• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4 should i buy it or not

should i buy RE4 GC if i already have it for wii, should i get it just for the cheats

• Total voters

hobojoe521

should i buy RE4 GC edition just for the cheats. vote yea or no. but i already have it for wii so should i get it or not

ConvictedMP5

well u can if u want but u dont need it beacuse everything thats in the GC version is in the wii version and it has more stuff like seprate ways that is not in the GC version

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Only you knows how much it means to you, so you are the closest to answer the question.
Is it more cheats for the GC version? It is probably a waste of money anyway because I doubt the GC version can offer much that you do not already got. Perhaps the GC version has better graphics.
This is not THAT important to you? Unless it is, save your money for something else.
However if you find it very cheap at a second hand store, it may be worth spending some bucks on it.

I didn't vote because only your own vote counts really.

Dos

Cheats take away the challenge of the game anyway. Surely the IRL, infinite typewriter and infinite handcannon are enough? With those three weapons even pro is a walk in the park.

As for the actual question, I have the GC version and it's great but if you have the Wii version I wouldn't bother. Wii version graphics are the same as the GC (and better than the PS2 and PC graphics), the Wii version has all the extras that the GC version lacks, and the Wii version is as difficult as the GC version...compared to the PS2 and PC editions, which have siginificantly lowered Ganado counts in some areas, for example.

echoey

Jupiter Jazz
If you have a Gamecube already then maybe you can get a cheap 2nd hand copy but the Wii version has all the unlockables. GC version doesnt have gangsta outfit, armor suit, tommy gun or the laser I dont know how much you know about the different platforms but there different versions of the game ever so slightly..

Romero

Her royal court joker
Premium
Dos;66755 said:
Wii version graphics are the same as the GC (and better than the PS2 and PC graphics), the Wii version has all the extras that the GC version lacks, and the Wii version is as difficult as the GC version...compared to the PS2 and PC editions, which have siginificantly lowered Ganado counts in some areas, for example.
I wasn't aware of all this. So this makes the Wii version the ultimate version. :)

But I don't know if it really is harder? You may get more ganados, but you also get more ammo, at least at some places.

Top Bottom