• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The good sided part of killing zombies.

L

Lurker
Well, me being a pacifist I just have to say this, if you kill zombies' they go to heaven if they havent touched anyone yet. Though they will go to hell if they are such a bitch and kill people.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
There's no heaven for us to go to let alone zombies lol. Those poor bastards have to suffer more than us.

v iBaxter

aintnoscrub;67065 said:
There's no heaven for us to go to let alone zombies lol. Those poor bastards have to suffer more than us.
u dont know that, a very very close relative died recently and trust me its very hard to deal withit thinking they arnt in heaven but i know she is

LordGolbez

La Femme Fatale;67064 said:
I didn't think zombies had souls...

You Are Probably Right.

Weskers Shades;67068 said:
u dont know that, a very very close relative died recently and trust me its very hard to deal withit thinking they arnt in heaven but i know she is

We All Have Our Own Opinions I Suppose. I Am Sorry For Your Loss I Know How Hard It Is As Well.

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
I'm not going to get into a debate over it, however I do know that from what I believe. I've lost close relatives aswell and it didn't change my opinion.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Rathit;67044 said:
Well, me being a pacifist I just have to say this, if you kill zombies' they go to heaven if they havent touched anyone yet. Though they will go to hell if they are such a bitch and kill people.
Let's say this one zombie is killed and he goes to Heaven.
But what about the slayer?
Is it a sin to kill a zombie?
If the zombie doesn't have a soul, does it count as murder? Wait... :ermm: If it doesn't have a sould it can't go to Heaven.

LordGolbez;67053 said:
You do have a point seeing as they really can't think they are just acting on instinct.
If I ever do something bad, I'll say I acted on instinct. I'll probably make the court believe I can't think. :p

Mr Sunshine

Let's say that there is some kind of afterlife.

Let's also say that zombies got new souls after they had became "undead". :ermm:

It doesn't make any difference. It's a matter of survival whether you kill a zombie or a zombie kills you.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;67108 said:
It doesn't make any difference. It's a matter of survival whether you kill a zombie or a zombie kills you.
Imagine you have a choice. This is not about self defense as I see it. If it was self defense then it would be pointless to discuss it. :)

LordGolbez

If I ever do something bad, I'll say I acted on instinct. I'll probably make the court believe I can't think. :p
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Yeah But We Have Brain Function A Zombie Doesn't Care About Anything But Food They Don't Care One Way Or The Other About Who Rules The World. There Is A Big Difference Between Being Able To Control Yourself And Not Having That Ability.

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Well, I think it depends on your operational definition of 'zombie'. I've always assumed zombies are humans that have died and it is only their body that re-animates itself. So - if there is an afterlife, we can assume that the soul left the body upon death and went wherever it was supposed to go. The body left on Earth/the zombie is a just a shell - it's not a human with a soul. Therefore, a zombie can't go to heaven or hell - only the person it was prior to death can.

So, imo, killing a zombie is of little consequence, at least spiritually - because the person you're killing is already dead and gone. It's like crushing a hermit shell if there's no (or rather- a dead) hermit crab inside - you couldn't have killed the hermit because it was already gone...

tremor

4 itchy tasty
Premium
La Femme Fatale;67130 said:
Well, I think it depends on your operational definition of 'zombie'. I've always assumed zombies are humans that have died and it is only their body that re-animates itself. So - if there is an afterlife, we can assume that the soul left the body upon death and went wherever it was supposed to go. The body left on Earth/the zombie is a just a shell - it's not a human with a soul. Therefore, a zombie can't go to heaven or hell - only the person it was prior to death can.

Are you reading my mind Femme? :lol:

I was sitting here reading the thread, and I refreshed it to see if anyone else had said anything before I posted my two sense.

Mr Sunshine

It depends on the zombie! RE zombies aren't dead! They have just mutated due to a virus! :lol: xD

Seriously now there was a big IF in my aspect. That zombies have a second soul. In fact we can't discuss 100% logically for imaginary things, which makes this conversation pointless. Well whatever...

