• Welcome to the Resident Evil Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Resident Evil series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil: The Return Of Umbrella (A New Nightmare)

MutatedEvil21

Plot
The Return Of Umbrella takes place 9 years after Resident Evil 1, which would put the year around early 2008. Parts of This story are told from the perspective of Agency Operative Samuel Bennet, or as his codename is just, Hunk. When Hunk is deployed to counter a threat from Umbrella Corps last remaining Facility on Trinity Island, 100 miles from where Raccoon City used to be; he meets up with some old and new faces.

The Agency has gotten wind of new Viral Research being conducted in the Trinity Lab, under the supervision of Tricell Sub-Director Dr. Erica Gionne. This Virus is ten times stronger than the T and G-Virus' Combined, codenamed Uroboros; Albert Wesker wants it for his own research purposes.

This story will also feature the Raccoon City Survivors, Barry Burton, Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Leon Kennedy And Claire Redfield whom are also investigating Trinity Island. It will feature Sherry Birkin aswell. What happens though when these five must survive once again in a hell cooked up by Albert Wesker? Not to mention the shadowy "S" Corporation under the command of an even more shadowy individual whose name has never been revealed.

Note: The first chapter is coming soon!

--
Resident Evil: The Return Of Umbrella - A New Nightmare

Hunk's Report
--

----------------------------
Introduction

My name is Samuel Bennet. I used to be one of Umbrella Inc's top researchers, that is until William Birkin came to the Arklay Facility. Umbrella is a pharmaceutical companey whom employs many people in Raccoon City, what those people don't realize though is that, Umbrella was the sole reason behind the grizzly murders that occured in 1998.

Spencer knew exactly what he was doing, he knew that by bringing Birkin to the Mansion it would shift me out of the picture. I had to do everything in my power to stop this from happening, so I turned to another friend for help, Albert Wesker.

Wesker came through and pulled a few strings. He got me on as Second In Command Of the RPD's S.T.A.R.S. Alpha Team, there I would assist him in his intelligence ops for Umbrella. I admit I did like being away from Research work, but still I was merly waiting for the right moment, nobody would rob me of my revenge on William Birkin.

July 24th, 1998

Strange murders were being reported all over Raccoon City, of course I knew exactly what was going on. Wesker and I were ordered by Umbrella HQ, to send the S.T.A.R.S Bravo Team to the Mansion, dispose of them, then transmit the situation to the main Headquarters so that the Combat Data could be Analyzed...As expected, almost all of the Bravo Team were wiped out.

Wesker then had the idea to get even more Combat Data, so under the guise of a "Search And Rescue" Mission, I ordered The Alpha Team to the Mansion Lab without a moment of hesitation.

Five people managed to survive this ordeal, from Alpha were Barry Burton, Jill Valentine And Chris Redfield. And from Bravo were Rebecca Chambers And Enrico Marini. Wesker felt it was time to execute his plan.

Wesker planned to take Umbrella's deadliest B.O.W at the time, the Tyrant, and use it to buy into one of Umbrella's rival corporations. However, to buy into that Corporation he would need Tyrants combat data. He planned to use S.T.A.R.S as his bait.

Barry turned out to be more useful than we first thought, he was easily manipulated into luring the sample specimen into the lab. The Tyrant was released and Wesker's plan began, however our miscalculation was that S.T.A.R.S. was able to slay the beast.

At that moment I pondered what our future held, however since I pulled strings from the shadows, no one knew of my involvment in the Mansion Incident, it is time to execute a few of my own plans...

September, 1998

Two months have flashed by since that horrible incident in the Mansion.

At this time I went back to working for Umbrella, however not as a Researcher but as a USFU Soldier. It was my job to protect Umbrella's many intrests, Wesker told me I was making a mistake and that I should join his new corporation instead...But I felt in my bones the key man in all of this was Birkin, thats why I decided to keep an eye on him and thus I joined The USFU Alpha Team...My codename, Hunk.

