• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised So, this is a lot more difficult than I remember the PS1 version being...

TheMightosaurus

Hey Guys,

Just been playing the new remaster and its amazing! However, I think the remake did ramp up the difficulty a little. I got a bit frustrated... nice to join the community though! I've been a big fan of Resident Evil since the original launched on PS1, all the way through to Resident Evil 4. Five was OK, and I couldn't get through six.. but here we are back to our survival horror roots!

Anyways - if you'd like to take a casual gander here I am, getting increasingly frustrated by the remake...

youtube. com/watch?v=fbK9ORva6R4

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
What difficulty are you playing at? I had some trouble on the normal difficulty so I just played through on easy to get the hang of things again. You can really notice the increase in zombies scattered about and lack of ammo and healing items on the higher difficulties. The cerberus killed me more than anything else. When they use that jump attack and knock you down, you're pretty much dead.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I feel your pain... I am in the same boat !!! its the where should i go first and what should i be holding in my inventory that gets me screwed over !!

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I feel your pain... I am in the same boat !!! its the where should i go first and what should i be holding in my inventory that gets me screwed over !!
I honestly think this is my main problem. The Remake changed so much stuff from the original - such as key items, their location, burning zombies, etc. - that I'm at a loss as to what I need in my inventory and I'm revisiting item boxes like crazy!
Not to mention kerosene containers.

HELLBOY1980

sometimes dead is betta ..(Jud Crandall)
I honestly think this is my main problem. The Remake changed so much stuff from the original - such as key items, their location, burning zombies, etc. - that I'm at a loss as to what I need in my inventory and I'm revisiting item boxes like crazy!
Not to mention kerosene containers.
-thats the problem !!! If I can get a good walkthrough and make it through one playthrough on the normal mode to unlock weapons and skins i can then enjoy all my other playthroughs on easy and just have fun

Springhosen

Kahnum of Outworld
I didn't see any point in making an entirely new topic for this but I was just wondering since it's been a while since I played the original game but didn't you have to fight Plant 42 on your own if you acquired the broken shotgun and solved that puzzle yourself? Because I've been getting the 'alternate cut-scenes' this entire time but Barry totally just wasted Plant 42 for me.
Not that I'm complaining, mind you - saved my ammo for me. Just a little surprised is all.

Top Bottom