• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Song covers that are better than the original

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Few more:

Kiss Me by Jason Walker

Smooth Criminal by Alien Ant Farm

Boys of Summer by The Ataris

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Boys of Summer by The Ataris
Boys of Summer is a GREAT Cover.

Ninja Sex Party - Your Eyes (Originally by Peter Gabriel)
Billy Idol - Don't You Forget About Me (Originally by Simple Minds)
Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Originally by Robert Hazard)

trag

LOL, I was going hard on Orgy's first two albums the other week (Candy Ass and Vapor Transmission). I loved them back in the late 90s and to be honest, I still really enjoy those albums. My music tastes have vastly changed since I was a teenager but Orgy had a really cool sound and they wrote some really catchy tunes.

I don't necessarily think this version is better than the original but I recently heard Siouxsie and the Banshees version of The Beatles 'Dear Prudence', it's really great.

dear prudence

UniqTeas

G Virus Experiment
The Man Who Sold The World by David Bowie is a great song and Bowie performs it great, but the song has TWO great covers that are just as good or better than the original. It is hard to define if they're better since the original is such a banger.

In 1982, Midge Ure produced his cover which is SUPER defined by the sounds of the 80's, but is also SUPER haunting. It is also the opening title track to Metal Gear Solid 5. It feels great to listen to and you can play it during a lot of the gameplay too, so that is an added bonus.

Then, OBVIOUSLY we have the Nirvana cover. Kurt plays the song beautifully and Krist and Dave are both gentle with the back of the song. The Nirvana Unplugged set is one of the most famous live recordings of all time and this song fits beautifully in the center of it.

I wonder how Bowie liked these alternate versions?

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Wow, I can't believe this thread is nearly two years old already.
I just wanted to showcase an awesome YMO song which has been covered multiple times; and one rendition I didn't even know it was a cover until this year, but has been one of my favourite songs Clapton ever recorded.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
If I Die Young, covered by Michael Henry and Justin Robinett

Top Bottom