Umbrella hates to play games even with their top people, so inturn my Unit was dispatched to "Obtain" the G-Virus Sample Birkin was working on. I knew from the start he wouldn't just turn it over, especialy not to me the man who hated him for all those years, the man who takes great pleasure in ruining his life. We had no choice than to fire at the good docter, we took the case but what we didn't know is that Birkin had injected the G-Virus into his own body.

Alpha Team was defeated in a very gruesome manner by what Birkin had become, I managed to escape though with a vial of the Purple G-Virus...

September 28th, 1998

Racoon City was now nothing more than a wasteland of Mutated Monsters and Zombies, the City was already heading at 90 miles per hour toward its final end. Umbrella deployed the UBCS Team but they didn't make much diffrence, as no human was a match for what Umbreall's monsters and zombies could do. Umbrella Europe sent in a new type of B.O.W., called "Nemesis". This new monster made it his mission to kill the only Remaining S.T.A.R.S. Members left in Raccoon which included Jill Valentine. Wesker decided to get this Nemesis Data for his new Corporation.

September 29th, 1998

Umbrella now desperate to cover up what had happened, deployed a Tyrant T-103 to stop Leon S. Kennedy and Claire Redfield from finding out the Bitter Truth. I had shifted my position over to Wesker's new Corporation, and was now working as an Agent for this new Companey.

We found out that Birkin had hidden a sample of the G-Virus in his daughter Sherry's pendant, Wesker also brought in a spy in order to find the location of Sherry...He sent me in to retrieve the Sample once Ada found Sherry, however she got to close to Leon and it began to cloud her judgement.

I knew Ada would do something to mess the mission up, and I reported this back to "The Agency" but it was too late. Even though she almost had her hands on the G-Virus, that affection of hers for Leon was the death of her. Wesker saw more usefullness in her though so he brought her back.

I then found a sample of the G-Virus near the entrance to the Sewers, this was the vial that Leon had thrown away moments before.

September 30th, 1998

We decided to bring the Tyrant back, we needed his Combat Data for further research, and in the process we had hoped he would finish off Leon and Clair for good.

With the help of Ada however the Tyrant was lost, we were able to gather more complete samples of the G-Virus from his dead body though.

October 1st, 1998

On the morning of October 1st, Raccoon city was destroyed by a long range Nuclear Missile launched by the United States Government to stop the Viral Outbreak. This was of course, their feigned reason...Later, Claire left for Europe to find her lost brother Chris, and Leon joined a large Underground anti-Umbrella Organization.

We were able to find Sherry and bring her into our custody via the tracking device I put on her, "The Agency" would never underestimate a Birkin. There is something about this little girl...

November 7th, 1998

Umbrella for reasons unknown have built a new highly advanced lab at Ground Zero right in the middle of Raccoon Cities once great Town Center, now nothing more than a distant memory...They have also shifted most research to their Trinity Facility, some 100 miles away from Raccoon City. What could they be upto?

December 30th, 2006

My mission is to get into the Main Trinity Lab, steal a sample of the Uroboros Virus, dispose of any evidence I was ever there...And then get out and return to California to deliver the sample to Wesker, this may be the toughest mission I have ever faced.

--
Unknown Entry (From the owner of the "S" Corporation)
--

---------------------------
Janurary, 2008
---------------------------

I have bought into the corporation known only as "S" Corp, my motivation being to get back at both Albert Wesker; and his lackey that goes by the name of, Hunk. I was truly lucky when the G-Virus inside my body revitalized my celluler functions, I was given back the life I was so viciously robbed of by that woman calling herself Claire.

I know 'They' have Sherry but at the moment I can't risk a new operation, I have to let everyone think I am dead until the right moment; Wesker thinks Uroboros is the key to human evolution but he is wrong! Omega will show everyone just what evolution is, and when that is done they will pay for forsaking me! I've already been in contact with Spencer, he informed me that Hunks involvement in my shooting was completely upto Wesker; so I have promised to help save Umbrella from the situation it is in.

