• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Scariest movie you have ever seen

Turo602

The King of Kings
When I was kid The Exorcist, Chucky, Freddy Krueger, and Stephen King's It were pretty scary. These days though, I have yet to see anything that scares me. I can appreciate a good horror movie but nothing has ever really stood out to me recently as actually being scary. Which is a shame because I really love horror.

blivvy

Master of unlocking...
Premium
As a lot of people have already said, The Exorcist totally freaked me out. I was probably only 13 when I watched it but I will never watch it again xD

I went to see Drag Me to Hell in the cinema back when it came out. It's another supernatural horror film similar to The Exorcist but it has a lot more jump scares. Maybe it was cause it was turned up so loud but I jumped several times lol.

KManX89

Rocket Trash Panda
Dead Silence is still on Netflix IIRC for anyone who wants to see for themselves.

But yeah, I def. do not recommend Googling 'Mary Shaw'. Don't you do it. Srsly, I'm warning you, once you see, you can't unsee it.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Dead Silence is still on Netflix IIRC for anyone who wants to see for themselves.

But yeah, I def. do not recommend Googling 'Mary Shaw'. Don't you do it. Srsly, I'm warning you, once you see, you can't unsee it.

I looked it up because I know you secretly wanted us to all look it up. I was a little scared that it would be like "blue waffle" or something (DEFINATELY DO NOT LOOK THIS ONE UP! IT'S REALLY NASTY AND I AM NOT SECRETLY WANTING ANYONE TO DO SO. IT IS AN EXAMPLE). I don't get it though. How is "Mary Shaw" scary? It just looks like another horror character, one that isn't even creepy at all.

Cheer

Kamen Rider
blue waffle.

Jc75Na.gif

bSTAR_182

Sexually Active Member
I wouldn't consider this movie scary but it was definitely disturbing. And if you are a fan of Kurt Russell (and Patrick Wilson- love him!) then you should check Bone Tomahawk out.

Jen

Girly Gamer
Premium Elite
Premium
I wouldn't say this film scared me, but it definitely disturbed me. It's called Casadaga and I really didn't like it. It's basically about someone who chops people's limbs off and reattaches them with metal joints to make them into live marionettes. I don't like stuff like that, it's just sick. I don't like gross and gory horror, it just repulses me rather than scaring me.

@blivvy, if I remember rightly Drag Me To Hell was quite a good film, I saw that one in the cinema too. My mum hated it because she always gets approached by ladies trying to sell her charms and stuff and she's scared to make them mad. :p But it also had some really gross moments that I didn't like, haha.

Last edited:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
I just watched one a couple of days ago called The Taking of Deborah Logan. It wasn't really scary per se, but for a behind the camera film it wasn't all that bad. And the action picks up really quick compared to most of those other movies of the same genre being REALLY slow to start...

Director Bison

King of Games
The Thing is the only movie that ever truly scared me
the first time I watched it I had such a hard time sleeping that night

and this is coming from a guy who played Outlast in one sitting without being scared

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
The Thing is the only movie that ever truly scared me
the first time I watched it I had such a hard time sleeping that night

and this is coming from a guy who played Outlast in one sitting without being scared
The recent prequel was fantastic too. Stayed true to the original while giving it a modern spin.

Airaku

Stray Jedi
Susperia or the first nightmare on elm street. Horror movies don't really scare me but those 2 gave me a few jump scares.

I love the elm street series :p I want a new one... (there's rumors we might get one) even if it's not the same. RIP Wes Craven. We will NEVER have a better horror story teller than you :'(

Oh and for the people that hate on the Scream series. I hope you get stabbed :3 jk. They are satire and the plot twists are great. Especially Scream 1 and 4. 3 kinda sucked.... that's being nice.

JaguarsSoul

ayşegül ϟ
Hi, I'm a bit late but @KRSkull, Cujo is one of my favourite childhood movies EVER. Might it be because there's a dog in it? Perhaps. My favourite scene was when he mauled that one guy >:3

Either way, has Grave Encounters been named yet? It was the last scary movie that actually scared me. I watched it with my mother, and slept with her that very night lmao.

KevinStriker

"Quite an experience to live in fear, isn't it?"
Hi, I'm a bit late but @KRSkull, Cujo is one of my favourite childhood movies EVER. Might it be because there's a dog in it? Perhaps. My favourite scene was when he mauled that one guy >:3

Either way, has Grave Encounters been named yet? It was the last scary movie that actually scared me. I watched it with my mother, and slept with her that very night lmao.

Grave Encounters?
*Googles*
*found footage movie*
God. Dammit!

But in all seriousness, it does look pretty creepy, albeit a bit cliché. Plus, how can I not check out a movie made by a couple guys called The Vicious Brothers?

Top Bottom