• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spiritual successor to classic Resident Evil on Kickstarter!!!

EQOAnostalgia

The evil within is going to be amazing but it's not a classic RE with fixed camera angles and all of that. Besides, this is going to be a lot like outbreak file 1 and 2 with a virus meter 4 player co-op, scenerios, turning into a zombie when you die, antivirus and more. This is a RE and Outbreak fans wetdream lol.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
This looks nice, and I may be in a minority on this one, but fixed-camera angles don't scream horror for me. They make me feel detached, like an observer, whereas the first-person/behind-the-back camera makes me feel closer to the character.

And I must point out that spooky mansions were cliched when RE1 came out.

Anyway, if I had money, I would totally back it. I loved the Outbreak games.

EQOAnostalgia

This looks nice, and I may be in a minority on this one, but fixed-camera angles don't scream horror for me. They make me feel detached, like an observer, whereas the first-person/behind-the-back camera makes me feel closer to the character.

And I must point out that spooky mansions were cliched when RE1 came out.

Anyway, if I had money, I would totally back it. I loved the Outbreak games.
Spooky mansions have always been a cliche lol. But i love them! Oh i should mention that the game can be played in third person. Not just fixed camera angles. Vote for it on steam greenlight as well =)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=102324622

Some Nights

No Shape
Is there any gameplay footage? I'm intrigued but I definitely wouldn't be able to contribute until I saw some.

EQOAnostalgia

Is there any gameplay footage? I'm intrigued but I definitely wouldn't be able to contribute until I saw some.
Just a brief bit of it on the official kickstarter page showing the mansion a little. They are supposed to be rolling out a video soon though. Just by looking at the screen shots i can tell this will be worth it if you are into classic RE style survival horror.

EQOAnostalgia

This looks promising. I wonder if my laptop can handle games, I've seen a few indie games that I'd like to give a try.
I'm worried about that too since my PC is pretty crappy. If it goes well i bet they will make a console version of it at some point. They would be crazy not to. I am keeping an eye on the steam greenlight as well as the kickstarter. I am very excited for this!

Top Bottom