• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Some extra Chris info to tide you over

Jay

K.I.N.G.
-Id say they need to continue the franchise with jake and the new younger entries into the series as of late maybe even new fresh recruits with back stories that lead back to the mansion or raccoon city that evolved themselves or a family member. They could keep Leon on like the new Barry have him as mission support or drop in every now and then to save their butts! Not to hate on jill,chris, or the rest of the cast i love them all, but they need to have a tragedy of one of the main characters losing their life to move on the story and give a deep meaning for the rest of the characters to press on even stronger and develop new revenge stories and more story archs. - Resident evil 6 looks to be frsh and tieing up all loose ends in the process.

Right, they would have to take a new direction with the series. Which is what Capcom will have to do eventually if they want to keep the franchise fresh and going.

I doubt this series will end unless the games stop selling.

When I said that I meant the main franchise. Several of us talked about this before, and think it should end by RE7 or 8.
Think about it, with everyone aging, how many more bioterrorist attacks can there really be before it gets repetitive?
Eventually Capcom will have to do something new. Maybe a revamp or introduce new characters to carry it on.

Lonesurvivor2127

It may be right that the cast ages like this if the series is going to end soon.

If they are going to reboot then i would be fine with that. But if they do for them to change things around. Like don't have Wesker reveal himself to be the bad guy until later in the series or not even make him a bad etc

Lonesurvivor2127

I doubt this series will end unless the games stop selling.
I could see your point seeing as the characters age about 5 years every game lol.I wouldn't mind playing as a saggy titties jill though lol. I guess it's time for a new generation of heroes to be focused on then. You're right 40 isn't old but why should they stay young? Who's to say Barry can't make a return? He was once planned to be Chris' partner in RE5 and he would've been 58 years old. Uncharted's Sully is 60 years old and the guy is still jumping off of things like he is in his youth. As long as the story is good, the gameplay is up to par, and the characters makes sense to what they are surrounded with then I think that age isn't a problem in a video game. I actually think It'll be kind of cool to play as an older character in there 50s and up doing an outbreak. They've certainly been around the bush and would not be as naive as someone who is in youth. Kind of like, the last of us guy from naughty dog's new game. He may be younger I don't know but he looks like he may be in his 40s and up, I could be wrong.Or metal gear's solid snake, big boss, and big mama, still bad ass in the later years of there life.[=quote]

The Last of US looks awesome to bad i don't have ps3. :( The thing with that is your just meeting Joel. We have grown up with the RE characters for along time depending on who you are. lol It's fine that they get older but jumping too far ahead
when you can tell stories is what i hate. No more jumping ahead. They have these areas now that are infected and need to be clean up as long as they don't destory both of them in this game you can have a re:cv like game not just jump to re7 and have a game with claire or a new character trying to survive in tall oaks. Make the C-virus the new standard virus. In re:1,2,3 the t-virus was the base virus and new stuff was intoduce with it. Yes sure RE2 did have the G-virus but the t-virus showed some new stuff it could do( lickers)The c-virus could have these kind of affects and make tons of different creatures too. Chris,Jill, and Leon you could do tons of sidegames with.Revelations was awesome and i think they need to do more games like that but for xbox and ps3. Tho it was sweet on the 3ds lol

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Honestly, I don't see how that is a problem if anyone views his age as being as such. Older men are usually more mature, more experienced with life and they know how to deal with problems in a more efficient manner. They prove to be much more stable. It's pleasant to see Chris grow into a handsome older man.

Have you seen how Chris is acting in RE6? He's been drinking and is hardly stable. He is at his lowest in the series, but who can blame him with the recent events that's affected him. This isn't real life we're talking about where maturity matters.
Age has a lot to do with how good Chris will be able to fight and keep moving on.

tharsheblows

Addicted to RE Mercenaries
Honestly, I don't see how that is a problem if anyone views his age as being as such. Older men are usually more mature, more experienced with life and they know how to deal with problems in a more efficient manner. They prove to be much more stable.

