• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 Soooo... It was nothing but lies and rumors... Capcom drops the ball!

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
Very disappointed this year was really craving a new RESIDENT EVIL too .... :( Well, thats the end for Capcom for me. They didnt bring anything new to the table . Seems their new milker for the next year or so is dead rising 3 with **** DLC and a PC port. Nothing to see here . Move it along ...

wayne

E3 isnt over yet its still only like 2 or 3 something in LA So they might announce it towards the end.... its seems really unlikely now though :/

HELLBOY1980

Maybe. just maybe ............
August 13-17 - Gamescom 2014

September 18 - 21 - Tokyo Game Show

Save those dates!

wayne

Either way sometime this year there must be some announcement but theres been too many rumours for it to be fake for me to be honest.... bur still e3 isnt over so there is still a chance :) even if not i got rise of the tomb raider and uncharted 4 to look forward too :D

black 93

Well thats it, e3 is officially over and not a single scrap of resi was seen anywhere. Seriously starting to think capcom are abandoning this series, what with sll the rumours and the hype and then boom nothing. Nothin concrete from capcom at all. Wow im ****ed off

Turo602

The King of Kings
Overreacting much? Resident Evil is Capcom's top franchise. It's more important than Street Fighter. Capcom isn't responsible for trolls creating false hype that people should have taken with a grain of salt to begin with. If they aren't ready to show off a new Resident Evil game yet, then so be it. It doesn't mean it won't happen because common sense says it's currently in development. When it's ready to be shown off, they'll show it, so calm the hell down.

black 93

Overreacting much? Resident Evil is Capcom's top franchise. It's more important than Street Fighter. Capcom isn't responsible for trolls creating false hype that people should have taken with a grain of salt to begin with. If they aren't ready to show off a new Resident Evil game yet, then so be it. It doesn't mean it won't happen because common sense says it's currently in development. When it's ready to be shown off, they'll show it, so calm the hell down.
fair do's man, guess i am overreacting abit. Just got super hyped when i saw that enhanced veronica screenshot. Pretty frustrating though how capcom havent even said yes or no as to whether their makin a new one

HELLBOY1980

Honestly ... they may have had a game then they saw the evil within and bloodborne and decided to scrap it !!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I'm not disappointed at all...What would disappoint me IS seeing a new RE game at this E3, and here's why...

1. Resident Evil 6 hasn't even been out for 2 years...So a new RE game would be rushing it...
2. If it really IS possible to go the route of good ol' survival horror, they should wait until "The Evil Within" drops. Because let's say it TANKS sales wise, then Capcom isn't going to make a new RE game like that, and who could blame them?
3. It would mean Leon isn't it, because right now his Voice Actor is touring doing conventions ABOUT the Character...While Leon not being in a game isn't exactly a huge deal, that's just something for some of us Leon fans to think about lol.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Well, no one said it had to be RE7. Revelations, Operation Raccoon City and RE6 all came out in the same year, right? And while I thought that was a little much for just one year, it proves that Capcom can keep us entertained without the breaks in-between games getting too long. Now it's a little unusual that there will be nothing at all in 2014, it seems (and no, I'm not counting the umpteenth re-release of RE4 as something new), and technically we haven't had anything since 2012 because last year only brought us the PC version of RE6 and the PC/consoles port of Revelations. I wasn't really expecting 7 to be released anytime soon anyway, but an official announcement that goes a little beyond "There will be a new game!" would have been nice. I mean, they should have a few ideas by now.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Well, no one said it had to be RE7. Revelations, Operation Raccoon City and RE6 all came out in the same year, right? And while I thought that was a little much for just one year, it proves that Capcom can keep us entertained without the breaks in-between games getting too long. Now it's a little unusual that there will be nothing at all in 2014, it seems (and no, I'm not counting the umpteenth re-release of RE4 as something new), and technically we haven't had anything since 2012 because last year only brought us the PC version of RE6 and the PC/consoles port of Revelations. I wasn't really expecting 7 to be released anytime soon anyway, but an official announcement that goes a little beyond "There will be a new game!" would have been nice. I mean, they should have a few ideas by now.
But that was a special occasion. All those games came out that year because it was the 15th anniversary year, which was made out to be a big deal. That said, it still doesn't alter the point about learning from either the success OR failure of The Evil Within...And yes, as much as I hate to admit it, The Evil Within COULD flop...

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
I wasn't trying to alter your point; The Evil Within isn't even out yet and it's already overrated, so I'm not going to say anything about that. I'm just saying I can understand the general disappointment because before 2013, there was at least something almost every year, although I think it's exaggerated to say "I'm done with Capcom" just because it's not like that again this year. We need to get used to waiting, I suppose.

Turo602

The King of Kings
I wasn't surprised they didn't have anything but honestly, it's not like it's too soon. An announcement or cock-tease trailer doesn't mean "coming this year." Resident Evil 2, 4, and 5, anyone? If anything, something showcasing horror even if it's so subtle and last 30 seconds would be a better sign than what they did with Resident Evil 6's 5 3 minute trailers spoiling everything and blowing **** up everywhere. Not having much to show is usually a good sign for a survival horror game.

But that was a special occasion. All those games came out that year because it was the 15th anniversary year, which was made out to be a big deal. That said, it still doesn't alter the point about learning from either the success OR failure of The Evil Within...And yes, as much as I hate to admit it, The Evil Within COULD flop...

The Evil Within will most likely flop or achieve very minimal success. It's just the way people are these days, which is exactly why Capcom went into the action route to begin with. They've already said survival horror is "not profitable." So it's a terrible idea for Capcom to try to take success into account. Their expectations for this series have been high enough, so they should really focus on making Resident Evil a smaller project.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I wasn't surprised they didn't have anything but honestly, it's not like it's too soon. An announcement or cock-tease trailer doesn't mean "coming this year." Resident Evil 2, 4, and 5, anyone? If anything, something showcasing horror even if it's so subtle and last 30 seconds would be a better sign than what they did with Resident Evil 6's 5 3 minute trailers spoiling everything and blowing **** up everywhere. Not having much to show is usually a good sign for a survival horror game.

The Evil Within will most likely flop or achieve very minimal success. It's just the way people are these days, which is exactly why Capcom went into the action route to begin with. They've already said survival horror is "not profitable." So it's a terrible idea for Capcom to try to take success into account. Their expectations for this series have been high enough, so they should really focus on making Resident Evil a smaller project.
I won't like. I don't expect it to flop. There is a LOT of hype for that game. I'm more worried about it being REALLY hyped up, then the game sucks. Let's face it, if the hype is good, then people will buy it. It doesn't matter if it sucks...Due to the hype, millions would have been made off the initial release, and the company doesn't need to worry. It's say "What can go wrong, Shinji Mikami" is behind this game, but most gamers aren't exactly like us here, and have NO idea who Shinji Mikami is, or else they'd be here...

Top Bottom