• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Should the RE series return to horror roots

Spyder

La Vita Nuova
Don't get me wrong, I still get scared with the new games, it's just not as intense as it used to be. I remember not ever wanting to play the old ones because I was that scared.

Hahaha I totally remember that feeling. I can still remember being soooo stoked to try RE4.....then making it running with squinting eyes around the horde straight into the first chainsaw guy with a massive "What the mother f*********!!!!" while he makes a quick mess of me all in the first 10 mins. Gettin up dramatically with a "f*ck off I CANNOT handle this right now" lol.

That reminds me, the next God of War is gonna have co-op. It shouldn't bother me but why in 7 hells does a game that has always been single player need multi player? Does everything need to be played with 50 people? What ever happend to just sitting in your room on a raining day and just enjoying the game by oneself???

I agree. I totally get why people love co op, and I love playing with other people sometimes, but there is always extra content for that, and a wealth of 2 player games these days. To change a series drastically like that part way through kind of takes the magic out of it a bit. Like imagine if they made Tomb Raider co op. It just doesn't make sense. I still think that this is where RE5 took the biggest departure from the series.

Reactions: 013

Hahaha I totally remember that feeling. I can still remember being soooo stoked to try RE4.....then making it running with squinting eyes around the horde straight into the first chainsaw guy with a massive "What the mother f*********!!!!" while he makes a quick mess of me all in the first 10 mins. Gettin up dramatically with a "f*ck off I CANNOT handle this right now" lol.

I agree. I totally get why people love co op, and I love playing with other people sometimes, but there is always extra content for that, and a wealth of 2 player games these days. To change a series drastically like that part way through kind of takes the magic out of it a bit. Like imagine if they made Tomb Raider co op. It just doesn't make sense. I still think that this is where RE5 took the biggest departure from the series.
I feel kinda bias when it comes to the co-op of RE5. It felt a little forced and while I wasn't too crazy about it the co-op in RE6, it didn't bother me as much. Probably because it looked like they at least tried to make it scary. After all 0 had co-op. I was irritated though, considering that they showed Leon in the first trailer fighting by himself.

As for the chainsaw I agree, the chainsaw guy in 4 was stressful to deal with, whenever I would hear it or knew he was comming I just got this numbing scared feeling like, 'dude, I don't even wanna play this anymore.' XD

Something I forgot to mention was the added stuff in RE5 gold. I have not yet had the pleasure in playing gold yet, that looks kinda dark and scary. I should give credit where it's due. ;)

MaximumLobsters

I think if they find a better balance, like they had in 4, the horror would be great again. like the beginning of Leon's campaign was great and it had horror parts, but then it died down pretty quick.

Top Bottom