• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Something bugging me about Chris and Ada... (potential spoilers)

Gar Bageman

The Spirit of Rock 'n' Roll
I was playing Chris' second chapter a bit ago and got to the point where Chris and his brain trust happen upon Carl who quite plainly introduces herself as Ada Wong. My problem is this; How did her name not ring ANY bells for Chris? Are we to believe both Claire AND Leon conveniently left her out any and every time they may have spoken about the s*it in Raccoon or any of Leon's other encounters? Or is there some other thing I'm just not getting/remembering that would explain his behavior?

Darkness

Infected
that's a good question

I remember in RE5, Chris says that the Majiini are similar to "the Ganados detailed in the Kennedy report" or something like that. This leads me to believe that Chris and the BSAA were briefed on Leon's entire experience in RE4, which would most definitely include Ada. So it is odd that he doesn't know who she is.

10 pts. for critical thinking

masterfortesque

I'm not so sure that means Ada is known by everyone. She is a mysterious figure Leon rather doesn't talk about. I wouldn't be surprised if Ada is left out or mentioned as fake name.

Actually, some bells might ring in Chris's head, but that doesn't mean he has to go "I know you" on everyone.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Why didn't I see this thread up until now?

I don't think Chris knew about Ada before RE6. Claire had nothing to do with her in RE2, she might have heard her name once or twice, but why would she tell Chris? For all she knows, Ada is a civilian who used to help Leon, but eventually got killed. We know that Claire told him about Sherry, but Ada? There's actually no point.

Leon and Ada have a strange relationship that is neither exactly friendly nor professional. His assignment was to save Ashley, so he did, and I don't see a reason why he should mention Ada in his report. Even if there was one, he would find a way to leave her out of it because he has a crush on her and doesn't want her to get into trouble. Also, he's not exactly best friends with Chris, so I don't see them get together for a cup of tea and talk about old crushes.

Chris might have come across Ada's name before, but who can actually remember every single name they ever heard or read? So I think it's entirely possible that the name doesn't ring a bell.

I was playing Chris' second chapter a bit ago and got to the point where Chris and his brain trust happen upon Carl who quite plainly introduces herself as Ada Wong. My problem is this; How did her name not ring ANY bells for Chris? Are we to believe both Claire AND Leon conveniently left her out any and every time they may have spoken about the s*it in Raccoon or any of Leon's other encounters? Or is there some other thing I'm just not getting/remembering that would explain his behavior?
That is a good ass point! How did I not realize that?!

If Leon was professional he should have mentioned Ada in his experience and his report. In RE4 Leon said, "Is it true?...YOU working with Wesker." Leon had heard about this, so her name does float around and since Wesker was involved Chris should have had a similar if not the same source of information.

Sure no one remembers every name they come across, but Chris is the determined type he would remember that name and anybody working for or with Wesker. I think the best theory to point to is a hiccup in the writing. Because now that you mentioned this, Chris should have knew Ada's name.

Cyber cookies for you Daburcor.

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
Yep, unless Leon never mentioned Ada in his report, and he is not a professional when it comes to her.

Ok, that's a good point too, :confused: but I still have reason to believe that her name is out there. She may be a spy, but she's a spy that's has worked for and screwed over huge bio engineering companies. As hard as Chris works towards finding out about that stuff he should have came across her name before.

Flipqy42

Nevermore
I agree that Leon probably never mentioned her in any reports. It would look bad if a government agent let a spy who had stolen a dangerous parasite escape, so Leon left her name out.

TJay

Premium
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ada's name mentioned in several reports as far back as RE One & used as a password for a computer or something?

There is no doubt in my mind, that he will have heard *of* her before. Whether or not he'd instantly recognise the name is another matter.

Reactions: 013

Aleck

Biohazard
I think he forgot her name since RE1 was a long time ago now and also, he was suffering from some sort of amnesia in RE6. It is only reasonable to assume he would have trouble having recollection of every person he's ever known by name, much less of someone he never met in person.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Ada's name mentioned in several reports as far back as RE One & used as a password for a computer or something?
Oh my goodness yes! I forgot about that!

also, he was suffering from some sort of amnesia in RE6. It is only reasonable to assume he would have trouble having recollection of every person he's ever known by name, much less of someone he never met in person.
It was "Ada's" attack that caused his amnesia. He didn't have it untill after he met her.

