• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Last of Us

nukemdukem

Here is the Full Walkthrough of The Last of Us as well as all the collectibles in the game. If you want the cutscenes only we have it to.
The game is definitely game of the year and I can see why it got a 10/10
-You get emotionally attached to all characters you encounter along your journey
-You feel really immersed in the game
-The gameplay is amazing

Full Walkthrough
[youtube]msNRReS8rYA[/youtube]
All Collectibles
Chapter 1 & 2
Cut-scenes only

[youtube]8mXvT5Kdwzk[/youtube]

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
There's a Resi reference in this game, one of the trophies is called Master of Unlocking lol. You get it by opening all the shiv doors (opening locked doors with a shiv).

Great game. It's very cinematic, it's actually like you're watching a movie in some parts. The post apocalyptic setting is one of the best I've seen in a game. And the survival aspects are awesome. Like crafting stuff like shivs or health packs & when you want to heal yourself, it takes some time so it's best to wait until you're in a secluded area with no enemies around.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I don't have a PS3, so I could only watch a walkthrough on YouTube, and I have to say that after all that hype, the game didn't live up to my expectations. They did a very good job with the characters and the relationships between them (especially Joel and Ellie), but at the cost of everything else, it seems. The story is predictable, the gameplay repetitive and apparently very scripted.

I think it's still a decent game, but far from perfect, and how it managed to get so many 10/10 ratings despite its repetitiveness (which is usually the first thing everyone criticises) is a mystery to me. I would probably have liked it better if not everyone had claimed beforehand that The Last Of Us would be the best game ever made, but I'm looking forward to your reviews, people!

slack

I don't have a PS3, so I could only watch a walkthrough on YouTube, and I have to say that after all that hype, the game didn't live up to my expectations. They did a very good job with the characters and the relationships between them (especially Joel and Ellie), but at the cost of everything else, it seems. The story is predictable, the gameplay repetitive and apparently very scripted.

I think it's still a decent game, but far from perfect, and how it managed to get so many 10/10 ratings despite its repetitiveness (which is usually the first thing everyone criticises) is a mystery to me. I would probably have liked it better if not everyone had claimed beforehand that The Last Of Us would be the best game ever made, but I'm looking forward to your reviews, people!

STRONGLY disagree!

My best friend and I borrowed another friend's ps3 and we redboxxed this game.. After the 10+ hours, on hard, on our first run through I can safely say this is one of, if not thee best zombie narrative game out there. I regret not buying a ps3 because I would have loved to established footing in the multiplayer as well as playing the campaign over and over again

All the characters were well rounded and developed. I felt sympathetic and attached to every one of them in some way. I mean, the end was a little bittersweet and made me feel awkwardly detached somehow, but I'm pretty sure that was intentional. Other than that, the performances and character development was nothing short of amazing.

Characters aside, the gameplay may have been a little repetitive at times (which is forgivable given the length of the game), but it also had A LOT of variance in the missions that needed to be done, the only thing that I found repetitive were the puzzle similarities with the pallets and ladders and whatnot. The puzzles could have been better head scratchers, but other than that, NO COMPLAINTS.

I WISH Resident Evil took the same route as The Last of Us. Compared to TLU, Resident Evil is about as shallow as a inflatable kiddie pool, IN EVERY ASPECT. Keep in mind I've been a die-hard RE fan since 96' and comparing RE to TLU, metaphorically, to me, is like watching my child barely get by community college, while my brother's kid goes to Harvard with straight A's .

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I'm with slack almost 100%. This game is, in my eyes, f*cking perfect! In all my years on this planet, I have honestly never played a game that I enjoyed so wholeheartedly so instantly. And that includes RE, which has been my favorite game franchise since it first came out. I don't have a single complaint! The writing, directing, acting and, of course, game play really couldn't have been more attuned to my gaming sensibilities if I were involved in the production.

I actually felt real feelings while playing. (HIGHLIGHT FOR MASSIVE SPOILERS--->) None more so than Joel's desperate anger at the end when he's told Ellie is going to be killed and experimented on to (possibly) benefit mankind, and goes ape**** on the Fireflies. I wanted nothing more than to f*cking obliterate them and save her, mankind be damned! I even cried when his daughter gets shot while in his arms in the beginning... I don't remember any time a game has done that to me! That, in my opinion, is a real testament to it's quality.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
The puzzles could have been better head scratchers, but other than that, NO COMPLAINTS.

My complaint about the puzzles is not that they're rather simple, but that they're always the same. There are three kinds which are encountered again and again and again: 1) Find a plank to build a bridge from one high spot to another, 2) Lift Ellie up so she can find a ladder for you upstairs, 3) Get Ellie across the water because she can't swim.

I'm not in the position to disagree with anyone who has actually played the game because, as I said, I haven't. But the other thing I found annoying while watching the walkthrough was the combat. You enter an area full of enemies, get rid of them and proceed - ogay, nothing unusual. But that gamer spent most of the time hiding behind cover until a careless enemy got too close, then killed him with a stealth attack. I believe this is necessary because the game doesn't give you a lot of ammo to waste, but it's boring to watch, and I know from my own experience with such combat situations that I don't have much fun playing them either.

I can agree with your comparison of The Last Of Us with Resident Evil when it comes to story and characters, but the difference is that I find Resident Evil actually fun, and that is, for me at least, the most important thing about a game.

I actually felt real feelings while playing. (HIGHLIGHT FOR MASSIVE SPOILERS--->) None more so than Joel's desperate anger at the end when he's told Ellie is going to be killed and experimented on to (possibly) benefit mankind, and goes ape**** on the Fireflies. I wanted nothing more than to f*cking obliterate them and save her, mankind be damned!

Ogay, I can't find the colour you used to hide the spoilers, so I'll just put a warning here:

SPOILERS! - People who haven't played/watched the game, proceed at your own risk.

Agreed. While I still think the story was predictable (because seriously, the moment Ellie said she has to find the Fireflies because she's infected and immune, I knew what was going to happen; the only thing I wondered was whether it would be at the end of the game or just near the end with the last few levels consisting of you fleeing across the state from the Fireflies), I enjoyed it a lot, and the characters even more. Ellie is my new favourite game-I've-never-played character, and even those who acted like a$$holes at the beginning eventually grew on me, which is rare in videogames. The ending with Joel carrying Ellie while he's running from the enemies is one of the best parts of it because it mimics the opening scene with him carrying his daughter while doing the same thing. But, as I said before, that is not enough for me to truly enjoy a game, so even if it came out for the PC too, I would at least wait for it to become cheaper.

Top Bottom