• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Last of Us Part II

Smedident Evil

Recently, I played through the first game.

Who's looking forward to the sequel? The gameplay footage I saw looks boss. Hopefully, it will be released this fall. :smile:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I am absolutely looking forward to this game.

Last of Us Part 1 probably has the best written story line and dialogue. Naughty Dog have become the MASTERS of writing a genuinely great game. The trailers we have so far really keep us in the dark about what is happening, so I am excited to see what they have in store. The game looks plenty tense in the gameplay we have seen too.

Last edited:

Smedident Evil

Well... I think this game, and both of The Evil Within titles, are somewhat underrated genre stalwarts. People wanted a horror game for years where you could fight, use ordinary items as combat weapons, craft extra goodies, and to be able to run and shoot at the same time, plus have a knife that feels like a knife, and have so much fun with it. Yet when that is finally giving in the PS4 era, so many people out there say it's just an average game. What the hell? :eek:

I don't get that at all. The Last of Us provided DLC that was actually connected to the main game, with flashback scenes focusing on Ellie and how she lost her friend, and it was also a side mission in the main game, with Ellie exploring a mall trying to get medical supplies to tend to Joel's severe injury. When Capcom put out their DLC in the last few Resident Evil games, some of it was not canonical at all, and really quite stupid. Jack Baker's birthday bash with the party hat wearing Molded was in the game, and why? SATIRE, IF I EVER SAW IT... :surprised:

Although we did eventually get Not a Hero, Daughters and End of Zoe. There's nothing like seeing three of Chris' men get torn up or blown to bits by that psycho, Lucas. That, and Chris going into the men's room and putting on the magic facial cream that made him look 20 again, huh? :twisted:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
pf1jYBa.jpg

Apparently, they accidentally showed the release date on a poster in Peru. October '19. Seems infinitely close!

Smedident Evil

Yeah. I noticed that too. I hope it truly is coming out in October, and I will be staying far away from these nasty spoilers, since they spoil things.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I almost NEVER buy games upon release (I made an exception for RE2 REmake and Kingdom Hearts III because of a $150 gift card) - however, I will probably pre-order this. Aside from some potential E3 sleepers I am unaware of, this will be my most exciting prospect of the 2019 late year.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
That promotional image looks official, but could still be fake. October 2019 sounds plausible but its also a bit optimistic taken how long development cycles modern games have (especially if they're well-crafted). Perhaps that website is just writing October 2019 to create buzz and traffic.

The first game took over 4 years to develop, and TLOU2 has been in development since 2014.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
pf1jYBa.jpg

Apparently, they accidentally showed the release date on a poster in Peru. October '19. Seems infinitely close!
As much as I hope this is true, I'm still taking it with a pinch of salt. But god, I adore The Last of Us and am extremely excited for the sequel.

As much as I loved the first game, I can see that it does have it's limitations and flaws. From what I've seen so far, the gameplay of The Last of Us Part II has fixed a great deal of them.

They better not kill off Joel though. And he better make plenty of appearances in the game. The relationship between Ellie and Joel is probably one of the main things I loved about the first game.

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
In the original trailer we saw, the fellow talking to Ellie did say something about Ellie listening to her old man. That MUST be Joel. So, I am going in with the assumption that Joel is alive at the beginning.

However, I will not be surprised if they do kill him off. They want us to hurt. You know they do.

Smedident Evil

This is quite an interesting video.

Since enough people said it's coming out in late 2019, it seems unlikely that it will be out in 2020. Maybe that would happen, ONLY if it needed polishing-up, but they've already said that the game is done. Even so. They have so many months to get it ready in time for this fall.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
If it comes out in October 2019, why does every video show a different box art for the game?

Something here stinks, and it's not an official odor.

Smedident Evil

I'm not sure. It could just be for their videos.

In Britain, the GameCube case for Resident Evil was like this.

resident-evil.jpg

6627_front.jpg

Uh: I can clearly see which one is better... :sad:

Top Bottom