty monster, really good variety of baddies.
Steel beast is the charger headghog looking bosses, plus loads of sniper and rocket launcher dudes, and javo's with knifes, exploding maggot ones, and the giant chicken leg pouncer things (lol dont know the official names)
So i think each stage is a good different feel. My favourites are Urban Chaos and Mining the depths but i still think theiyr very different. You also have to be a lot quicker on mining the depths and get loads of +5s, where as urban chaos you can take time collecting stuff at the start and theres a lot more time.
Best score 1140000 ! :)

I didn't call the screamer hannibal lecter xD I was talking about the boss you have to fight over and over in jakes chapter. The one that has the hennibal lecter mask thingy. Ukitoeki is his name or something :p

but ehm, well, I didn't like mining the depth because it's so much like urban chaos (in my opinion). I hadn't unlocked steel mill till yesterday, but I must say, I like that one a lot. Now I'm just hoping I can get the dlc soon, because I want more maps :p

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
anyone got any tips on getting an "A" rank on Steel Beast being Ada? (specifically solo, if possible?) cause from what i've been told, that to get Ada's other outfit; that i need an "A" rank with her (Ada, on any stage) :cool:

i just want to know what weapons she got on her alternative outfit, i may-haps be better if she's got the right weapons (on her other outfit) :cool:

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
anyone got any tips on getting an "A" rank on Steel Beast being Ada? (specifically solo, if possible?) cause from what i've been told, that to get Ada's other outfit; that i need an "A" rank with her (Ada, on any stage) :cool:

i just want to know what weapons she got on her alternative outfit, i may-haps be better if she's got the right weapons (on her other outfit) :cool:

Go for the timmers first then rank up a long combo

Tips coming from a player ranked up in the 1,000's :D

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
Just nailed a 150 combo for just over a million, on SOLO urban chaos i am very proud haha that was so difficult. I ran out of ammo right near the end of the combo, just after killing the fatties and survived with counters and a knife. EPIC

ResidentE

Personally I did it on urban chaos. I think she's more suitable for that because it was quite easy. But I wouldn't hope that much, the ada costume being better. She has a very weak handgun that does not even make it possible to melee them after one shot in the hand, and one sniper which is imo also kinda useless on mercs. Carla on the other hand <3

But if you want steel mill... well I suppose you need to find the best way to get all the timers. I like to start on the ground. Getting the one to the right first, run to the one in the back, get out, run upstairs, grab two timers, run all the way till the end, run downstairs to get the one over there, run upstairs to the upper level, grab the two timers and start getting a combo, using the combo timers.

Also, the first few waves are a little annoying to combo them together. Especially when you're at 30 kills or so, when the rocket launcher dudes appear. Then you have to deal with those flying things. Which is rather easy with Jake, because all these creatures seem weak against melee somehow.

After that, you get a part that's really easy. Those red, armoured dragon things with those exploding shells. Even without shooting at them, you'll most likely keep the combo because of these exploding dudes. Also lots of points there. So what I did with jake (to get Piers) was to try to survive the first part, untill those creatures start to mutate. Then use Jake's melee fighting skills to kill them in notime, and then use the magnum to get these armor dudes.

Ada does have some trouble killing those armor dudes because she doesn't have very powerfull weapons. But I suggest using these pipe bomb arrows, quick shot. Quick shot is fast, you dodge attacks with it, almost always hits and reloads in the animation.

That's all I can think of. But then again, I'm a noob. xD

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
Go for the timmers first then rank up a long combo

Tips coming from a player ranked up in the 1,000's :D

this may-be a good idea, well since....on every mercenaries, i always go for the time crystals then proceed to killing (recon with my partner if i do it Duo and starting picking off enemies with them). but as far as getting an "A" rank what's the score of getting said grade?

Wake up Ne0

BSAA Mercenary
For the secret costume i thought you needed an S rank which is 220 000 with Duo, Ada's costume is good, it has a sniper + machine-handgun . you can switch the machine gun between single/rapid and Also it is one shot to the head, and then a fatal melee move. The Ada costume has very powerful melee moves, always a kill on a normal zombie.
I still think both the Ada's are quite a 'pro' set up, been that they seem very difficult to use and people say they are bad, but they are very powerful if you are good with them. I think the best female character is Sherry.

Nashtalia

B.S.A.A. Agent
For the secret costume i thought you needed an S rank which is 220 000 with Duo, Ada's costume is good, it has a sniper + machine-handgun . you can switch the machine gun between single/rapid and Also it is one shot to the head, and then a fatal melee move. The Ada costume has very powerful melee moves, always a kill on a normal zombie.
I still think both the Ada's are quite a 'pro' set up, been that they seem very difficult to use and people say they are bad, but they are very powerful if you are good with them. I think the best female character is Sherry.

so the machine-handgun that Ada has on her secret costume is basically a machine-pistol (cause that's what i got from the description you've given of her machine-handgun) basically the equivilant of Helena's weapon set up, when you choose her to don the RPD outfit....which i can somewhat get a good kill streak with (solo or duo, *given that the partner i am paired up with can hold themselves out*) and Yesss speaking of Sherry, i don't like her as much (due to the blonde' factor, no offence to anyone;offended), for the mere fact she has the Lightning Hawk; equivilant of a Desert Eagle/Revolver/Magnum and her three-shooter (pistol/machine-pistol) is quite nice. but since i prefer Brunettes (Helena Harper, she closely resembles me *look wise* heh) :cool: *the big factor why she (Helena) appeals to me* :)

EDIT: i would like to add that during on Leon's campain (being Helena), when they are both (Leon and Helena) are looking for Deborah, and Helena says we got to find Deborah,and Leon says: "Who?" i died laughing in the inside xD *oh Leon, the things you will go through, for women.....*cough*cough* Ada *cough* uhemm and now, on this mission, with Helena :p

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
this may-be a good idea, well since....on every mercenaries, i always go for the time crystals then proceed to killing (recon with my partner if i do it Duo and starting picking off enemies with them). but as far as getting an "A" rank what's the score of getting said grade?
It's about 170,000-178,000 on Duo.

Top Bottom