• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Spoilers - Future thoughts and hopes

Hardware

Yeah, I've heard of these DLCs a few days ago. Maybe there will be one about Chris or one of his men (given that we got to play as Chris in the main game, albeit briefly, I wouldn't be surprised if we get to play as one of the other guys). The rest will probably just be minigames with no connections to the main plot.

RipvanX

I love how Chris has a nuclear device in his back pocket, like it’s just another day for him being a badass. He even smoked cigarettes with that thing in his arsenal; I am sure that was covered during his procedures and protocol training for Blue Umbrella. The guy seriously doesn’t give a **** anymore.

Hardware

yeah, that tiny bomb obliterating the giant fungus and the whole village was another huuuge stretch. I got called boomer someplace else for pointing it out (seems like you're a boomer for everything these days) and they also added that "in RE games, sh*t always blows up at the end". The fact there used to be a "self-destruction system" in pretty much every Umbrella facility (so one huge bomb or several big bombs) doesn't matter. The scene with Chris smoking gave off huge "Phantom Pain" vibes: yeah, Chris was supposed to be a smoker in RE1, but him smoking at night while wearing black tactical gear...that's Venom Snake. The only difference is that he smokes cigarettes instead of cigars.

Jamesy

I thought resident evil 2 remake was A LOT more enjoyable to play than village.

Just goes to show quality over quantity

Hardware

I thought resident evil 2 remake was A LOT more enjoyable to play than village.

Just goes to show quality over quantity
Dude, the remake of 2 almost brought me to tears by how good it was. I don't care that they messed up the scenarios: it's exactly the kind of game I had been hoping to get from Capcom in the past 20-odd years, down to the most minute details. It's what I was hoping RE4 was going to be (fully-updated & modernized RE formula). Unfortunately, it's probably going to be the last time we'll ever see something like that. As for the "quality vs quantity", I know a lot of people are complaining about Village because it's too short (and it's not a very long game indeed - it just starts slow)...and, as much as I didn't like it, I cannot call it a "low quality game". It's very well done technically-speaking...just like pretty much every triple-A game Capcom churns out (only RE6 had troubles in that regard). My two cents is that it lacked a strong vision: too many people had their say. If you look at this making-of video, I think it's pretty evident: the director insists he wanted the game to be scary and anxiety-inducing and yet Capcom has gone to say they deliberately made it less creepy because of complaints about RE7 (I'd like to meet the guy who complaints that his horror game is too scary, btw: it's like complaining that your strawberry ice cream tastes too much like strawberries).

Jamesy

Dude, the remake of 2 almost brought me to tears by how good it was. I don't care that they messed up the scenarios: it's exactly the kind of game I had been hoping to get from Capcom in the past 20-odd years, down to the most minute details. It's what I was hoping RE4 was going to be (fully-updated & modernized RE formula). Unfortunately, it's probably going to be the last time we'll ever see something like that. As for the "quality vs quantity", I know a lot of people are complaining about Village because it's too short (and it's not a very long game indeed - it just starts slow)...and, as much as I didn't like it, I cannot call it a "low quality game". It's very well done technically-speaking...just like pretty much every triple-A game Capcom churns out (only RE6 had troubles in that regard). My two cents is that it lacked a strong vision: too many people had their say. If you look at this making-of video, I think it's pretty evident: the director insists he wanted the game to be scary and anxiety-inducing and yet Capcom has gone to say they deliberately made it less creepy because of complaints about RE7 (I'd like to meet the guy who complaints that his horror game is too scary, btw: it's like complaining that your strawberry ice cream tastes too much like strawberries).

One thing I am ****ed of with capcom is how they ****ed up resident evil 3 remake.

Re3 was one of my favourite games in the gamecube

Hardware

One thing I am ****ed of with capcom is how they ****ed up resident evil 3 remake.

Re3 was one of my favourite games in the gamecube
I am not that angry about RE3. It wasn't a bad game per se. It just wasn't a good remake of 3. It was more of an arcade version of old-school RE. I hope someday somebody will shed some light on its development, because I am pretty curious to know what happened there.

RipvanX

Capcom seems to love rushing their games through development, even when the game can take up to 5 years to make. It’s disheartening to read all the cut content that would have made the overall products more complete. RE5 beta in particular sounded much more interesting than the bland hoards of generic Majini we got. While I do appreciate the inspirations RE8 took from 3.5, it makes me want to see those concepts even more in REmake 4. This new business model for yearly RE releases will be a danger to overall quality.

Hardware

RE5 seemed like a very, very nice concept...I think that was actually the beginning of Capcom going "oh, screw this: let's throw everything down the toilet and put together something dumb and bombastic because casuals like dumb and bombastic"...which is what seems to have happened with Village too...

MOTU

After completing the main story tonight unlike r2 remake I really have no desire to play it over again. Dont get me wrong it was a fun game but it seems to tedious to play all over again.

That said theres extra content to enjoy like merchaneries etc...
Mercenaries and all the game modes like in Re 7 are seriously retarded and shouldn't belong in a game like Re . don't know why people enjoy getting literally trolled by capcom's stupid / illogical achievements and collectables that can be only collected after hours of rage over how stupid these challenges are .

MOTU

A lot of fanboys are ready to swear it is one of the greatest games in the series. Personally, I think it should've been a separate IP. Or MORE separate IPs: each section felt it belonged to a different game. And the plot is weak as hell because it tries to keep together elements that not only don't fit the RE lore, but don't even fit with each other.
And a lot of fanboys still prefer ancient Re games although they are moving pixels with trash controls ....

MOTU

RE5 seemed like a very, very nice concept...I think that was actually the beginning of Capcom going "oh, screw this: let's throw everything down the toilet and put together something dumb and bombastic because casuals like dumb and bombastic"...which is what seems to have happened with Village too...
why because playing a stationary camera game in 2021 is better ? or having trash controls like in the old RE games ?

MOTU

Red dead redemption got a 10/10 rating On IGN

no resident evil game to date has achieved a 10 out of 10 rating
Who cares about ratings ?? if I listened to old Re fanboys hating on village I wouldn't have played it and seen how much of a masterpiece it is

Hardware

why because playing a stationary camera game in 2021 is better ? or having trash controls like in the old RE games ?
Right, because there's no middle ground between fixed cameras + tank controls and over-the-top, stupid shooter (and I'd take RE5 over 4 any day of the week). We all know it's either everything or nothing and the remake of RE2 (which managed to be classic survival horror in a modern package) never happened.
It is a masterpiece
For sure...btw: welcome to the family, son!

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
I feel like Village is the first game in the series in a long time that didn't get a rushed ending. RE7, REmake 2, and REmake 3 all end kind of abruptly. Village gives us the Chris section before doing their big plot twists and then a proper finale.

One thing I did not love about the game is them killing off every other character you meet. They showed off these characters in trailers like they are supposed to be important or at least fellow survivors for a portion of the game. But the game just uses them as slaughter feed to add a feeling of loneliness for Ethan. I wish at least one other character aside from the enemies and the Duke had some sort of recurring mention or theme.

RipvanX

@MOTU There is also an Ignore option when you highlight specific members, which can be used to hide bigots, trolls, and spam bot posts as well.

Top Bottom