• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: Village Sixth Optional Boss Not Mentioned?

Frag Maniac

I studied up on optional bosses before my fresh start Hardcore run, or so I thought. There's the Beneviento Giant, the Mill Giant, the Waterwheel area Varcolac, the Moreau Treasure area Varcolac, and the Varcolac Alpha near Luiza's house. Every optional boss guide I've seen, only mentions these 5.

However, when watching CarcinogenSDA's Village of Shadows run, he clearly fights the waterwheel Varcolac, then a few minutes later after cashing in the treasure and buying a few items from The Duke, he encounters and fights yet another Varcolac just a little ways down the stream towards the Moreau fight area.

Now I HAVE seen that Varcolac further down the stream before, and perhaps my memory fails me, but I thought it was another sighting of the waterwheel Varcolac after avoiding fighting it on first encounter. So is there actually TWO Varcolacs in this area? This 2nd one guards no treasure, so makes no sense.

My last playthrough, I looted Luthier's House and the Beneviento Treasure after killing the Waterwheel Varcolac, before heading further down the stream to the Moreau area, and there was no 2nd Varcolac in that area. Maybe you have to go right back after fighting the Waterwheel boss to see it though.

CarcinogenSDA's VoS Run (3:03:09 1st Varcolac, 3:07:40 2nd Varcolac)

That Segment of My Last Run (2:06 Waterwheel Boss encounter, 10:54 no 2nd Varcolac)

Ikawaru

There was always 2 varcolacs in that area from what I can recently recall, but then again the last 3 times I went through that area was on 'Village of Shadows'. Perhaps it's a lower difficulty than VOS removes one of them? I don't posses the technical details of that area.

Last edited:

Frag Maniac

There was always 2 varcolacs in that area from what I can recently recall, but then again the last 3 times I went through that area was on 'Village of Shadows'. Perhaps it's a lower difficulty than VOS removes one of them? I don't posses the technical details of that area.
Yeah that might be it. Funny how I knew VoS adds extra enemies in places, but that never occurred to me with this one. Maybe because I thought it only added regular enemies, not bosses.

BTW, have you ever found a way to kill those two Varcolacs on VoS efficiently resource wise? I'm hoping to do my VoS run without using CP weapons or DLC weapons.

Ikawaru

No, I'm not crazy brave or freakishly skilled enough to play VoS w/o infinte ammo S.T.A.K.E or WCX. I always felt that the weapons and difficulty balancing was done poorly on 'Village' so nothing really compels me to try it out.

I'll give credit where it's due I feel RE3R did a much better job at balancing difficulty runs with CP spending.

Frag Maniac

No, I'm not crazy brave or freakishly skilled enough to play VoS w/o infinte ammo S.T.A.K.E or WCX. I always felt that the weapons and difficulty balancing was done poorly on 'Village' so nothing really compels me to try it out.

I'll give credit where it's due I feel RE3R did a much better job at balancing difficulty runs with CP spending.
The only thing I didn't like about RE3R was it was so short, and the boss fights weren't nearly as good as the ones in RE2R.

Top Bottom