• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil - Code: Veronica Should've seen it coming...scariest part?

Harry Sachz

Ancient Alien
Most other game sections have this thread, so why not this one?

Scariest part to me, no doubt, was when you went into Alfred's little office at the Antarctic Base, after you push the shelf out of the way and suddenly, you hear loud, creepy groaning and then you see Nosferatu down there. lol.

bruno

Chief Researcher
I think the doctor's office and torture room were very creepy, but they should have made it even creepier (like lot's of blood, scarier torture machines, mutilated bodies, or even having the doctor still alive, trying to catch Claire/Steve, etc.). The private mansion was also creepy.

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I agree with Bruno...torcher chamber all the way, though i never got past the plane fight with Tyrant...its the only RE in the main series i havnt beat, so a remake would give me another try and creep me out even more with updated graphics...but even so...man that torcher chamber got me...and seing the docs body bag start moving...haha good times...

SpawnShooter

This party's getting crazy!
When I first played, I was gutted when Steve died, but when I played it recently I found him a bit annoying, until he turned into the hunchback of the blue lagoon.

I agree about the torture room, but I also thought it was quite scary in the arctic base when your wondering around in the dark. The game on a whole had a nice atmosphere to it though and I don't know about anyone else but I thought it felt much darker than 2 or 3.

T-Vaccinated Kid

Neo-Umbrella Head Zoologist
I was scared to go through just about any door on Rockfort. That whole island was full of creepy places. The training facility, the private mansion (great creepy music), and of course the "medical" building. I wanted to get in and out of them as quickly as possible.

sadistic_greyfox

Hmm it's been so long that I really cant remember any scary parts. TBH the only time I can remember being sort of on edge was when you first leave the prison and went into the graveyard. After getting a gun I was pretty fine, I'd guess that mansion thing with the hunters (were they hunters in this game?) or it's equivalant had me going to.

TheMixedHerb

別れ.
(were they hunters in this game?)

Yeah they're Hunters, the blue/purple ones are known as Sweepers though and can inflict poison. A right royal pain if I do say so myself.

As for scary moments in this game, since I've played it through about 6 times now the effects have worn off on any parts that may be considered scary, though there are a few parts that can have me on edge. Namely the torture area with the Doctor Zombie, something about that place gives me the chills. Besides that I've always found the huge suspended doll in the main part of the mansion to be a rather unsettling sight.

For me most of the scares were in the first half of the game, when you reached the latter half of the game there aren't really many shock moments. Though fighting Alexia Type 1 for the first time and getting instantly killed with no way of escape by being too close was rather shocking, I guess. =P

Now that you mention it, the final parts with Steve are kind of thrilling too, I mean he is pretty intimidating there. Though I have more trouble setting up the item on the pressure pad in the room beforehand, gives you a fright if you time it wrong and have to dash out before Claire becomes a sandwich.

wesker_awesome

After a meal there's nothing like a good cigar.
Yeah they're Hunters, the blue/purple ones are known as Sweepers though and can inflict poison. A right royal pain if I do say so myself.

As for scary moments in this game, since I've played it through about 6 times now the effects have worn off on any parts that may be considered scary, though there are a few parts that can have me on edge. Namely the torture area with the Doctor Zombie, something about that place gives me the chills. Besides that I've always found the huge suspended doll in the main part of the mansion to be a rather unsettling sight.

For me most of the scares were in the first half of the game, when you reached the latter half of the game there aren't really many shock moments. Though fighting Alexia Type 1 for the first time and getting instantly killed with no way of escape by being too close was rather shocking, I guess. =P

Now that you mention it, the final parts with Steve are kind of thrilling too, I mean he is pretty intimidating there. Though I have more trouble setting up the item on the pressure pad in the room beforehand, gives you a fright if you time it wrong and have to dash out before Claire becomes a sandwich.

Only part that scared me was the first dogs.
The RE game that scared me the most is the Remake.

AgentZero

Through that door, is a seperate reality.
OMG where do I begin
1.the first one is where those dogs pop at you in that corridor thing the first time that happened I jumped and instantly turned mt PS2 off
2.when the gigantic worm comes out of the ground.
3.the doctors room.
4. the room right after the doctors room and you go to get piano scroll and you do the thing with the sword
5. the tyrant fight the second one
6. the first hunter
I could keep going but I'm gonna get it short

SEELE-1

www.evaposers.blogspot.com
The private mansion's foller: the fugly doll in the roof was creepy as hell...
The guy that is attacked by the little albinoid (when Claire sees him get smashed in the sealed room and the window gets all messy with blood...)

G-Viruse Infectee

The Ashford Twins. We really are twins.
The scarirest part is when Alexia get too close to chris and grads hm by his ears and burns him.......Chris has big ears.

zombinater007

I would have to say when the zombie came out of the iron maiden, and (well this scared me because it was unexpected) when i was going through a room in the mansion i was instantly attacked out of nowhere by the bandersnatch

owen2067

The scarirest thing in the game is fighting the tyrant in the plane wile you have 20 darts for the bow gun, 0 exploding darts, 15 bullits, 4 gurnades, and 0 helth items and your helth is low.

Top Bottom