• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The difference between RE and RE Director's Cut

Samurai Burton

I hope This is Not My Blood!
In The Original When You Find Forest He Is Just Plain Dead, But In Dc Version He Gets Up As Zombie Forest Stronger Than The Usual Zombies And Attacks Very Sad Having To Kill A Fellow Team Member!

Bryan Juarez

Which would be the best one to purchase? I have a PS3and Directors Cut is available as a full download or should I buy a used copy of the original on amazon

Ksw1zz

I now own both the original and directors cut versions. Never knew the enemies in the original were way tougher. The 'original' mode in directors cut is the easier Japanese game rather than the harder Western game. Im no expert, but used to blow through the directors cut version all the time. Wanted to buy an original copy to play. Died a handful of times, mainly from hunters they def take more punishment. I no Tyrant's first encounter takes 3-4 magnum shots in DC but 6-7 shots in the original.

Last edited:

Billy Coen

I've only ever played the Director's Cut (not counting the remake). I heard the soundtrack is actually different from the original game but I don't know if that's true because I never played the original.

Also I know from reading sources online that the Director's Cut was supposed to contain uncensored cutscenes but Capcom forgot to include those. Wh00000ps!!!
Only the Dual Shock version. The original Director's cut has the same soundtrack as the original game.

Most of the new soundtrack is inferior to the original. The Basement Theme, for example, sucks in the new soundtrack.

BioLence

You know what´s funny?, you can play the original Director´s cut using the analogs if you use a 3rd party controller LOL, is the most stupid thing ever.

Besides the soundtrack, i believe there´s another difference between Original DC and Dualshock Ver but i don´t remember what it was, it was minor anyway.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
A quick comparison, using the most infamous piece of music from DualShock Version as a base.

If you look at the DualShock version as being the work of a man who was known to be deaf... it still sounds ridiculous. But perhaps more understandable.

Billy Coen

The Basement Theme sucks so much in the Dual Shock Version. It isn't scary at all, but hilarious.

But there are some good gems in Dual Shock's soundtrack. I think Forest's Theme is great:

1995umk3

LOL This is the first track I heard in RE when i was in elementary school in 4th grade I think, I rented it or bought, don't remember.

My friend back then let me borrow it but he had the original one with the long box, I only made it to kenneth and some other part then returned it back because it was giving me goosebumps. It was also near impossible for me to move around the game because I was just introduced to this type of way of moving, evertime i tried to move my character in the game it would just spin in circles.

The music sounded different too, so thats another difference, the hunters also take more damage before going down in the oringinal RE.

I bumped, but I saw someone else bump old threads and nobody said anything.

Last edited:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
When I saw someone post on this ancient and moldy thread, I was hoping for some discussion on that terrible song - and lo and behold, I was not disappointed. That song is atrocious and destroys all atmosphere in the basement.

My only hope is that there is an Easter egg in a later game where I can replace all RE8 music with that banger.

D

Deleted member 21244

The dualshock versione soundtrack sound like a 8 bit game, they are pretty bad

1995umk3

I heard the game like that when I first saw a friend of mine many many years back play it in his living room. My first thoughts about it was that how different it was and how it gives you goosebumps.

Forests theme (the altered one) was the very first that I heard when my friend was playing it, and the whole thing was just eerie feeling but i was so interested it in to see what else and special spooks it had. I was only 8 years old i think so I wanted to explore this particual game since my friend had it with more other classics.

I only heard of mario, mortal kombat, golden eye, starfox during that time, resident evil was something to have on you're playstation during the 90s for shure. The original R.E 1996 OST is much better tbh.

Original Forest Theme:

Last edited:
Top Bottom