• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So Bad It's Good

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Hey gang, what are some of your favorite "So bad it's good" experiences. Movies, Video Games, TV Shows, Music...Whatever! I gotta say, I absolutely love the movie, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li, and and the video game Sonic Shuffle, just due to their pure awfulness lol

Soul Fist

This game has a VERY bad VA, But it's so hilarious! I don't know the game, I just found it in my recommendations.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
Some guilty pleasures:

Reylo

Resident Evil 6

Weskerfield fanfics

Predator/Alien fanfics

Alien vs Predator Extinction (anything AVP related actually)

Child’s Play/Chucky movies (the first movies is a classic but the rest are borderline cringe to just plain bad)

The Lost World of Jurassic Park (is it a bad movie though? It’s pretty great.)

Jurassic World (that t-Rex and raptor team up though)

I know I’ll think of more stuff later.

Last edited:

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Some guilty pleasures:

Reylo

Resident Evil 6

Weskerfield fanfics

Predator/Alien fanfics

Alien vs Predator Extinction (anything AVP related actually)

Child’s Play/Chucky movies (the first movies is a classic but the rest are borderline cringe to just plain bad)

The Lost World of Jurassic Park (is it a bad movie though? It’s pretty great.)

Jurassic World (that t-Rex and raptor team up though)

I know I’ll think of more stuff later.

Guilty pleasures=/=so bad it's good.

Anyways:

The Room-'nuf 'sed.

The Happening-Mainly the infamous "What? No!" scene and this scene (seriously, WTF talks like that? :lol:) and other el oh el scenes of sheer stupidity.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation: lulzworthy editing, CGI and fight choreography and so many continuity and logic holes (Sonya is muddy from head to toe after fighting Meleena, but is somehow completely clean in the next shot; what, did she take a bath in Raiden's p!ss?).

I believe that's a good start seeing how all 3 movies are featured in Chris Stuckmann's Hilariocity series on YouTube. Feel free to check them out for all the details.

Angel

I make good toast
Admin
Premium
Terribad Z movies like Sharknado and any knock off of any Hollywood disaster film. I can happily waste entire evenings eating snacks and watching this trash

Awebb

Terribad Z movies like Sharknado and any knock off of any Hollywood disaster film. I can happily waste entire evenings eating snacks and watching this trash

That's my kind of taste! Low budget trash films with strange plots and cheesy dialogue! I love those movies, because they often dare to experiment with things big studios wouldn't touch with a bandersnatch arm.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
They are abominations so yes they do apply to this thread.

I guess I do enjoy the occasional crappy horror flick. Like Autopsy, which features one of my favorite actresses, Jenette Goldstein. Nothing else is really coming to mind other than my “guilty pleasures” at the moment. Things like Team America are supposed to be absurd and out there so I don’t really count those. :lol:

I’ve never seen The Room but I do enjoy memes and clips of Tommy Wiseau.

Teen Tyrant

The Master Debater

As movies, they’re rather horrible, and enjoyable only as the greasiest popcorn movies. As Resident Evil movies, they’re not nearly as bad as the fandom has made them out to be, and while I understand the general dislike for them, I’ve never been able to fathom the sheer amount of hate they get.

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
As movies, they’re rather horrible, and enjoyable only as the greasiest popcorn movies. As Resident Evil movies, they’re not nearly as bad as the fandom has made them out to be, and while I understand the general dislike for them, I’ve never been able to fathom the sheer amount of hate they get.
I see them as the opposite. They’re entertaining in the way of popcorn flicks but, as Resident Evil adaptations, they are horrible. Granted the actual game series has its own issues and identity crisis, but the games still feel somewhat more cohesive with the iconic characters.

I think the live action flicks really started to slip after the third movie. When 3D and CGI became all the rage.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium

I guess I do enjoy the occasional crappy horror flick. Like Autopsy, which features one of my favorite actresses, Jenette Goldstein. Nothing else is really coming to mind other than my “guilty pleasures” at the moment. Things like Team America are supposed to be absurd and out there so I don’t really count those. :lol:

I’ve never seen The Room but I do enjoy memes and clips of Tommy Wiseau.
I'm with you. I didn't really think Team America shouldn't count either lol. It's not actually bad. In fact, it's incredibly well made. The comedy is absurdist and caricature driven, but in terms of the film itself being "So bad it's good," I don't agree. It's actually good and nails what it set out to try and do start to finish.

Jonipoon

Professional Sandwich Consumer
Van Helsing (2004 with Hugh Jackman).

The first two Fantastic Four movies.

Deadly Premonition (the game).

That’s My Boy (Adam Sandler film).

Masters of the Universe (1987 with Dolph Lundgren).

Road House (1989 with Patrick Swayze).

There are probably a lot more but these are the first ones to come to my mind!

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Van Helsing (2004 with Hugh Jackman).

Deadly Premonition (the game).

That’s My Boy (Adam Sandler film).

Masters of the Universe (1987 with Dolph Lundgren).

Road House (1989 with Patrick Swayze).

There are probably a lot more but these are the first ones to come to my mind!
I love Masters of the Universe XD. Althought I enjoy Conan more. Though I'd say Conan is just straight up good, not So bad it's good so it's no going on my list.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Cool thread! Some great suggestions so far that are actually guilty pleasures of my own... :p

My 'so bad it's good' confessionals:

• Resident Evil Movies: 1, Apocalypse and Afterlife were great! (Haven't seen them in years, though!)
  • Terminator Genysis and Dark Fate were fab!
  • Resident Evil: Survivor on PS1 was exceptional!
  • Duke Nukem Forever was quite enjoyable! (definitely not my thing anymore, though!)
  • Fable III might be my favourite among the series!
come at me bro

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
Cool thread! Some great suggestions so far that are actually guilty pleasures of my own... :p

My 'so bad it's good' confessionals:

• Resident Evil Movies: 1, Apocalypse and Afterlife were great! (Haven't seen them in years, though!)
  • Terminator Genysis and Dark Fate were fab!
  • Resident Evil: Survivor on PS1 was exceptional!
  • Duke Nukem Forever was quite enjoyable! (definitely not my thing anymore, though!)
  • Fable III might be my favourite among the series!
come at me bro
I'll agree with Fable III, and that's the most you'll get out of me XD

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda

The first two Fantastic Four movies aren't "so bad they're good", they're just plain bad IMO. Turning Galactus into a space cloud was unforgivable (little fun fact: Tom Rothman, the same guy who sewed Deadpool's mouth shut in X-Men Origins: Wolverine pitched the idea because he thought a corporeal Galactus sounded ridiculous and wouldn't sell; yes, that Tom Rothman).

But they're both masterpieces compared to the godawful 2015 reboot, or Fant4sh!t as I always call it. Not only is it one of the worst comic book movies I've ever seen, but one of the worst movies I've ever had the displeasure of watching, period. Everything about it is godawful. I wouldn't even call it "so bad it's good" because it's so f*cking boring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom