• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 6 Returning elements from RE5.

rollerfan222

I know the gameplay is very similar, but aside from that, i want to know how is RE6 in comparison to 5 in terms of:

- Infinite Ammo

- Dificulties and how are they available.

- Extra stuff/Special weapons, unclockable stuff/weapons.

How does RE6 handle all of the above?

Do the figurines/files and all that return or not?

Thanks in advance, It's just that I'm getting 6 on monday cause of the price drop and i wanted to know :)

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I think Infinite Ammo is a LOT better handled in RE6. Basically, they now have a skill system where you can equip up to 3 skills at a time. These basically act as perks i.e. weapon damage, melee damage, health, ect... But now, once you beat the game (I think it might have to be on Pro difficulty, don't remember exactly) you unlock infinite ammo for each weapon-type as buyable skills. Since they limit you to 3 skills, you can only have at most 3 different infinite ammo types. Also, it's not bottomless clip style; you still have to reload but you have infinite ammo in reserve (which I personally much prefer over bottomless clip). And of course, you always have the option of disabling infinite ammo in your game session :)

All the difficulties except Professional are available from the start. You have to beat each campaign atleast once to unlock Pro.

As for the extras/special weapons, there's not really much for that. In RE6 you don't even get to choose what weapons you get, which I personally dislike. Basically each character has a different set of weapons, and you can't choose what you want or don't want. And of course, because of this limitation, there aren't really any secret weapons or anything of that sort.

The files/figurines do in fact make a return. Instead of BSAA emblems, they have "Serpent Emblems", and everytime you destroy a new serpent emblem, you unlock a file and/or figurine (which you can view from the main menu)

rollerfan222

Wow, the fact that you cant' select your weapons is total BS, oh well, I know i'll like the game anyways.

IS THERE AN INFINITE ROCKET LAUNCHER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:D jk, BUT if there is i wouldn't mind.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Yeah, don't worry, it's still fun regardless. Atleast if you don't like a weapon, then you always have the option of simply not using it XD

The only cool thing that came from not being able to select your weapons is the fact that each character has atleast one unique weapon that only they can use. But other than that, I don't like it

rollerfan222

You know... when i think about it, judging from the demo and the footage I've seen along with the general consensus of people regarding RE5's story (Allthough i love the story)

Is that RE6 is the better "RE" game, but RE5 is the better "GAME"

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
I want clarify a few things just for safety that MetalGamer2 said because there were a few details he was missing.

First thing is Infinite Ammo is unlocked by completeing all 4 campaigns and it doesn't matter what order or what difficulty.You'll need to buy them with Skill Points, and the Infinite Ammo options are the most expensive skills in the game.

As for unlockables, you get files by finding Serpeant Emblems (Which is what MetalGamer2 said) and you unlock a figurine by collecting all emblems in a chapter and you unlock 6 additional figurines if you find all emblems in a campaign.

In terms of other unlockables, completeing either Chris's or Jake's campaign will unlock a Mercenaries stage.

There are a few speical weapons in the game, but you can only use them by playing as a certain character (Leon has the Wingshooter, Helena has the Hydra, Chris doesn't have a speical weapon except for a knife but Leon has a similar knife but I don't know the difference between them besides apperance, Piers has an Anti-Material Rifle, Jake has Hand-to-Hand combat (Trust me, it's a lot better than it sounds), Sherry has the Tripleshot and a cattle rod, and Ada has the Ammo Box (Which is actually not an ammobox, it's actually a submachine gun. Not to mention, Helena and Piers use the Ammo Box in their alternate costumes in Mercenaries) and the Crossbow. Now there are a few speical guns that can only be found in certain campaigns, the Assassult Rifle RN in Leon's, the Assassult Shotgun in Chris's (There is another speical weapon but it is only available to Pier's and I won't spoil when you use it), and the Elephant Killer in Jake's.

In terms of difficulties, MetalGamer2 has already went over that, but I do want to bring up Amature difficulty. I recommend playing the game on Amature first since playing on Amature makes it to where it you don't have to worry about any of the major QTEs (Not the ones where an enemy grabs you and you have to shake them off) and the QTEs in this game barely give you any time to react, plus it espeically helps in some campaigns where they spawn infinite amounts of enemies (Especially in Jake's and Chris's) and you are given not that many first aid sprays or even herbs to make tablets.

As for an Infinite Rocket Launcher, there is no option for that as there is only Rocket Launcher in the game.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
I want clarify a few things just for safety that MetalGamer2 said because there were a few details he was missing.

First thing is Infinite Ammo is unlocked by completeing all 4 campaigns and it doesn't matter what order or what difficulty.You'll need to buy them with Skill Points, and the Infinite Ammo options are the most expensive skills in the game.

As for unlockables, you get files by finding Serpeant Emblems (Which is what MetalGamer2 said) and you unlock a figurine by collecting all emblems in a chapter and you unlock 6 additional figurines if you find all emblems in a campaign.

In terms of other unlockables, completeing either Chris's or Jake's campaign will unlock a Mercenaries stage.

