• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 7 So... Is it Chris or not?

Is it the real Chris Redfield?

• Yes, no question, it's just a new look and I don't want it to be anyone else

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • Yes, but I think it could be retro-actively changed

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No, I think Capcom is lying and keeping it a secret for the next game

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

mert20004

Dont you guys find it weird that they brought back hunk's ( Who only had a canon appearance in re2 and then he's mentioned in a recv file. ) previous voice actor for re2 remake and yet they didnt bring back roger craig smith for chris ( who had a lot more appearance than hunk ) in re7?

Speaking of hunk, re7 chris' awful design reminds me of hunk's design in many ways.

Like, try comparing these; they look similar imo which is still dumb:

latest

latest

latest

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Hunk definitely has a very light beard, which RE7 Chris also has (could be due to aging though).

Chris in the previous games have always been a dark brunette with dark beard.

So yeah, no wonder its confusing...

D

Deleted member 21244

Dont you guys find it weird that they brought back hunk's ( Who only had a canon appearance in re2 and then he's mentioned in a recv file. ) previous voice actor for re2 remake and yet they didnt bring back roger craig smith for chris ( who had a lot more appearance than hunk ) in re7?

Speaking of hunk, re7 chris' awful design reminds me of hunk's design in many ways.

Like, try comparing these; they look similar imo which is still dumb:

latest

latest

latest
Probably Roger Craig Smith was Unavailable who knows

I think capcom liked hunk voice

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
When you think about it, Roger Craig Smith has such range to his voice acting talents. Chris, Ezio and Sonic are all so vastly different and unique (though Kyle Crane in Dying Light sounds exactly like Chris :lol:).

I never really doubted that it was Chris in RE7. However, I did have a discussion the other day about a potential way they could salvage it with HUNK. He's the one who's called Mr Death because everyone dies around him... but this also happens with Chris because he loses his team almost every time we see him. This spun into a scenario where HUNK impersonates Chris and gets angry about the whole Mr Death thing.

But yeah, I'll never forgive Capcom for wrecking one of my favourite video game characters of all time. In both appearance and voice, Redfield just doesn't cut it.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I always love hearing the Dodge Ram advertisements on the radio. It sounds like Chris is talking about their truck specials. :lol:
But yes, they really screwed Chris up on a major number title no less.

Mr.R

When Roger Craig Smith played Batman in Arkham Origins, it also sounded exactly like Chris (Also, Troy Baker was a very good Joker too). Ezio though? That's a very good vocal range, because the first time I played, I had no idea RCS was voicing him.

Top Bottom