Romero said:
Imagine you have a choice. This is not about self defense as I see it. If it was self defense then it would be pointless to discuss it.

Why would I want too kill a cute harmless zombie? :confused:

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Fallen91;67135 said:
It depends on the zombie! RE zombies aren't dead! They have just mutated due to a virus! :lol: xD
I disagree. IMO, a human being has to be dead before they become a zombie. Remember, in all the games and the movies - when a living character is bitten, they become infected but remain living... it is only once they die that they become a zombie - ie they become re-animated by unnatural means - in this case the viruses.
Seriously now there was a big IF in my aspect. That zombies have a second soul. In fact we can't discuss 100% logically for imaginary things, which makes this conversation pointless. Well whatever...
I know it's a useless conversation, but what would make you think zombies could have 'second souls?'

LMAO @ Weskers Shades. No sh!t.

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Fallen91;67135 said:
Hmmmm that's a point there.

Why would I want too kill a cute harmless zombie? :confused:
Because you want its cute fur? :confused: Make up a reason if you haven't got one.

Weskers Shades;67136 said:
and zombies arnt even real ?
Oh you know wery well that they are real in our world. :p The world of RE fandom. ^_^

Mr Sunshine

La Femme Fatale;67137 said:
... it is only once they die that they become a zombie - ie they become re-animated by unnatural means - in this case the viruses..

Not Always! I can remember Marvin, the RPD officer, in RE 2 being there almost dead but still breathing and all of a sudden his skin turns white and he makes an attack!

La Femme Fatale said:
... I know it's a useless conversation, but what would make you think zombies could have 'second souls?'

Nothing! I just imagined that. If a zombie does have another soul(different to the one he had while being human) after his death it's like 85% pointless to discuss but if it doesn't have a soul then -like you said- a zombie can't go to heaven or hell, which makes it 100% pointless to discuss! :D

Edited:
Romero said:
Because you want its cute fur? Make up a reason if you haven't got one.

I would probably go to hell then.

pointless but interesting conversation btw!

bruno

Chief Researcher

So, imo, killing a zombie is of little consequence, at least spiritually - because the person you're killing is already dead and gone. It's like crushing a hermit shell if there's no (or rather- a dead) hermit crab inside - you couldn't have killed the hermit because it was already gone...

I don't actually believe in souls or the afterlife, but this is the smartest answers. I only disagree on the part that people having to die before becoming zombies (but that's another topic). But at some point of the infections, the infected start acting like animals, so i believe that's the moment they lose their "souls" (i mean, when they start having uncontrollable hunger or being over-agressive)

La Femme Fatale

The Queen
Fallen91;67139 said:
Not Always! I can remember Marvin, the RPD officer, in RE 2 being there almost dead but still breathing and all of a sudden his skin turns white and he makes an attack!
Who is to say he didn't succumb to his wounds and 'die' the moment before he stood up, though? :p

The reason I believe that RE zombies are dead is because those who are infected whilst still living lose their higher brain functions, leaving them with only the cerebrum which controls movement, hunger, thirst, smell, etc. Zombies lack the function of the medulla oblongata, and this controls respiration and circulation (note that Marvin turned purple/white before he attacked Leon/Claire, this typically happens when circulation is lost).

No living being apart from David Blaine can last very long without extracting oxygen and removing carbon dioxide... so even if you were still alive before becoming a zombie, you'd 'die' within a matter of seconds - minutes at most because your medulla oblongata's lack of function disables you from taking in oxygen. There are several instances where RE zombies spend an extrodinary amount of time under water and other compact spaces, which tells us they are not breathing - therefore they cannot be living. Unlike you and I, zombies do not need to breathe to survive. ;)

But at some point of the infections, the infected start acting like animals, so i believe that's the moment they lose their "souls" (i mean, when they start having uncontrollable hunger or being over-agressive)
I agree. Although, I co-incide the body's lost of soul with lost of life, but that's just me. :)

Top Bottom