If need be we will merge "S" Corp and Umbrella into a completely new Company, a new way of researching and developing viral agents surpassing the agency and it's engimatic owner; a new day is dawning for the world and "S" Corp and Umbrella will be right in the middle of it!

Our plans will be implemented soon, god help the people of this world; because the biggest thing to hit mankind is coming! We will not let Wesker or anyone else steal the spotlight, as it belongs to us!

mastermind

"Wesker then had the idea to get even more Combat Data, so under the guise of a "Search And Rescue" Mission, I ordered The Alpha Team to the Mansion Lab without a moment of hesitation.

Five people managed to survive this ordeal, from Alpha were Barry Burton, Jill Valentine And Chris Redfield. And from Bravo were Rebecca Chambers And Enrico Marini. Wesker felt it was time to execute his plan."

part of this is wrong cause Enrico didn't survive. they got the right number of STARS members but not the right ones

MutatedEvil21

I know that part is wrong, remember the report is being written from Hunk's perspective; he is purposefully leaving out a few details as to not implicate himself in the shooting of Enrico, in my story before RE1 ends Hunk does indeed shoot and kill Enrico as to not let him reveal who the Traitor(s) are. Also, the reason I didn't mention Brad Vickers; is because i'm making like Wesker and the agency have no idea he is still alive, which in this universe he is not killed by the Nemesis and he now works as a pilot for the BSAA.

Keep in mind aswell this is set in an alternate timeline of the RE Universe, and as such a few details will change in order to include Hunk in the storyline; thats why I wrote this report in order to insert Hunk/Samuel Bennet into the storyline of the main series. So yeah, in reality the survivors are as follows.

From Alpha Team: Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton & Brad Vickers.

From Bravo: (The Sole Survivor Of The Bravo Team) Rebecca Chambers.

MutatedEvil21

No problem, I probably should have explained that part a bit more clearly anyway.

Just a heads up: The first chapter is nearing completion so keep a look out for it, I should have it ready in the next week; so be sure to check it out when it's up!

MutatedEvil21

I'm going to post the chapters in this thread, not much point in opening a new one when this one can serve that purpose; plus it saves space on the board by not having multiple entrys of more or less the samething.

MutatedEvil21

Chapter 1: It All Begins Again (Raccoon Redux)

[Date: January 8th, 2008]

Wesker sighed as he sat in a large seat which was mounted into the floor, it looked almost like a command and control chair; he looked up as he heard footsteps approaching him from afar.

"I thought I told you to watch the girl." Weskers voice sounded not at all pleased, his manner starting to shift more toward an irritated one. "Do I have to remind you of Omega? The "S" Corporation are not waiting around for us to fix you're mistakes."

"I am sorry, wesker." Ada looked into the sunglassed eyes of her boss, remembering what Leon had told her 4 years ago; when he was dealing with Osmund Saddler.

"If I were you thinking of turning on me Ada I would change my mind, have you forgotten the price you almost paid 9 years ago?" Wesker stood up and turned his back to the woman in red, he takes his sunglasses off for a moment revealing his piercing red eyes. "Go tell Hunk to prepare for immediate departure, this carrier is on loan from Tricell so we must listen to their management; get to the landing strip depart for Trinity Island and await instructions there."

"Alright..." Ada turned to leave but was stopped by Weskers voice.

"And Ada, if you meet up with Leon Kennedy; kill him this time because if you fail me again, I just might let you stay dead." Wesker said in a cold but confidant tone of voice.

Ada sighed and walked out of the command center of the carrier, her mind shifting from her mission at hand and that of Leon.

"Hunk..." Wesker said as he turned to look at a small Holographic Image of Hunk, he was wearing the same outfit he was back in 2004 during the operation. "Watch Ada and if she makes a mistake, dispose of her and get rid of any evidence we were involved; you of all people know what is at stake here, I also want you to findout anything you can about "S" Corps new Chief Executive Officer...Understood."

"Yea, consider it done." Hunk nodded as the image faded away and Wesker took a seat back in the chair.

