• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 2 (2019) Super Tyrant Design is a Huge Disappointment(SPOILERS!!!!)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking!
ddtr_by_wesker500_dcybc5d-pre.jpg

When it comes to the Remake's design of the Super Tyrant form of Mr X, I was severely disappointed when I saw it, it just looked like a Mr X version of Birkin's G Stage 1 form.
It's pretty damn lame compared to the monstrous design of the original which really did compliment the name of "SUPER Tyrant".
Even his final battle is pretty anti climatic and it is f**king BLASPHEMY that Leon did not say "Game Over!" upon firing the rocket launcher, BLASPHEMY I SAY!!!

It's a shame because I believe Capcom did an excellent job with Birkin's designs, but they really dropped the ball here for Mr X's final fight.

Though I still really liked his normal form stalking you around the game.

What did you guys think of Mr X in the end?

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
Personally, I love both designs, but for different reasons. I won't argue that the new one's better, but I do think I actually prefer it. I don't know why, but something about him still being clothed feels more menacing to me.

Mr Sunshine

I think they made him shorter which shows in his "super" form. Because of that he also looks a bit chubbier! :lol:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I imagine that being part of Capcom's attempt at a more realistic approach; they changed the protagonists' outfits to something more appropriate for their situation, so it was to be expected that some of the monsters would be given the same treatment. This time Mister X also didn't jump into a pool of lava / molten iron / whatever that was in the original, but "only" got burned by a fire before he decided to mutate a little.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
I think the whole point of the redesign is that it makes his super form look less refined and more chaotic.

Come think of it, once the virus starts to mutate out of control it makes more sense that it grows all over the place. In the original design both arms and the chest area line up in perfect symmetry, which didn't make a lot of sense in the first place.

Top Bottom