• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

South Park: The Stick Of Truth

aintnoscrub

PSN: floaty_McTurd
Premium
Just wondering how many people are actually interested in this, i got it yesterday morning and played for about 2 hours, and am thoroughly enjoying it.
when i first saw gameplay for it, i thought to myself i don't fancy a 3d side scroller type of game, but then i thought again what do i actually expect from a SP game??
visually it's just like playing through an episode of south park, and all the voices are original which is a bonus, is not all script taken from the episodes, it's a completely new unique script, which is a huge bonus

so thoughtS?

Turo602

The King of Kings
There isn't much I can say for this game, it's just South Park as a video game, and that's a good thing. I remember having lots of fun with the South Park game on N64, humor alone, so I do look forward to this game. I haven't played it yet nor do I plan on getting it any time soon. The RPG aspect doesn't sit too well with me, but I'll definitely get it when I can.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
I'm getting it.
It actually looks pretty funny to play and the fact it's made like an episode with references here there for various games and episodes, and other tv shows alike.

I'm not sure how fun it will be but I think the comedic Value will be worth it

aintnoscrub

Premium
i'm playing more of it today before work and it just keeps getting better. there's so much to do in terms of main quests and side quests, and you get the whole town to explore, which is a lot bigger than you think it'd be.
i like the fact you play a the new kid in town, rather than taking over an existing character, because that gives you a chance to interact with all the SP characters, so far it's a massive win for SP

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
South Park as a good game? I'm surprised but maybe I shouldn't be. Anyway, I enjoy the broadcasted version and I'll continue with that. :smile:

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
I remember hearing about this game ages ago and I though it was just gonna be another bad attempt at making a South Park game. But just looking at some videos on youtube and it actually looks really good. First of all it's a rpg and I love those. Secondly, it looks and sounds exactly like the show which I think was a much better idea than making it 3d.

I haven't watched the show in years though cause I just started to find the humor to be a little bit too immature and I kinda got sick of it after a while. But I have to say, this game does look fun.

aintnoscrub

Premium
I really want the game, it looks just like the show and plus it's an RPG
i would really recommend pickig it up when you can, im a fair way into it now, and am still thoroughly enjoying it, the story is progressing well, and i've just had to fight al gore dressed as man bear pig which was a a huge win lol.

I remember hearing about this game ages ago and I though it was just gonna be another bad attempt at making a South Park game. But just looking at some videos on youtube and it actually looks really good. First of all it's a rpg and I love those. Secondly, it looks and sounds exactly like the show which I think was a much better idea than making it 3d.

I haven't watched the show in years though cause I just started to find the humor to be a little bit too immature and I kinda got sick of it after a while. But I have to say, this game does look fun.
i felt the same way when i first heard about it, because i've been a massive fan of SP for as long as i can remember, and didn't feel very confident this would play well, but so far it's really hit the nail on the head.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
Well I'm downloading it on PS3 atm. I just had to get it after hearing so much positive stuff about it and a enjoy a good 'ol rpg.

rondachewarrior

I'm not predjudiced, I hate everybody equally.
When I first saw it, it didn't really look that interesting to me and one of my favorite authors Terry Goodkind was promoting it. But after I saw a fellow youtuber upload a couple of playthroughs and a livestreamer play it, it looked hilarious as hell but the thing is, I'm not spending $60 on a game lol, probably just wait for special deals on Steam.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Okay
So this game is actually really fun to play. If you explore you won't be dissapointed, I havnt found a side quest I didn't want to play. The jokes are nice references to other episodes and games. (Skyrim, game of thrones, cod ect)
I recommend this game if you love the episodes. Beware of it's close to the bone crude humor on some parts though, if you're easily offended then it might not be for you.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
They censored certain parts on the EU version. For example, the anal probing scenes. They just cut them out and replaced them with a censored screen lol.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
They censored certain parts on the EU version. For example, the anal probing scenes. They just cut them out and replaced them with a censored screen lol.
Only the console version
I'm in UK and playing the PC version. I expected them to be censored but was...errr surprised to see that I had control over what was...going on...

aintnoscrub

Premium
to be honest, this whole censored thing is a load of rubbish, i've seen all the censored scenes on youtube, and it's typical south park....so for them to be censored is an insult to a south park fan

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
What the hell is happening to the EU.... I thought the European editions were the least censored versions (perhaps except Germany). I wouldn't be too surprised if they censored extreme violence, but an anal probe...?? Who is running the EU these days? The Vatican?

EU is not exactly the same as Europe, so maybe people inside the EU can order from countries outside of the union. Like Switzerland or Norway.

Top Bottom