• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Uncategorised Snake boss urgent help

Artas1984

I am playing the HD remake on real survival difficulty. Seems there is no difference in monster hit points comparing to other modes, difficulty lies obviously elsewhere, but the snake boss has a tremendous amount of hit points when you encounter it for the second time.

The thing is, in order to kill that thing, i have wasted 5 magnum bullets and 11 shotgun blasts. And now i am really pised, becasue after that i've got only a few bullets left. I've made sure that every hit counted on her, but i am thinking perhaps you have to shoot the snake in the head or while it is standing - it can not be that you have to unload that ridiculous amount of high caliber bullets on her! WTF is wrong here?

Does it matter where you shoot?

Hel

Goddess of the Dead
Premium
This might be a dumb question, but... are you sure your bullets are actually hitting the target? The snake can move quite quickly at times, so maybe she managed to dodge some of your bullets. I'm just a little surprised now because I found her rather easy to defeat and really don't remember her taking that much.

Then again, I didn't touch Hard mode before unlocking the infinite rocket launcher, so I don't know... Survival is Hard mode, isn't it? And even if normal enemies don't have more health on harder modes than on the easier ones (which I doubt, but I haven't played in a while and you're playing right now, so I'll just believe you), maybe there is a difference for bosses.

Last edited:

Artas1984

I think the shotgun is only good in close range, not only against zombies, but against all creatures, meaning it's power decreases at range exponentially - that would explain why i needed so many slugs. While this is well observed in many games, especially this penalty is "keen" in Resident Evil games.

I've decided to kill Yawn with a knife running after it's tail. Surprise that it did not take me long time to do it.

Survival mode is above hard - it's a hardcore mode, where aiming is manual and your item boxes do not carry your stuff to next levels.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Which scenario are you playing? Jill's acid rounds should've made short work of the Yawn, because it's more effective against living things rather than zombies, like Barry says.

Artas1984

Which scenario are you playing? Jill's acid rounds should've made short work of the Yawn, because it's more effective against living things rather than zombies, like Barry says.

i can't believe you are using Barry's quote as a recommendation for gameplay. I am scared to ask if that is true or a joke...

Airaku

Stray Jedi
*raises hand* Am I the only one who clicked this seeing "Snake" "Boss" and thought "Big Boss"?

*looks around* oh... okay uhhh *puts hand down*

Top Bottom