As for just plain out forgetting, it is a possibility, but as I stated in an earlier post, Ada's name most likely floats around, and Chris dedicates his life to taking down people who work for bio terror organizations or been involved with them some way like the ones Ada has. The name should have rang a bell.

Aleck

Biohazard
Oh yea...The Resident Evil 6 story is so confusing to me, I always miss something. It's so complicated and unnecessarily so in my opinion. So then possibly the writers missed one and Chris should know about Ada? They'd have to come up with a clever file to explain how he missed knowing about her throughout the years or maybe they'll just pull a Paul Anderson and blow it off completely.;)

Reactions: 013

Oh yea...The Resident Evil 6 story is so confusing to me, I always miss something. It's so complicated and unnecessarily so in my opinion. So then possibly the writers missed one and Chris should know about Ada? They'd have to come up with a clever file to explain how he missed knowing about her throughout the years or maybe they'll just pull a Paul Anderson and blow it off completely.;)
No kidding. I was actually thinking about making a topic about the oddities of RE6's story. There are quite a few. :oops:

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium

Good point! I totally forgot about that. But I just finished replaying Remake, and the letter from Ada's boyfriend in which he explains the password thing is actually the only document with her name (in this game at least). And we don't see Chris again after that until RE5 (except for CV, but at that time he wasn't doing the job he's doing today). So no matter how often (if at all) Ada's name comes up in any documents from RE2, 3 or 4, Chris probably hasn't read them.

Also, since we don't know what exactly is canon about RE1 (since Chris and Jill's scenarios don't seem to coexist like Leon and Claire's in RE2), we don't know if Chris ever read John's letter, or if it was Jill. Even if he did, though - it says just "Ada." There's no "Wong" anywhere, and I guess there's more than just one Ada around. (I remember having a woman with that name in my Spanish course last year.)

Someone else made another good point by saying that Chris would naturally remember the names of people who work with Wesker, but for all I know, Ada never worked with him again after betraying him in RE4, and I'm still sure Leon left her out of his famous "Kennedy Report".

hogwartskid7

Ex-Umbrella Scientist
I think the reason he doesn't know about Ada is because it was probably too painful for Leon after Raccoon City to talk about her. But then, after the Los Illuminados incident, I think Leon was sort of trying to protect Ada, so he never told.

TJay

Premium
Good point! I totally forgot about that. But I just finished replaying Remake, and the letter from Ada's boyfriend in which he explains the password thing is actually the only document with her name (in this game at least). And we don't see Chris again after that until RE5 (except for CV, but at that time he wasn't doing the job he's doing today). So no matter how often (if at all) Ada's name comes up in any documents from RE2, 3 or 4, Chris probably hasn't read them.

Also, since we don't know what exactly is canon about RE1 (since Chris and Jill's scenarios don't seem to coexist like Leon and Claire's in RE2), we don't know if Chris ever read John's letter, or if it was Jill. Even if he did, though - it says just "Ada." There's no "Wong" anywhere, and I guess there's more than just one Ada around. (I remember having a woman with that name in my Spanish course last year.)

Someone else made another good point by saying that Chris would naturally remember the names of people who work with Wesker, but for all I know, Ada never worked with him again after betraying him in RE4, and I'm still sure Leon left her out of his famous "Kennedy Report".

That's an excellent point! I'd forgot about the dodgy cannon of RE One.

I don't think it's very likely Claire wouldn't have mentioned her/known her. Ada did know who Sherry was after all, despite them having no proper interaction to my knowledge.

I think it's likely, Chris had heard of her & just couldn't place the name. OR a wild theory is that he knew she was a fake.

Aleck

Biohazard
No kidding. I was actually thinking about making a topic about the oddities of RE6's story. There are quite a few. :oops:

I don't see why you shouldn't if you really want to talk about it? I don't often discuss RE6, I just read what you all talk about, but there are many RE6 threads dedicated to anything and everything about it. Another thread dedicated to the oddities of Resident Evil 6 would be okay I think.

Checkmate! I think you just won this case.:D

You guys made some good points but I still think he should have heard of her and remembered considering her involvement in the events. :confused: Oh well, it's not the first time the writing has been off.

Spikeyroxas

Pencil Artist
Premium
Okay, so even if Leon never mentioned her when he was hired by the government, or in the re4 report.
What about the International Arrest Warrant handed out for Ada by the BSAA themselves in Resident evil Damnation

Top Bottom