There are a few speical weapons in the game, but you can only use them by playing as a certain character (Leon has the Wingshooter, Helena has the Hydra, Chris doesn't have a speical weapon except for a knife but Leon has a similar knife but I don't know the difference between them besides apperance, Piers has an Anti-Material Rifle, Jake has Hand-to-Hand combat (Trust me, it's a lot better than it sounds), Sherry has the Tripleshot and a cattle rod, and Ada has the Ammo Box (Which is actually not an ammobox, it's actually a submachine gun. Not to mention, Helena and Piers use the Ammo Box in their alternate costumes in Mercenaries) and the Crossbow. Now there are a few speical guns that can only be found in certain campaigns, the Assassult Rifle RN in Leon's, the Assassult Shotgun in Chris's (There is another speical weapon but it is only available to Pier's and I won't spoil when you use it), and the Elephant Killer in Jake's.

In terms of difficulties, MetalGamer2 has already went over that, but I do want to bring up Amature difficulty. I recommend playing the game on Amature first since playing on Amature makes it to where it you don't have to worry about any of the major QTEs (Not the ones where an enemy grabs you and you have to shake them off) and the QTEs in this game barely give you any time to react, plus it espeically helps in some campaigns where they spawn infinite amounts of enemies (Especially in Jake's and Chris's) and you are given not that many first aid sprays or even herbs to make tablets.

As for an Infinite Rocket Launcher, there is no option for that as there is only Rocket Launcher in the game.

Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't remember exactly how it was you unlocked infinite ammo skills.

But, small correction, you said besides the knife, Chris doesn't have a "special weapon". If by that you mean a character-exclusive weapon, then actually he has the AR for Special Tactics, which only he can use.

Also, since you mentioned it, allow me to explain the difference between Chris' knife (the Combat Knife) and Leon's (the Survival Knife). The Combat Knife has a better quickfire because it's much more powerful and has a wide area-of-effect. The Survival Knife's quickfire is simply an extended lunge. It has basically no area-of-effect, and does half the damage of the Combat Knife's quickfire. Both of the knives also alter/improve other attacks, such as ground impalements and counter-attacks. All in all, the Combat Knife is basically an upgraded version of the Survival Knife.

Pancham Cutie

The Cute Pancham
Premium
Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't remember exactly how it was you unlocked infinite ammo skills.

But, small correction, you said besides the knife, Chris doesn't have a "special weapon". If by that you mean a character-exclusive weapon, then actually he has the AR for Special Tactics, which only he can use.

Also, since you mentioned it, allow me to explain the difference between Chris' knife (the Combat Knife) and Leon's (the Survival Knife). The Combat Knife has a better quickfire because it's much more powerful and has a wide area-of-effect. The Survival Knife's quickfire is simply an extended lunge. It has basically no area-of-effect, and does half the damage of the Combat Knife's quickfire. Both of the knives also alter/improve other attacks, such as ground impalements and counter-attacks. All in all, the Combat Knife is basically an upgraded version of the Survival Knife.
Thanks for correcting me. I forgot about Chris's assassult rifle. Also if I am not mistaking, Helena is the only one who has the Picador in story mode?

And thank you for telling me the differences between Leon's and Chris's knife.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
Thanks for correcting me. I forgot about Chris's assassult rifle. Also if I am not mistaking, Helena is the only one who has the Picador in story mode?

And thank you for telling me the differences between Leon's and Chris's knife.

It's no problem, I like sharing my knowledge :)
Also, I'm not sure about Helena and the Picador... I never use her XD

Darkness

Infected
you unlock 6 additional figurines if you find all emblems in a campaign.
The 6 figures at the bottom of each collection are actually unlocked by getting the vertical column above them, the same way that the ones on the right are unlocked by rows. So yes you will get all of them after finding all the emblems, but that's not the specific requirement for any, (except the one on the bottom right corner, obviously).

Now there are a few speical guns that can only be found in certain campaigns, the Assassult Rifle RN in Leon's, the Assassult Shotgun in Chris's
The assault shotgun is also found in the fourth campaign.

Would definitely not recommend amateur on the first play through. That will make you ski through the game so fast you won't even remember what happened. I started on vet, which is definitely what I would reccommend if you want any substance in the game.

Also if I am not mistaking, Helena is the only one who has the Picador in story mode?

I believe that is correct.

MetalGamer2

Survivor
No way I was totally first, check the archives, get the admins in here! :cool:
lol I was just saying I didn't see your post until after I corrected it, so even if you posted first, it proves nothing >.>
...Great, this is Star Wars all over again. Who shot first?

Darkness

Infected
lol I was just saying I didn't see your post until after I corrected it, so even if you posted first, it proves nothing >.>
...Great, this is Star Wars all over again. Who shot first?
We're beyond grammar at this point... We're beyond humanity! :eek:

KennedyKiller

Super Saiyan Member
Premium
All in all I give RE6 the point for better "Game" AND better "RE Game". Now, I love RE5. I really do. Aside from Sheva, and Lack of Horror, it's a GREAT game. The story is FLIPPING great, however, RE6 still one ups it. Because While RE5 had ONE excellent story. RE6 has 4. All equally as great. There was not a SINGLE thing I was disappointed in when it came to RE6. Honestly, the biggest disappointment to me in 5 was Sheva. She was TERRIBLE. In RE6, however, there is not a single character that I would consider bad. It's a very similar game to five, but it's improved on a LOT.

Top Bottom