• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The bots!

Cure Zombrex

All this spam is getting to be so persistent. Can you not add a verification game or something like this, for new members to complete so we don't get all this spam showing up on the forum? That'd be great.

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I haven't seen anyone around lately so I'm sure they're all busy and will get to all the spam when they get back. It is annoying but just try to be patient.:wink:

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
Possibly, I'm not sure about the specifics behind the update. We haven't had the new design that long though, there are probably still some kinks that need to be ironed out.

No worries, I'm sure Steve is on top of it.

Cure Zombrex

Yeah. I'm also hopeful people will remember this forum even exists after E3. Because as you know, forums have died out over the past few years.

MisterScott

I
Yeah. I'm also hopeful people will remember this forum even exists after E3. Because as you know, forums have died out over the past few years.

I miss the IMDB forums, too bad they let the trolls win and get it disbanded because I had a lot of good memories on that forum, hopefully his one doesn’t end up like that.

Cure Zombrex

The IMDb forums were the first message boards I ever joined. 16 May, 2003 to be exact. I was called Budgerigar, but someone reported me and all my posts got deleted. One thing I did like about the forums was that they had post boards for every person or film that they had listed, and since I have an entry on there, people could have talked about my film appearances, although I didn't start appearing in films until 2010. Then I joined TotallyRE and reHorror not long after I registered on IMDb. You're right, though. Their forums ended up complete garbage. It's great that some forums about the games and movies we still like are even around, in a smaller capacity, even if people aren't posting on them as much as they did years ago.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm4914520/

I was meant to have a speaking part in a film called Home Away from Home, but it was reduced to a walk-on part. I appear briefly in a girl's flat, but my total time in the film was about 5 seconds. And in Redcon-1, I played a zombie who attacks a marine. I'm sure that scene will be cut to bits as well, but at least I got to stand near an actor who has been in movies with Jackie Chan. Mark Strange.

MisterScott

Thanks for sharing your IMDB page and it’s Good too see someone else who remembers IMDB during its heyday, too bad it went from a decent movie discussion forum to a bunch of miserable people complaining about every movie they saw, which is what led to its demise and that isn’t the only threat to the existence of forums there is also a big agenda going on in the internet world (most likely by companies) to phase out forums in favour of using social media sites like Facebook and Twitter, personally I hate that because most of my friends don’t share my interests and it goes without saying that those sorts of sites have all sorts of things going on which leaves little time for dedicated discussions about a particular topic and all the game/movie fan groups are poorly organised and often come and go in the blink of a eye which makes those sites completely unreliable for that purpose, sooner or later the closest thing we would have left is reddit and I really hope that doesn’t happen.

Cure Zombrex

Yeah. The first few months of 2019 will be my last spell on forums. I'm getting older and computer screens sometimes hurt my eyes. I'm very myopic, so I have to wear glasses all the darn time. This is why I focus on doing extra work in films, but I do miss out on a lot of parts in local films because of having anxiety. Sometimes, I cannot get anybody to go with me either, besides my sister. Unfortunately, she gets a lot of health issues, so I'm often stuck. Social services are bloody useless.

Anyway, just where is the activity these days on forums? With E3 coming up, had this been a decade and a half ago, people would have been posting like crazy about the future of this franchise. These days, there's hardly any activity whatsoever on any website that I still go to. It's like 90% of the fans from the 2004 period are done with it, but the Internet as we know it has changed, so there's that too.

I don't know. I just feel kind of bored of the Internet these days. On YouTube, I have made my own commentary videos and also uploaded several short films, but since there's hundreds of users on the Internet who can do better videos, I am never going to attract a big audience. That I get. But more than ever, it all feels quite pointless because there's nobody paying any interest in what goes on.

Top Bottom