"Atleast there is one person I can trust." He muttered half knowing Ada would have to be killed, that affection she felt for Leon did indeed look like it would be the death of her; he put a hand to his chin as he watched the monitors that lined the wall infront of him, one of them showed what looked like a 21 year old girl surronded by a Cryogenic Stasis System.

"You are going to show everyone just what evolution is, The G-Virus' further potential is the key and you will be the gate." Wesker laughed an almost evil laugh before regaining his seriousness. "Dr. Birkin would be proud, his only daughter helping further the research of her dear old dad."

The woman in the Stasis System was none other than Dr. William Birkins daughter, sherry; whom the agency had been holding for the past 7 or so years. It had been easy locating her the hard part was getting her away from Leon, Hunk posed as a U.S Government Agent however had no trouble at all; Leon was too easily fooled into giving Sherry up but what he didn't know however, was that he had given her upto the wrong people.

"Excella..." Wesker turned toward the Holographic Comm System. "I was expecting your sister, but to talk to the Regional Manager of Tricell is an added bonus."

"When are you're agents going to get here?" Excella Gionne looked none to pleased. "My sister is nearing a breakthrough in the Uroboros Project, but she can't proceed with Umbrella blocking us every second; I paid good money for your operatives to shut the Umbrella Lab down, so whats the hold up?"

"I can assure you my dear woman, my operatives will be there very soon and you will get what you paid for; Umbrella is an enemy of the agency aswell." Wesker sighed deeply. "But we must disscuss secondary payment."

"What kindof payment?" Excella asked not liking this delay.

"I want a vial of Uroboros which I will pay you for, I will give any price you offer as long as it is reasonable; I plan on combining parts of the T & G-Virus' in with Uroboros which I belive will make it even stronger." Wesker smirked evily watching Excellas expression. "If my plans work, Tricell will be put on the map and we will be able to take out both the "S" Corporation and Umbrella."

"I will think about it and get back to you, good day Wesker." The image then broke up leaving wesker to ponder his own words, he felt a new day was dawning and he was going to make damn sure he was in the middle; Ozwell E. Spencer would soon findout just what he could do.

[Date: January 10th, 2008]

"Isn't it funny?" Brad Vickers asked looking back at Chris. "We survive Raccoon City then when you least expect it, Umbrella comes right back into the picture; when the Government Suspended their business I thought Umbrella was finished."

"Yea, I did too; seems like Ozwell Spencer is smarter than they thought." Chris shook his head. "Try to get me as close to Alpha Team as possible, BSAA Command says that Jill was taken into custody sometime after we confronted Wesker that night; I will get her back even if I have to walk through hell to do it."

"You two always did care so much for each other." Brad smirked a bit as he flew the Helicopter toward the landing zone, he looks out his right window and notices something odd. "Hey chris, look out your window."

"What?" Chris looks out the window and notices a woman wearing a BSAA Lieutenants uniform, he smirked a little bit and nodded looking back at Brad. "I guess Claire just couldn't help but help her big brother, set her down over there in that open area."

"Roger..." Brad turned the Helicopter toward the space and then sat her down, Brad being the BSAA pilot assigned to Chris' unit Alpha Team.

Chris jumped down off the Helicopters Passenger area and watched as Claire walked upto him, he smirks a bit and waves.

"So, what brings you to this neck of the woods?" Chris asked smirking a bit.

"Some intel that I got from BSAA Command." Claire sighed a bit. "What about you?"

"Well, we think Jill is being held here at The Agency' main complex; I'm here to find and rescue her and to assess a project called Uroboros." Chris shrugged his shoulders. "Sounds nasty, but if Jill is here i'm gonna find her."

"I'm on a search and rescue aswell, Leon thinks The Agency is holding Sherry here; I have to find her before they do something to her." Claire looked down at the ground, sad at the fact she hadn't protected her all those years ago.

Chris nods before looking back at the Helicopter he runs upto the Pilots side and knocks on the glass. "Take her back up Brad, I will radio you if I need anything; find the refueling station and try to lay low until Extraction."

