• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*SPOILER* Capcom got hacked, leaked re 8/re 4/ and other

• Thread starter Deleted member 21244
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21244

So there was this rumor that Capcom server got hacked by some people and it was revealed true... This people took 1 terabytes of information from capcom but only 60 gigabyte were leaked about future project including a re 8 dlc, release date, collectors edition (i love the Chris statue by the way) and more
They also leaked a re 8 multiplayer mode, called dominion, (all description are in the link) , I'm actually excited to see how this will play and hoping capcom will not make it end like resistance

Than there is this re 4 VR, maybe a re 4 remake whit VR LOL, since oculos is written on it, well if it's a vr game like Vader immortal or Iron man vr ecc nice job capcom for ruining another remake, but I already knew this, no way they could make a good remake in just two years, at least they didn't do this to code veronica

Also its interesting to not that Sony payed capcom 5 milion dollar for time exclusivity of re 8 demo and dlc

There are picture of the collectors edition in the link by the way and other images..
Re 8 release date is set for April and pre order start on January, the game is set to sell around 10 milion copies, The rest is on the link, for now no re 8, infinite darkness ecc story has been leaked, so I hope capcom do something about it before it's too late

Last edited by a moderator:

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
10 million copies is a big number. For reference, RE7 only sold 7.9 million and RE3R sold as little as 2.9 million copies.

And while I hate that leaks occur, I am very happy to know that April is the projected timeframe for RE8! That's not too far away!

D

Deleted member 21244

10 million copies is a big number. For reference, RE7 only sold 7.9 million and RE3R sold as little as 2.9 million copies.

And while I hate that leaks occur, I am very happy to know that April is the projected timeframe for RE8! That's not too far away!
Yes, it's literally around the corner
Also yesterday they leaked like 4 new resident evil game, onimusha and dragon s dogma 2, anx other games, and that re 4 VR is not re 4 remake thank God, re 4 remake is listed as another game set to be released in 2022

Here is the full list of game

I don't know how capcom will get out of this situation, this people asked a ransom but obviously capcom refused so they begin leaking the data, and i guess they will continue the leak until they're not payed, but even if capcom pay them how can they be sure they will not leak it any other things or ask another ransom?

Rain611

You can't kill me.
What's the best course of action in this situation in your opinion?

Pretty much, Capcom needs to do what they're doing and just cut their losses. By not paying a ransom they are basically telling anyone that wants to hack them that it's not worth the time because they aren't going to get a payday out of it. I would do an in depth security audit and hire some pen testers to find these weak points before someone else does, again. But as for the stuff that's already been compromised, it's going to stay compromised and so there really isn't any way to stop stuff from leaking. They just have to wait it out until everything has leaked and pay more attention to their cyber security situation.

Ark2000

Any theories about what Biohazard Apocalypse and Resident Evil Hank could be? Most of the people i talked to think how BA is most likely Resident Evil 9 and/or final game in "Ethan Winters trilogy", (which makes me worried for what this could mean for Chris considering "His story comes to an end" thing in trailer for Village and that strange picture of "werewolf Chris") and how REH is something involving HUNK. Also, interesting how they are still working on Revelations 3, after original story for it was changed and re-used for Village.

D

Deleted member 21244

Any theories about what Biohazard Apocalypse and Resident Evil Hank could be? Most of the people i talked to think how BA is most likely Resident Evil 9 and/or final game in "Ethan Winters trilogy", (which makes me worried for what this could mean for Chris considering "His story comes to an end" thing in trailer for Village and that strange picture of "werewolf Chris") and how REH is something involving HUNK. Also, interesting how they are still working on Revelations 3, after original story for it was changed and re-used for Village.
Yeah it could probably be re 9, also I remember dusk golem say that resident evil hank is connected to HUNK

Rain611

You can't kill me.
@Rain611 do you think they are ever going to catch the responsible? I heard that Capcom doing an investigation whith both Japanese and American international law enforcement

Also returning to leak, I asked to dusk golem if that outbreak game that leaked was related to the outbreak series and he says it s not outbreak but revelations 3

I can't say for sure. I do know hackers tend to leave a signature on their work but that doesn't guarantee they will be caught. I guess it depends on how good the investigators are and what kind of hints were left behind.

D

Deleted member 21244

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
The best news to come out of this leak is undoubtedly Revelations 3. Nevertheless, I dislike when companies get hacked in such a brutal way like this and innocent employees are directly affected.

D

Deleted member 21244

The best news to come out of this leak is undoubtedly Revelations 3. Nevertheless, I dislike when companies get hacked in such a brutal way like this and innocent employees are directly affected.
Yeah, personal data from costumer in Japan were also leaked, like address, phone number and name... Fortunately no credit card or else

Top Bottom