This post is exactly the way I feel on this subject.

Have you seen how Chris is acting in RE6? He's been drinking and is hardly stable. He is at his lowest in the series, but who can blame him with the recent events that's affected him. This isn't real life we're talking about where maturity matters.
Age has a lot to do with how good Chris will be able to fight and keep moving on.

Well this game isn't real life either so his athletic ability will not be affected at all unless capcom writers makes it that way and I doubt this will happen. You act as if Chris is a senior citizen, he's 40 lol. Also Leon has matured, do you see him still making those cheesy jokes and having a cocky attitude from resident evil 4 when he was 27? no. He has matured.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Well this game isn't real life either so his athletic ability will not be affected at all unless capcom writers makes it that way and I doubt this will happen. You act as if Chris is a senior citizen, he's 40 lol. Also Leon has matured, do you see him still making those cheesy jokes and having a cocky attitude from resident evil 4 when he was 27? no. He has matured.

True, but Chris has gone through a lot. How much longer do you think he can keep this up? If his age doesn't slow him down the fatigue will. Which is what is being shown in with his attitude. And I'm sure Leon will have some corny dialogue somewhere in there with Helena. Its not him if he doesn't hit on the ladies lol.

tharsheblows

True, but Chris has gone through a lot. How much longer do you think he can keep this up? If his age doesn't slow him down the fatigue will. Which is what is being shown in with his attitude. And I'm sure Leon will have some corny dialogue somewhere in there with Helena. Its not him if he doesn't hit on the ladies lol.

As long as the writers says he can. All of resident evil characters have been through a lot. Did you not see Jill neck breaking majini's after having the p30 ( the device on her chest that gave her superhuman strength but also gave Wesker complete control over her) removed from her fatigued body in the Desperate Escape DLC? I doubt Leon will have any corny dialogue in this game and it's usually the ladies hitting on him.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
As long as the writers says he can. All of resident evil characters have been through a lot. Did you not see Jill neck breaking majini's after having the p30 ( the device on her chest that gave her superhuman strength but also gave Wesker complete control over her) removed from her fatigued body in the Desperate Escape DLC? I doubt Leon will have any corny dialogue in this game and it's usually the ladies hitting on him.

No, Leon in RE4 stayed hitting on Hunningan, and got turned down everytime. Not that I want to see Chris retire anytime soon. I'm just theorizing what Capcom would do, but we'll see how it goes.

tharsheblows

No, Leon in RE4 stayed hitting on Hunningan, and got turned down everytime. Not that I want to see Chris retire anytime soon. I'm just theorizing what Capcom would do, but we'll see how it goes.

I forgot about him flirting with Hunnigan.

bruno

Chief Researcher
Chris lost his memory 6 months before RE6. I think it was when his head hit the ground in the trailer.

Lonesurvivor2127

Haha He hit on her once. I kind of hope Chris retires unless re6 makes him cool again then bring on more Chris lol

Lonesurvivor2127

Well the demos are out today and sadly you guys were right. Chris lost his memory, which is compeletely stupid. Because after they comfront him they give him weapons and he rushes into combat. Ugh Def playing Chris last now.

tharsheblows

Well the demos are out today and sadly you guys were right. Chris lost his memory, which is compeletely stupid. Because after they comfront him they give him weapons and he rushes into combat. Ugh Def playing Chris last now.

Of course you are, everyone knows that you save the best for last lol.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
Do you see this? Chris is going first for me.

ib2oscn3PBaQeq.gif

tharsheblows

Do you see this? Chris is going first for me.

ib2oscn3PBaQeq.gif

I don't know, the developers had recommended Leons' scenario first but when I see more and more of Chris' scenario I want to play his the most. Guess we'll see when I have the game in my system.

Jay

K.I.N.G.
I don't know, the developers had recommended Leons' scenario first but when I see more and more of Chris' scenario I want to play his the most. Guess we'll see when I have the game in my system.

Shhh. No one will find out, yo lol.

Top Bottom