"Gotcha, and Chris...Find Jill before Wesker decides to do something horrible to her, like he tried to do to us back in the Mansion." Brad said slowly.

"Don't worry, if he has hurt her in any way I will kill him; that is a promise." Chris turned as the Helicopter began to ascend back into the air and fly away, he walks back upto Claire. "Come on, we can search the Island together; my assigned partner couldn't make it so wanna fill in for her?"

"Yea, backup from BSAA HQ is not a promise so it will be good to have somebody to watch my back; especially one I know I can trust." Claire smiled glad she had cought upto her brother. "We can search the streets of Trinity City first, then move on to the Memorial Hospital."

"Alright, lets move out." Chris said as he began to walk toward the city, claire following behind him her instinct to check all her surrondings; there was an Umbrella lab here and Umbrella usualy ment something bad was about to happen.

[Date: January 11th, 2008 (The Next Day)]

"Did he tell you where he was going?" Chris talked into the small PDA Device he held in his hand, he was talking to a BSAA Mission Operator. "It isn't like Leon to vanish like this, he must have left a message or something."

"I am sorry Chris, we cannot get in contact with either him or Barry Burton; we understand the importance they hold to this mission and will continue trying." The operator sighed a little bit. "Meanwhile, your orders are to get visual confirmation that Agent Valentine is indeed being held there; good luck, BSAA HQ out."

"Any luck?" Claire asked as she walked into the room, she was making double sure all her weapons were loaded and ready to go. "Did you get in touch with Leon?"

"No, I couldn't reach Barry either; which is weird cause only me and Jill know where he and his family are." Chris takes a deep breath and stands up, fully clad in his BSAA Uniform and weaponry. "Are you sure your ready?"

"Yea, this is something I have to do and can't turn back now; if Sherry is in trouble I have to help her." Claire smiled a weak smile. "I feel almost like a big sister to her, she had no one when I first met her and I hated to leave her that day; but I had to findout if you were ok."

Chris nods, he then takes the lead as their mission began.

[Location: Trinity Refueling Station]

"Are you sure you will be alight alone?" Brad asked as he got out of the Helicopter. "Why go in with no back up? Atleast, let me come with you."

"I'll be ok..." A lone woman was then seen reloading a pistol, she looks back at Brad. "Thanks for the offer though, besides you have to wait for Chris' call; remember?"

"I remember, but something tells me something big is about to happen; take care of yourself Rebecca." Brad said softly as he begins to work on a part of the Helicopter.

Rebecca smiles and heads off toward the city, her mission here a purely independant one; she was here to provide backup for Chris whom she knew was in grave trouble, he just didn't know it yet. She had come across information that Wesker had indeed captured Jill in order to lure Chris here, the bad part being that she also knew Wesker was useing Jill as a test subject.

To Be Continued...

MutatedEvil21

((Sorry for this chapter taking so long, but real life kinda crept up on me and I had to take a break from the internet; but I'm back now and ready to continue this story))

[Date: January 11th, 2008 (Five hours later)]

Hunk was holding a woman at gunpoint watching her every move, he sighed a bit and looked toward the desk she was working at; his eyes not even moving off of her for one second as he made sure he got what he was after.

"You know why I am here, Doctor." He said slowly. "Hand over the Uroboros sample and you won't be hurt, or you can try to escape and be killed; while I still obtain the sample, take your pick cause time is running out."

Doctor Erica Gionne stopped what she was doing and stood up, she turned to look at Hunk shaking her head. "Do you honestly take me as a fool? You work for Wesker, don't you?"

Hunk just stood there knowing this woman was beginning to try his patients. "Doctor I am here to collect the sample, now tell me where it is or you will die."

"Omega!!!" She called out which took Hunk by surprise as before he knew it, he had hit the wall and slumped down to the floor.

A bew type of Tyrant known as Omega, walked into the room and begins to stare at Hunk; he looks at the Doctor and begins to speak in a seemingly coherent manner. "Orders?" Was all he asked.

