• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Spinoff or 7?

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
A remake of the remake of the first game. just like what they did with the Evil dead.
But that's completely different. Evil Dead was a reboot. Not a remake. In REmake, they didn't alter the already established canon, therefore, you can play REmake, then RE2, then RE3, so on and so forth and it all make sense. So if they did yet ANOTHER remake, they would have to update the graphics, and that's about it. They can't alter the story in anyway that would f*ck up the canon. Now a REBOOT would start from scratch and would be the way to start a whole new story and a whole new canon COMPLETELY separate from the existing one that way they can make all these changes.

RustyRedField

Lord Hamster
I'd like to see a direct sequel featuring Claire as the main protagonist, mainly because she's my favorite character . I really don't want to see a reboot of the series I've invested to much time into all of the games ;~;

NextGRE

I would love to see a spin off title but based Between Resident Evil ZERO and Resident Evil. I would love to see what Enrico experienced during his ordeals outside of the mansion during everything before his demise near the end of the first game. I know we've got to experience a bit of what it's like in the raccoon forest but I'd like to see it in a cannon game and not Resident Evil Outbreak. I want to experience going through the Arkly mountains and forest.

I still wish the "Enhanced Veronica" rumor were true so I could see Manuela return.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
I'm on that somewhat Outbreak side.
While I'd still like an idea of co-op here's what I'm thinking.

How about a game where you and friends HAVE to work together to survive.

Here's the catch almost everything must be done with the help of at least one other person. But the game splits you up multiple times. It can vary from splitting up to proceed or while it will take longer, to stick to each others assess.

Another thing is voice chat. You have to communicate but the farther you get the harder it is to hear them.

I'd like the Evil Within setting of the villiage. Or a hospital really.

One last thing could be that while guns aren't rare but the ammo is.

TJay

Premium

Not sure what to think about that. I tend not to listen to gossip with no real source in general anyway. But that seems absolutely bizarre! If I'm not mistaken the 2002 gamecube game was REZero & I see no obvious reason why that would be "remade".

Unless it's simply a hint Rebecca will be back (lord help us).

Meh...

On the subject of the thread, I wish they'd stop with the spin-offs now actually. In fact I'd quite like them to be thinking about tying things up within the next game to give the story a nice ending - don't see that happening though.

JujuLodestar

Lurking is my jam.
Not sure what to think about that. I tend not to listen to gossip with no real source in general anyway. But that seems absolutely bizarre! If I'm not mistaken the 2002 gamecube game was REZero & I see no obvious reason why that would be "remade".

Unless it's simply a hint Rebecca will be back (lord help us).

Meh...

On the subject of the thread, I wish they'd stop with the spin-offs now actually. In fact I'd quite like them to be thinking about tying things up within the next game to give the story a nice ending - don't see that happening though.
It's fake that guy is a fraud.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I know hes a dueche bag but its the only news weve had in forever .... even fake news is better than none

TJay

Premium
I know hes a dueche bag but its the only news weve had in forever .... even fake news is better than none

I'm inclined to disagree actually. If it's from somebody who people in general (I didn't but judging by the comments on the article and here) know as a fraud, it's probably best not to spread it.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree with Moonlight...Fake news isn't good at ALL because all it does is DISAPPOINT people if the fake news is overhyped and due to the over hype BETTER than the legitimate news...

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I honestly think this is the best RE news in some time. I hope that this means we'll see RE0 re-released in the same way. I mean, they'll already have a beautiful, new HD Rebecca model on hand...

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I honestly think this is the best RE news in some time. I hope that this means we'll see RE0 re-released in the same way. I mean, they'll already have a beautiful, new HD Rebecca model on hand...
- I agree !!! I cant wait for this on my PS4 ! Too bad its a digital only release, hopefully it gets a retail release also

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
- I agree !!! I cant wait for this on my PS4 ! Too bad its a digital only release, hopefully it gets a retail release also
It will cost them too much to do a retail release. However, buy it digitally to show them that THIS is what fans have been waiting for, so that games that come out after this, are similarly made, and WILL be retail (Such as RE7)

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
Well since Leon is a very populer i think that he should have his own spin-off series. and as for the main series well i think that a re-remake should be done.
Well . . . You can't Remake a remake because then you're just remaking the first game . . . again.

Any way, I say Spin off. Or something Like Code Veronica 2 or Revelations 2.

Top Bottom