"Don't kill the operative but I do want you to go on a little seek and destroy mission, find the intruders on the island and kill them; one's name is Chris the other is Claire, lastname Redfield! Don't let them set one foot in this or Umbrella's Research Labs." Doctor Gionne then looked back at Hunk. "How will The Agency contend with "S" Corp, Tricell and Umbrella all at one time? Weskers betrayel will not stand and he will not be paid as a result, Uroboros will stay in the hands of me and my sister."

"Like your an angel..." Hunk spat as he returned to his feet. "More like an angel of hell, one that descends from the heavens and plays a tune which sounds so peacefull; yet come to findout it is the hymn of hell."

"I may be a demon Mr. Bennet, but I am not a fool; tell Wesker to go to hell cause Tricell will not allow his betrayel to stand." Erica watches as the Omega Tyrant leaves the room. "They are the alpha and the omega, the beggining and the end, the first and the last."

"Oh shut up." Hunk walked over to the door and turned his head to look at Erica, he shook his head. "But do entice me a little Doctor, what does that phrase mean in perspective to you?"

"Tricells two advances on Umbrellas original Tyrant Format, they are codenamed Alpha and Omega; the beggining and the end for mankind, the first and last of their kind." Erica sat back down at her desk typing in commands on her computer. "Please leave, I am tired of your presence."

Hunk decides to take this time and leave as his mission as it stood had changed, he knew what Wesker would say to Tricells treason; he knew pretty soon his mission would be to kill Erica and steal a sample of the Uroboros Viral Compound.

[Date: January 11th, 2008 (Later That Day)]

"Thats right Wesker, Tricell are planning on turning on the Agency and forming an alliance with "S" Corp and Umbrella; if they do that all three companys together will have enough power to bring Umbrella back from it's ashes." Hunk shook his head turning to look back every once and awhile, a tactic that allowed him to tell if someone was following him. "They even have two new Tyrants, codenamed Alpha & Omega; these are diffrent though as they follow orders to the letter and can even speak."

"This is worse than I thought..." Wesker pounded his fist down on the control console infront of him, he then looks back at the Holocomm. "Prepare to execute Operation Lazarus, steal a sample of the Uroboros Virus and report back here on the double."

"Roger...I will radio back once I have the sample, Hunk out." Hunk then cut the connection.

Wesker stands up and walks over to a monitor that was monitoring parts of Trinity Island, his instinct to go there himself but he had someone else that could do that; he turned around as a dark clad woman walked into the room.

"Do you understand your mission?" Wesker asked coldly.

"Kill Chris Redfield and his sister Claire, then insure Hunks mission is successfull." The woman then nodded and turned to leave the room. "What about Birkin?"

"What?" Wesker turned to the woman and shook his head. "Leave her where she is, we need her for further tests; now get to your mission."

The woman nods and leaves the command center of the carrier, her mysterious nature growing with every second.

[Location: Trinity Island "S" Corps Main Complex]

"Do the orders stand?" A man asked slowly. "Do you really want me to release the G-Virus? What about..."

"The Innocent people?" The man in a researchers jacket turned around, revealing himself to be Dr. William Birkin. "Research comes before anything else, and besides we need another Raccoon City; Ozwell E. Spencer is a brillent man and whatever he says goes."

"With all due respect sir, you are the owner of "S" Corp not him; don't make the world suffer through another Raccoon." The man sighed deeply seeing his words were making no diffrence. "I will get right on it, sir."

William smiles and turns back to his computer. "The importaint things should be what is at the forefront, we cannot let creed overshadow what is importaint; Umbrella and "S" Corp will shine in the spotlight of the world." He then turned on a Security Camera which showed Sherry inside a Stasis Chamber, where she was being held on The Agency's Carrier. "I'm sorry for what you have been through Sherry, but I will get you out of this mess; you are the last bit of family I have left."

William took a deep breath and continued to look at the video of Sherry, he almost couldn't bare to see her in this condition; if he didn't have much caring for much of anything else he did for Sherry. She was his only daughter and only child for that matter, and he would give his life for her if it came to that.

To Be Continued...

Top Bottom